Galaxy Note 3: Stupid fake S View flip case!

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't find the original black S view flip case in stock anywhere, so I decide to buy a fake on eBay just to hold me over until I find a real one. Well, I haven't even had the thing on my one day old phone for more than two hours and it scratches my damn screen!

The build quality seemed decent enough when I took it out of the box. The S view part of the cover didn't work (I didn't really expect it to). It doesn't activate the S view function of the phone, you can't use the screen through the plastic window and the screen doesn't come on when you open it (I just added my Flip control app as a temporary fix). Well after having it on less than two hours I was wiping my finger prints off the phone and noticed a tiny little faint spot of a scratch. Turns out the inside of the plastic window had a little defect were it wasn't smooth and that was what was scratching my screen. I'm glad I caught it before it got any worse.

This is going back for a full refund asap.

Here is the link of the cover. DO NOT BUY THIS!

Smart s View Flip Battery Cover Case Folio Pouch for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 III | eBay

Attachments

• 20131012_145245.jpg
    20131012_145245.jpg
    766.9 KB · Views: 288
Last edited by a moderator:

moolman

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Stupid fake S view flip case!

Don't worry, nobody here is as dumb as you to buy that fake crap from China and expect to get anything decent. A penguin shaped note 3 cover, yes, a fake s-view, no.

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site

Don't worry, nobody here is as dumb as you to buy that fake crap from China and expect to get anything decent. A penguin shaped note 3 cover, yes, a fake s-view, no.

Really? That's a bit rough. I don't blame people for buying off-brand cases when the official ones are extremely difficult to find. Samsung has to do a better job of making the accessories available for their phones as soon as they come out.

Sent from my Note 3

JawjaBill

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

Really? That's a bit rough. I don't blame people for buying off-brand cases when the official ones are extremely difficult to find. Samsung has to do a better job of making the accessories available for their phones as soon as they come out.

Sent from my Note 3

DITTO

Quad150db

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

Kinda d-bagish... The guy is taking time out to warn others and contribute to the forum. Since when are we to assume all non OEM accessories don't function?

Posted via Android Central App

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Sent from my Note 3

It's not Samsung's fault that he bought a knockoff case.

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the kind words. Yes it indeed is a fake S view because that's what they are selling it as, click the link.

It's not Samsung's fault that he bought a knockoff case.

Nobody said it was. He just pointed out that Samsung doesn't do a good job on having accessories available at launch of a highly anticipated phone.

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Kinda d-bagish... The guy is taking time out to warn others and contribute to the forum. Since when are we to assume all non OEM accessories don't function?

Exactly, I have bought dozens of cheap phone accessories off of eBay. 99% of them have worked great and saved me a lot of money.

I actually called more than a few different stores trying to find an original S view flip case.

ttexxan

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

I bought one as well off ebay and didn't work so trashed it immediately and bought s view from t mobile today

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

moolman

May 12, 2011
Visit site

Did I not mention that you can buy a penguin shaped case for your phone from China for a great price through eBay.

I'm sorry if you're as dumb as the OP to even think that fake S-View would work...lol.... any person that's been on this forum could see that one coming. ...

Cheap tpu penguin/animal cases from eBay yes, S-view, it don't take a brain to figure out, no....:rolleyes:

snc0921

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

Did I not mention that you can buy a penguin shaped case for your phone from China for a great price through eBay.

I'm sorry if you're as dumb as the OP to even think that fake S-View would work...lol.... any person that's been on this forum could see that one coming. ...

Cheap tpu penguin/animal cases from eBay yes, S-view, it don't take a brain to figure out, no....:rolleyes:

Seems moolman has a baby's brain and an old man's heart... {Shamelessly borrowed from Alice Cooper}

Quad150db

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

Lol

I have to like this since I'm meeting Alice Cooper in two weeks

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site

First rule of eBay: go to URL, and type in amazon.com.

The end.

Edit: Just noticed the irony of your username, OP. Just gotta point it out, no offense. :p

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

I bought the same one for my wife and she likes it. She has a screen protector so she is good. She is not into fancy covers. Most of her phones cases have been cheap eBay silicone types. She likes those since she can replace with different colors. I will get her the legit flip view.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Denisej

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

I bought one as well off ebay and didn't work so trashed it immediately and bought s view from t mobile today

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I too bought one off of Ebay that didn't work. I opened a case to attempt to get a refund. If I do I'll be happy but if I don't it's not a big deal either... I have purchased many Non-OEM products and been very happy. I also attempted to purchase the original which is out of stock everywhere that I checked including Samsung's website. Luckily I ran across a thread where a poster was able to get one from Verizon and I immediately ordered one. I'm so glad that the vast majority of the people on here are united in helping each other and not trying to tear each other down.....THANK YOU OP!!!!.......smh

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

It is shipped from Santa Fe Springs, California, United States.

And the first thing I always do after buying a new gadget, is to put on a screen protector. I would not take off the original factory stickers on the screen until I am ready to replace it with my own screen protector.