Personalise your Note 3. Tips and Tricks (please).

Daniel George

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
:cool:
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the Android market and need some advice on how to personalise my new Note 3.
for example how do i change the icons in the tray at the bottom?
Can someone give me some step by step guides.
(what i really want is to have widgets on my lock screen, but still need a password to unlock the phone)

thanks in Advance Team.

Daniel George

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
also how do i turn off the camera shutter sound????
i put my phone on silent in the library and when i try to take a photo the camera makes a really loud capture sound !!!!!

I think it must be a stalker alert feature ;)

RealRyhailey

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
For customization you are going to want a launcher for starts I would highly recommend Nova prime, from there you are able to download the icon packs and you will be able to automatically apply them from there. Not hard to do just takes some tinkering and a small learning curve.

Tappin on the Note 3 via TapTalk

james27007

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Check out this youtube channel, it has a lot of great info The Daily Note II/3 - YouTube

As for widgets on the lock screen, that option goes away when you have a passwork or the phone locked

Changing the icons on the bottom of the home screen
Just press and hold (called long press) on the icons and you can replace them with different apps. If you want different icons for the apps already there, you need a new launcher (like Go launcher) and an icon pack

As for changing the shutter sound.
Open the camera
Press the gear icon, more will show up
Press the gear again, you'll see a camera, camcorder and general settings menu
Press the gear again and scroll to the bottom
Here you can disable the shutter sound

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
To change the icons simply long press on any icon you want to move and move it to wherever you'd like, or to remove it drag it to the top of the screen where it says remove. To add new icons go to the app drawer and then long press the icon you want to add and then when it shows up on the homescreen drag it to wherever you'd like. To turn the shutter sound off go into the ccamera, then hit the menu button that's beside the home button. Next, click on the gear at the top then scroll down to shutter sound and change it. For widgets on your lock screen go into your settings. From there you're going to click device, then lockscreen, then turn multiple widgets on. Next, lock your phone then pull down on the widget on your lock screen, you should see the widget expand. Next, slide the widget to the right and you should see a giant plus in the middle of the screen press it to add a new widget. This should help.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Check out this youtube channel, it has a lot of great info The Daily Note II/3 - YouTube

As for widgets on the lock screen, that option goes away when you have a passwork or the phone locked

Changing the icons on the bottom of the home screen
Just press and hold (called long press) on the icons and you can replace them with different apps. If you want different icons for the apps already there, you need a new launcher (like Go launcher) and an icon pack

As for changing the shutter sound.
Open the camera
Press the gear icon, more will show up
Press the gear again, you'll see a camera, camcorder and general settings menu
Press the gear again and scroll to the bottom
Here you can disable the shutter sound

gosh darn verizon....no setting to disable shutter sound....grrrrrr

Daniel George

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I can put widgets on my lock screen but only if I don't have any security. I want both !!!

Also I can long hold apps to move them except the ones in the tray at the bottom :(

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I can put widgets on my lock screen but only if I don't have any security. I want both !!!

Also I can long hold apps to move them except the ones in the tray at the bottom :(

you cant move those only replace them.....put the apps on the screen that you want on the bottom , then from that screen drag them to the bottom icons and the one you are dragging will either fill in the 4th open slot or switch places with the one thats there. i really encourage you to go on youtube and watch some tutorials, it does help with the learning curve and visibly shows the processes!! We are all going on and watching to get a handle on the new goodies!!

evilgenyus

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I have a sprint note 3 and when i put my phone on vibrate I don't have the shutter sound.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the Sprint Note 3 and there is no option in the default camera app to disable the shutter sound. However, as evilgenyus noted, you won't hear it if you turn the sound off. So that's a simple work-around, but I agree it's not ideal. They really should have given us a basic toggle to turn shutter sounds on or off. Alternatively, you can use a third-party app. I found SilentCamera, which seems to work. There are probably others. For me though, Camera Zoom FX isn't one of them -- it has an option to disable the shutter sound but it doesn't work.

As for the other points, I think in the default launcher you can replace icons that are there with other ones, but it's kind of limited from what I saw. You only have four slots to work with and there doesn't seem to be any way to change that. I haven't come across a way to use lock screen widgets with anything other than the swipe-to-unlock security setting. I would be interested to know if there's some way around that though.

rfebrahimi

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys. I'm new here, but I have one problem with Galaxy Note 3. I was used a galaxy S1 before and it has an option, the screen was turn ON, when pick up it, but there are some function such as air gesture and smart screen on Note 3, and only has vibrate, if you have a missed cal or notify massage.
So, anybody can help me, how I can use my phone which its screen turn on, when I pick it up? tnx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non