Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Setting to change S Voice wake up command?

On the S4 there was a way to change the command from "hi galaxy" to something else. Any idea how to do that on the Note 3? Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Setting to change S Voice wake up command?

I would like to know also

posred via my Galaxy Note 3
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by blazin247 View Post
    On the S4 there was a way to change the command from "hi galaxy" to something else. Any idea how to do that on the Note 3? Thanks.

This setting is found in the S Voice program itself. It's found under settings and then Wake Up. Let me know if you cannot find it and I will post further instructions.

Sent from my Note 3
    Thanked by:

Treedabl, please post how because there is no way no change the "Hi Galaxy" wake up command on the Note 3 the way you said. I really want to change it.

You have to go into the actual app. You can do it by double-clicking on the home button or by opening the S Voice app from your list of applications. Once there, you should click on botttom left menu button to bring up the menu that contains the settings. The picture shows what needs to be checked to turn it on. Again, let me know if you need more instruction but this should work.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by treedabl View Post
    You have to go into the actual app. You can do it by double-clicking on the home button or by opening the S Voice app from your list of applications. Once there, you should click on botttom left menu button to bring up the menu that contains the settings. The picture shows what needs to be checked to turn it on. Again, let me know if you need more instruction but this should work.
    This does not appear to be possible on the Verizon version.

Quote Originally Posted by treedabl View Post
    My AT&T version doesn't have it either..... Too bad, would have been fun to amaze my non-smart phone friends with "abracadabra" lol

I have Verizon so I know it works. One thing is that you cannot have your screen locked with anything but swipe to unlock as your security. Otherwise, it won't work. I see the picture I was posting didn't show up either.

Sent from my Note 3

S Voice works, but as the others have said we cannot change the "Hi Galaxy" wake up command to a different wake up phrase like "Hi Barbara". You could do this with the S4, but not the note 3. The other posters have AT&T, Verizon and I have T Mobile. This is a phone problem not carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by david94597 View Post
    S Voice works, but as the others have said we cannot change the "Hi Galaxy" wake up command to a different wake up phrase like "Hi Barbara". You could do this with the S4, but not the note 3. The other posters have AT&T, Verizon and I have T Mobile. This is a phone problem not carrier.
    I think some are refering to changing the wake up commands like open camera, check messages, etc. But we're stuck saying hi galaxy like an *****. I guess Samsung wanted everyone around you to know you were talking to a Samsung device.
    Thanked by 2:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by icnmayhem View Post
    I think some are refering to changing the wake up commands like open camera, check messages, etc. But we're stuck saying hi galaxy like an *****. I guess Samsung wanted everyone around you to know you were talking to a Samsung device.
    The problem is we both have the same phone. "Hi Galaxy" works at a very far distance so we are constantly setting both phones off. Especially in the car.

Exactly, if you can't put a cool name or an ex-girlfriends name in the phone and tell her to make appointments what fun is that?

Quote Originally Posted by david94597 View Post
    Exactly, if you can't put a cool name or an ex-girlfriends name in the phone and tell her to make appointments what fun is that?
    Awww now I really want the feature. This is Genius!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonajoh2 View Post
    What do the people that have it think about it
    I dont think anyone with the note 3 has it . When I had my s4 it was good. My wake up command was Go Go Gadget

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

i went directly into the app and checked all the tabs there is no place to change the wakeup command from HI GALAXY. are there further instructions that we need? thanks for helping out!
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by ddhockey View Post
    i went directly into the app and checked all the tabs there is no place to change the wakeup command from HI GALAXY. are there further instructions that we need? thanks for helping out!
    It is not possible at this time.

I changed it on mine,,EDIT sorry,, I was thinking about my note 2 lol. I forgot I did not do it to this one,, my bad.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.

thanks for clearing this up - it was not major at all but frustrating that i couldn't find it - i hope they add it at some point if it is "addable" in an update -

Global Posts
    533 Global Posts

That's disappointing. What good are voice commands if I can't act like I'm on Star Trek when I talk to my phone?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by Algus View Post
    That's disappointing. What good are voice commands if I can't act like I'm on Star Trek when I talk to my phone?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    AMEN! I wanted to impress folks with a simple "abracadabra"! Phooey!

Unfortunately I found this out as well. But I found that you can use this feature by downloading "Dragon mobile assistant" from the play store until an update comes out. It's definitely not s voice so be warned lol.

With the recent firmware update, you can wake s-voice from pattern-locked screen by saying, hi galaxy. Unfortunately, you have to say hi galaxy again to get command ping. Pre-update if you wanted to make a call it was--hi galaxy, call home, yes. Now it's -- hi galaxy, hi galaxy, call home, hi galaxy, yes. There doesn't seem to be a way to change this.

You would think that we could change the command!

Am I the only one who hates everything about S Voice? They need to make Google Now the default app and allow us to say "Ok Google" when the screen is off!
    HTC Hero > HTC Evo > HTC Evo 3D > Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Thanked by:
    vgergo 
    vgergo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwallyy View Post
    Am I the only one who hates everything about S Voice? They need to make Google Now the default app and allow us to say "Ok Google" when the screen is off!
    You know I actually find it useful although I didn't think I would do so to many complaints. I hated Siri. That stupid thing never got anything right and always froze on me. I use S Voice now for a lot of things. I use it for setting my alarms when my phone is across the room and I forgot. The most useful is for directions while driving. I drive a lot and being able to get directions while the phone is in the cradle is a awesome feature especially since it works so well. I think I'm one of the few who may like it though lol. Google Now is awesome as well.

Rockin my Note 3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast