Changing the main Messaging background?

Jonbo298

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I must be blind or something. I found the settings to change SMS background when in a specific person's one. When I'm just in the main messaging area before choosing someone, I cannot figure out how to change the background. Not a fan of the bright whiteness.

Is there a way to? I've hunted through settings to no avail.

Posted via Android Central App

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
If it's like the Galaxy S3's message app, you just go Menu->Settings and there's an option for "Background Style" (you do have to be in the main window, not in a specific conversation though)

But that app is all black background by default, not white, so maybe it's not the same....I thought it was since they're all Samsung phones...I actually thought the app was the Android messaging app and this wasn't some Touchwiz custom app....

Jonbo298

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
If it's like the Galaxy S3's message app, you just go Menu->Settings and there's an option for "Background Style" (you do have to be in the main window, not in a specific conversation though)

But that app is all black background by default, not white, so maybe it's not the same....I thought it was since they're all Samsung phones...I actually thought the app was the Android messaging app and this wasn't some Touchwiz custom app....

Samsung's definition of Background Style changed in the N3. I was with my dad who has a GS3 and that's how it works on that, just not on N3 that way.

xderiwx

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Kind of related, but once you've chose/made a custom background for the chat box, how do you delete that custom picture from showing up as an option once you've changed from it to a different background?

n1nj4Lo

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Xposed Framework + XBackground Module to Change the convo list background. Then the second post what they said to change the conversation background.

Also XBackground will change the background of your dialer pad, contacts, task manager and settings background too.

You must be rooted to do this.

Nach677

Mar 29, 2017
Visit site
I must be blind or something. I found the settings to change SMS background when in a specific person's one. When I'm just in the main messaging area before choosing someone, I cannot figure out how to change the background. Not a fan of the bright whiteness.

Is there a way to? I've hunted through settings to no avail.

So I was actually wondering how to change the specific persons sms background. Being you figured it out I am wondering if you could tell me how to do it. I have a Galaxy S7.
-Nach

valjohnson54

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Bring up the person you want to modify, check the menu or the three dots and find customize. You 'll find (at least on mine) Backgrounds, conversation bubble, tones, and reset to default. chose Backgrounds, and at the bottom you'll see a big +, a paint pallet, default, classic, modern, time/clock, and some pictures. If you don't want one that is showing, choose the +. Here you will get choices; take a picture, collage, image search, apps, cloud, and pictures, and downloads. If you choose image search, type in a description of what you want.... ocean, sky, boats, flowers, etc, and it'll take you to a bunch of images. if you choose one (and mine's not working right right now and I think my LG v20 will go back to Verizon tomorrow) it will give you the choice of attaching the link or attaching the picture. Use Attach and it will download to your phone. Choosing the picture should get it onto the screen, then you back out of backgrounds and it should stay.
And you can also attach a notification to the person so you'll know who's texting you by the notification tone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv