How do I incorporate this phone into my life!!!

joan006

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I know all the basic stuff, but with the stylus and all the goodness it offers, I am wanting to learn how to best incorporate this phone into my world!! I can make a note, but then what? Can I use it as a journal with pics? My kids have an IPhone, can they see what I see when I send them an action memo? Where is Evernote at, as I heard it's incorporated into the phone.
Do any of y'all know a good video or 2 or 12 of how to blend the phone with our lives. I have found loads of videos that show how to use each function separately, but not how to further use the functions so that it makes our lives easier. I know it can!!
I hope I'm making myself understood. I went to my Verizon store yesterday and talked to some great CSR's and two of them had this phone. They didn't know much more than me and were still trying to figure it out as well.
Thanks in advance!!!

**edit** I just figured out Evernote on here. You need to download it from the playstore. THEN, I got a free upgrade to Premium for a whole year!!! Part of a Samsung promo. HAPPY DANCE!

Last edited:

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
This is great question.

The first thing I would say is to learn all you can about the individual features of the phone.

You've started that and so the next step is to apply those features to your lifestyle. How I use the device is going to be very different from how others use it, but you can't begin until you know what all it can do. That's where the YouTube videos become valuable.

I will share with you a little of how I use my phone, and maybe that will spur a thought or action for you.

I have owned every version of the Note (tablet and phone) and there is no other device like it.

My phone is my go to device for everything related to managing my life. I wake each morning and run. My phone serves as my alarm clock to wake me up. With the ability to apply custom ring tones with apps like Zedge, I can wake to my favorites. Because the phone allows me to download mp3 files I can download my favorite podcast and listen to them as I run. I just started using S- health to track my runs, but prior to that I used an app called Endomnondo.

When I return home I use the phone for my daily Bible reading using an app called You Version.

Periodically during the day, using s-note I will send my wife and children handwritten notes of affection as opposed to the standard text messages. Because s-note allows me to be creative no two messages are ever the same.

I use s-note to take handwritten notes at staff meetings, and Google Keep to remind me of task and projects throughout the day.

All my appointments are stored using the calendar app, and I use the phone as my appointment reminder by always having my next appointment displayed on the home screen using a widget called Simple Calendar.

Because I like reading, during lunch I will listen to audio books or read a book using apps like Audible or Kindle.

I always snap a few photos throughout the day so that at night I make a journal using s-note to document a little reminder of the days activities. Because S-note allows me to customize the book cover I will often use one of the photos from the day as the book cover.

I use the s-health app to not only track my runs, but also the food intake. I use to use an app called Lose-it, but I'm trying out Samsung's version which does the same thing.

I have just started using the Galaxy Gear and that my friend is a whole other matter. In conjuction with the phone I can now read email, read and respond to text messages, make and receive phone calls, take photos and short videos, and do it all without ever picking up the phone.

I don't listen to the nay sayers who suggest a lot of the features and such on these phones are gimmicks because they are not. I personally try every one of them. Some I use more than others and some I discover that it's just not needed for my lifestyle. But I'm glad they are there because they might be useful to someone.

The bottom line is to learn the features and don't shy away from trying them and then using them. You will discover that the Galaxy Note is an amazing device. Capable of helping you manage all you have to do throughout the day.

I hope this was helpful.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
The previous guy is absolutely right about not shying away from features but no matter what you'll never use all of them.

I buy on Craigslist a lot and sell as well so multi Window is nice because I can browse people and text or dial their number at the same time.

I work at a store where I have to remember part numbers so when I go to grab one I'll jot it real quick if I'm pulling multiple items.

If I'm listening to a song and want to download it later you Google voice search 'remind me to download x when I get home'

On the other hand something like scrapbook I'll never use

Posted via Android Central App

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad you're exploring the features, there are so many, it's a learning curve to figure out how they all incorporate into our lives. When I started, I thought I'd ignore the features, I just wanted a large screen. But once I played with an S-note, I had to become willing to take the extra split second to pull out the S-pen to write something down rather than grab a pen and a scrap of paper from my purse. But once I did that, voila, it was so rewarding that I didn't have a jumble in my purse and knew instantly where everything I'd written was safely stored and reachable. It became second nature. For me, I had to take a bit of extra time to save a lot of time (and sometimes money) in the long run. I also love being able to take pictures and write on them. And I know photos and S-notes as jpg's can be sent to iPhones and be read. Just be willing to work through the learning curve and let us know how it works out. You may teach all of us a thing or two or three!

joan006

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone! In my mind I have each feature pretty much down, it's just kind of jumbled in the brain. As DAS said above, it can be SOO useful and he seems to have figured out how to fit each function to work seemlessly.
I would love to take a picture, add captions (which I know how to do), then save it into a journal type calendar or whatever so that when I look back on what I did that day, who I was with thru photo's, I can easily find it in my phone and/or computer.
I recently lost my Mother-in-law who was extremely special to my family. We scoured thru her computer and phone and papers in her house to look for some sort of journal, thoughts, wishes etc that we could treasure and there was nothing. I want to document what we do as a family (we're huge) so that it all can be accessed easily and shared among each other. I think Evernote would be the best way, thru the Note 3.
I hope this makes sense. I just don't want it to take 24 steps to do anything!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance