Any Blackberry people have the Note 3? Impressions?

purpledog10

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
QuickDime, I appreciate your posts. It's nice to have the feedback from someone who has experienced the best of what BB offers but, like me, has started to find it lacking in certain ways. Thank you for your feedback regarding the loss of the Hub; that was my biggest concern. It's nice to know that the Note 3 has given you a lot more functionality, which is what I am expecting to get by moving to the Note 3. Thanks!

missmawarlina

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I love my note 3! The only feature on bb that i miss is that i can reset apps only or data only on bb without having to reset everything.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jirages

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I got the S View Cover, but I cant figure out how to change the widgets on the front screen and have it show the weather / time all the time.

I wish I could figure out how to xfer my sms messages / remember memos fro my Q10 as well. I may just have to put it up for a loss since I sold the Q10 and need to ship it out Monday.

I am much more of a fan of this phone it seems to have group mass messaging as well.

I have the blackberry Q10 and flipped from iphone 5 to Note 3.
I use the blackberry Q10 for calls, and the Note 3 for everything else.
If I only had the Note 3, and receive a lot of phone calls, I am sure I would often mistakenly pick-up the desktop calculator to answer

To transfer SMS from BB Q10 to galaxy Note 3, there is an app that you could download on BB world and Google Play called SMS backup.
Red Icon on BB and Blue Icon on Google apps.
Backup the SMS file on BB and transfer file to Note 3 ---- Restore your SMS's with same app on Note 3.

Remember Notes on BB Q10, sign in on Evernote in Q10 where the evernote app will merge with Remember in blackberry.
On the Q10, you will have two files in Remember now, one for evernote.
Copy files from remember folder and paste in evernote.
Evernote will save on the cloud.
On the note 3 , login to evernote, the remember files are there.
For the S-View, I don't mind what is on the screen. It only appears for a few seconds when you close the lid. For notifications, the window will alert with a new window that you could swipe

QuickDime

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
QuickDime, I appreciate your posts. It's nice to have the feedback from someone who has experienced the best of what BB offers but, like me, has started to find it lacking in certain ways. Thank you for your feedback regarding the loss of the Hub; that was my biggest concern. It's nice to know that the Note 3 has given you a lot more functionality, which is what I am expecting to get by moving to the Note 3. Thanks!

No worries, the Note 3 is a wonderful device, with BBM going cross platform I have 98% of all my Z10 functionality, really if you see value in this device, pull the trigger!

Fr3lncr

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
While my device of choice as a daily driver has always been a BB (as it has always been more reliable to me in terms of signal strength and I prefer the way it handles the core stuff like calls/email/calendar/contacts), I've kept an Android device as a backup and for travelling (huge 'saved maps' user so I need Google Maps!) for the last two years (Galaxy S2 and now Nexus 4).

Anyhow, I've had a Nexus 4 since December and was contemplating getting a Nexus 5 since I've never really like the signal strength on the N4 (loose signal indoors too often), the display (too hard to read in sunlight), or the battery life. I also just picked up a Nexus 7 but the one I have has the touchscreen issues so it's going back.

So, as I was going to eventually get both a Nexus 5 & 7, I'm now wondering if I should just get a Galaxy Note 3 and have one device that does more or less both things (essentially all your smartphone functions with a screen almost the size of a Nexus 7).

Price wise, if I'm looking at the 32GB Nexus 5 & 7, the cost would be about the same and maybe just a bit cheaper than one Note 3. Plus the Note 3 would allow for the SD card and extra battery if needed which are huge pluses for me. And most importantly, it means I can just carry one device when travelling rather than two (as I hate carrying stuff around)

Guess I should just go to the store and try one out.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I agree the Hub is a wonderful feature. I haven't tried a universal Hub type application on Android yet. I guess the point is i'm getting all my information in three really good apps. I've adjusted to handling my information in a different matter and I really haven't lost productivity, plus I have gained a ton more functionality I could never get in the current BB10 environment. But that's just my ten cents others might have different stories/experiences!

I was just going to ask if you had tried the Samsung Hub to see if this gave you similar functionality/comfort level to the Hub on BB10 when I read this response from you. Has anyone else who liked the Hub on BlackBerry tried Samsung Hub to see if this works for you? I'm not one that finds hubs in any form to be useful, as I don't have many different social feeds and prefer that most messaging items stay separated on my phone.

Fr3lncr

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Went to Bell to buy a Note 3 to try it out but they wouldn't sell it without a plan... for some stupid reason, Bell's 'off contract' price still requires a minimum 30 day account. (Seriously!!!).

Anyways, while I am a big fan of the size of the Nexus 4/Z30 (so 5 inches), I have to say I found the Note 3 a bit too big. Since I couldn't buy one outright, I played with the demo unit and I don't know if I'm ready for something that big as my daily driver. Maybe some day but right now I think I'll just still to a 5 inch device.

As such, hopefully the Nexus 5 gets announced soon as I'll sell my N4 to offset the cost.

dpoverlord

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, you are just the type of person I wanted to hear from!
no problem one month in almost and absolutely love it. Only thing after getting used to no gestures is how to delete multiple sms
Yes, I'm thinking that with Android being open source, surely all the features that BB left out of BB10 (like group functionality) can be found somewhere! It's so customizable, I'm hoping that I can get the N3 set up to how I want it to be without losing the S-Pen features that come with TouchWiz. I want the best of both worlds--Blackberry and TouchWiz!

yeah download greeter cheater

Oofa

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Only because you got comfortable with what you used. Android is user friendly enough that 80%+ of the world uses it.

Bb10 for me is a confusing mess of gestures, inconsistent ui, trash can hub, deep buried menus. It's like a french-designed OS. Think renault os. I think potential customers pick it up, played with it, and put it right back down. It is off putting.

Hilarious! I think this is the common thinking of people that hate BB as if it's the devil in disguise. Your first sentence tells us why you are so confused by BB10.......... "only because you got comfortable with what you used".

dpoverlord

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
As I said before... I LOVED my Blackberry. I wanted my Q10 to succeed in every way possible. I returned it due to the lack of apps and a lot of functionality. You might hate me for saying this but I found the Q10 more intuitive than my note 3 and an iphone. The only problem is the lack of app support and everything I mentioned before.

The Q10 should have been there 2 years ago.... Not now.

jirages

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Only because you got comfortable with what you used. Android is user friendly enough that 80%+ of the world uses it.

Bb10 for me is a confusing mess of gestures, inconsistent ui, trash can hub, deep buried menus. It's like a french-designed OS. Think renault os. I think potential customers pick it up, played with it, and put it right back down. It is off putting.

Why, do you read and write French ? Which french designed OS are you pinpointing here?
Renault ? Since you started pointing out statistical figures, Renault is the 4th largest auto manufacturer in the world.
Your deduction states that you pick up a french product ...and put it right back down. It is off putting...... I MEAN HAVE YOU EVER BEEN OUTSIDE OF YOUR ZIP CODE ?
BB launched it's bbm on the ios days ago. On the first day, 20.000.000 million people downloaded an ' INCONSISTENT GUI and a CONFUSING MESS OF GESTURES' ??????
I am not defending neither the French, nor Blackberry,
but your level of stupidity irritates
be modest, not mythomaniac

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Better keyboard, build quality, multitasking, and inbox?

They need to change the name of that site to "crockberry". The delusional canucks over there are desperate to find something to praise even if they have to fabricate it.

Each platform have their pros and cons.

Posted via Android Central App