Galaxy Note 3: Stupid fake S View flip case!

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Stupid fake S view flip case!

Don't worry, nobody here is as dumb as you to buy that fake crap from China and expect to get anything decent. A penguin shaped note 3 cover, yes, a fake s-view, no.

You're a jack @$$ man. Totally uncalled for.

Thanks op for looking out for people. Even though I rock a tempered protector :p

Posted via Android Central App

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

You're a jack @$$ man. Totally uncalled for.

Thanks op for looking out for people. Even though I rock a tempered protector :p

Yup, I was thinking, how come the OP didn't have a scree protector. As somebody has already stated, you put a screen protector on right away, or something might happen to your screen.

I am rocking temp glass to, along with a spare.. :)

Plus, all knock off are not bad. Shucks, for that matter, getting the REAL THING is BAD SOMETIMES, and get lousy customer service to boot..

Just my two cents..Never going to knock somebody for buying something else...I am rocking knock off everything.. :D

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

I couldn't find the original black S view flip case in stock anywhere, so I decide to buy a fake on eBay just to hold me over until I find a real one. Well, I haven't even had the thing on my one day old phone for more than two hours and it scratches my damn screen!

The build quality seemed decent enough when I took it out of the box. The S view part of the cover didn't work (I didn't really expect it to). It doesn't activate the S view function of the phone, you can't use the screen through the plastic window and the screen doesn't come on when you open it (I just added my Flip control app as a temporary fix). Well after having it on less than two hours I was wiping my finger prints off the phone and noticed a tiny little faint spot of a scratch. Turns out the inside of the plastic window had a little defect were it wasn't smooth and that was what was scratching my screen. I'm glad I caught it before it got any worse.

This is going back for a full refund asap.

Here is the link of the cover. DO NOT BUY THIS!

Smart s View Flip Battery Cover Case Folio Pouch for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 III | eBay

You knew that it was FAKE,so why did you buy it?I wouldn't refund you.

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Why should the OP think it would damage the phone, just because it was a so-referred to as "fake" case? It was not sold as a "will damage your phone" case and it doesn't even say "Samsung" on it. It's a case that is sold to protect your phone, not damage it. It damaged his phone - he has recourse through proper channels.

It's not even a fake; it's just a cheap copy and the OP has right to expect it to work somewhat without it damaging the phone. OP can get a refund through pay-pal or e-bay easily, and they probably will, no thanks to disrespecting attitudes like yours.

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

And exactly who's fault is that?

UMMM it is the Manufacturer's fault!! If you buy a car battery from Wal-Mart (Which you shouldn't do) and the battery damages your car, you would not only expect a refund for the battery, but compensation for the damage done to your vehicle. This is the same thing. The guy bought a POS knock off case to PROTECT his phone to some degree. (You know, because that's why we put cases on our phones). The case did the exact opposite and damaged the phone instead of protecting it. It is not the OP's fault for his phone being damaged because there were no prior warnings for using non OEM cases that will DAMAGE (just so we're clear.... This isn't a situation where the case failed to protect his phone. But where the case ADDED DAMAGE) your device.

This is called a Manufacturer defect and the OP has every right to AT LEAST demand a refund.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

Paravoz

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site

That's a great price on those cases. Do you have this case and does it work? None of the eBay pictures show the connectors or if it has an indent for the home button.
I want to get one but not the original style.
Here is the one with a picture of the chip and the indent: Leather s View Window Flip Smart Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy Note III 3 | eBay

I like this (black and white version), its a 20$ one but still cheaper than the samsung cover and I saw a video of it with s-view working Baseus Unique Leather View Flip Smart Battery Case Cover for Galaxy Note 3 N9000 | eBay
Baseus Unique Leather Case Genuine Smart View Flip Cover - YouTube

Last edited:

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

I just got one of those case for a winning bid of $3 shipped...... cheap enough for me to try.

Paravoz

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site

S View Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 III N9000 w IC Chips for Sleep Wake Up | eBay
I just got one of those case for a winning bid of $3 shipped...... cheap enough for me to try.
Do you have a link for that one? Because the ones I posted are 6-9$, and 20$ "Buy it now"

UPDATE: Just ordered the S View Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 III N9000 w IC Chips for Sleep Wake Up | eBay 7$ and it is located in NY so I will get it faster than from China

Last edited:

Paravoz

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site

Received my cover, sview works and the flap closes all the way. Also, I tested to see if it will activate sview if I fold it all the way to the back and it didn't which is good (I heard there were some problems like that on sview covers where the sview activates).

Klaudiarhcp

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site

I have bought one of ebay yesterday and I paid around ?7. It works fine, the s view window is activated, you can touch the window, the camera works and it looks very solid.