Does anyone know if the gray Otterbox case will attract dirt?

CFD323

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I saw the colors on the Otterbox Defender cases that are coming out shortly. Not really happy with color choices but oh well.....

The question I have is about the material on the backside of the case. Does anyone know if it's a soft textured back that would attract dirt etc, or is it a hard back? I do fire investigations for my job and I'm in a dirty, soot/smoke covered environment all the time. I don't want to get the gray case if it's a soft back that will show dirt, smudges, soot marks etc, since I'm on the phone throughout the day as I'm working.

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
It depends if your talking about the Grey defender or the commuter series case. They are opposite, where the defender is rubber outside with a plastic interior, the commuter has a plastic outside with a rubber interior. So to answer, the defender will probably show soot marks, while the commuter will probably show soot marks, but being plastic, it'll wipe right off. I'm a heating tech, so I work with oil burners and get soot all over myself.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

jamesish

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
It depends if your talking about the Grey defender or the commuter series case. They are opposite, where the defender is rubber outside with a plastic interior, the commuter has a plastic outside with a rubber interior. So to answer, the defender will probably show soot marks, while the commuter will probably show soot marks, but being plastic, it'll wipe right off. I'm a heating tech, so I work with oil burners and get soot all over myself.

This makes the most sense. With the rubber back more will show.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk now Free

Expydude

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I kno first had that a grey defender looks terrible after you've carried it awhile. Im outside alot and mine turned black after a month or so

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

MeridianSun

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been considering the Grey defender when it comes out. I'm so tired of the black but now y'all have me second guessing. ...

Sent from my Note 3

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site

I'd be willing to bet that he would want the Defender though due to an enclosed case (Commuter has an open front). I would still opt for the Gray since you don't know if the Black is dirty or not. You can always clean off the gray after some time of use.

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
If the rubber back is textured and gets dirty, you can remove it and use an old toothbrush and soapy water to scrub the dirt out of the grooves. My husband has a black defender case for his S2 with a textured back and this method keeps it clean looking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995