Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Haalcyon
  • 1 Post By stan23
  • 1 Post By TeamPowerstroke
  • 1 Post By AgentScribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note 3 Battery problem... I think!

I bought my Note 3 yesterday afternoon. It was at 55% of battery when i opened it for the first time. I started installing apps, putting songs, videos etc until it got to 0% and turned off. i left it all night closed to get to 100%. Today i had the (as the screenshots shows). Brightness in auto and not a lot of usage because. Still the phone after only 3h and 50m is at 38%. This is not normal. Is there something i do wrong or my device has a problem and i have to take it back?

Thank you for any advice/solution
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 3 Battery problem... I think!-2013-10-12-16.49.00.jpg   Galaxy Note 3 Battery problem... I think!-2013-10-12-16.49.10.jpg   Galaxy Note 3 Battery problem... I think!-2013-10-12-16.49.18.jpg  

Global Posts
    6,338 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Galaxy Note 3 Battery problem... I think!

It doesn't look like you have very good mobile signal. I wonder if your phone is working overtime trying to "reach out".
    Live long and prosper.

crester likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

hmm i will put it in airplane mode and check it out. thanks for the quick answer.

It looks like you have had the screen on for almost the entire 4 hours. If so, that battery life is normal.
    crester likes this.

Even with screen on that does not seem right. Like a previous poster said if you have a low signal that could be the issue, or you may just have a bad battery.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.

Looked like almost all of the 4 hours was screen time with 38% to spare. That's pretty good actually your looking at probably 6+hours of screen time

Tappin From My N3
    crester likes this.

Consider using Juice Defender from Play Store. The free basic mode has doubled my battery life on Note 3....I too suffer from weak signal and I've trained myself to turn off wifi, bluetooth and gps unless I actually need them.

Indoors, screen brightness is set very low and auto only when outdoors in bright light.

Posted via Android Central App
    BB 8330, 9700, 9800; Atrix 4G & HD; Galaxy Note III
    http://www.LegacyBicycle.com
    Haalcyon likes this.

Global Posts
    571 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Even with screen on that does not seem right. Like a previous poster said if you have a low signal that could be the issue, or you may just have a bad battery.

Having your screen on for 4 hours straight and still having half your battery life left is actually pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by crester View Post
    Having your screen on for 4 hours straight and still having half your battery life left is actually pretty good.

I suppose. Yea that's a reasonable assessment.

love my evo.

Global Posts
    10,631 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

My problem is I have my screen at 60% bright all day and I can't kill the beast. Hotel California for sure.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 3 Battery problem... I think!-uploadfromtaptalk1381645099084.jpg   Galaxy Note 3 Battery problem... I think!-uploadfromtaptalk1381645112289.jpg  
    Thanked by:

The 4G seems to be in all the time. Have you thought about cutting off when it will not be in use? I do this. And it doesn't take long to reconnect to mobile data.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

I have a similar but worse issue with my note 3.

Before this my battery life was just great. I'm using the international snapdragon version of the note 3.

A few days ago i was prompt to update the phone for some stability improvements. After doing so my battery life drained much quicker, and the phone gets hot when I put it through some multitasking. ( It didn't heat up at the time before the update.) Now my baseband version is N9005XXUDMJ7. stock touchwiz android 4.3

I've done a factory reset and yet this issue still persists, never downloaded any new apps after the update. Everything's the same.

Screen on time is 2h 9mins at 36% battery life.

I need some help with this guys!Galaxy Note 3 Battery problem... I think!-2013-12-19-18-39-47-1-.jpg