(q) Does your screen wake up when you receive a text message?

BillJr106

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
My old Note 2, and every other android device I've ever had for that matter, the screen would come on briefly when a text came in and I could look at the notification line and read a preview. This doesn't happen with my Note 3. I'm having other issues such as Wi-Fi never turning off in sleep mode, but I'm looking for something I can show Sprint for an exchange within the 14 day period since the other issues are harder to demonstrate. Thanks!

JoeyyNY

May 10, 2013
Visit site
My old Note 2, and every other android device I've ever had for that matter, the screen would come on briefly when a text came in and I could look at the notification line and read a preview. This doesn't happen with my Note 3. I'm having other issues such as Wi-Fi never turning off in sleep mode, but I'm looking for something I can show Sprint for an exchange within the 14 day period since the other issues are harder to demonstrate. Thanks!
Messages>Settings>Check box that enables Message preview.

Sent from my Sexy Galaxy Note 3

atrain311qes109

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I use light flow app. This has the option of turning your screen on for you when a message, email, alert...etc comes in. Awesome app.

Posted via Android Central App

BillJr106

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Preview message is checked. Does your screen wake up momentarily upon receiving a message? Or is that gone from the Note 3?

atrain311qes109

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Why would you need an app? My Note 2 always flashed the screen on for a message...

I swear I'm not trying to sound like a jerk (it's hard to tell sometimes via the written word) but isn't using apps what android is all about? People beg for a vanilla phone so they can use an app to customize to their specific needs. I agree, I love the whistles that are included in a skin, but if something isn't there, "there's an app for that." And light flow controls so many great notification features, I'd think you'd love it.

BillJr106

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Yea, it's cool I understand an app may fix the problem, but every phone I've had did that stock, so I'm just curious if the Note 3 does it for everyone and my device is malfunctioning, or they removed it making "preview" relatively worthless. I just need something to demonstrate why I can exchange this device for a new one since I'm having other issues and that's the easiest to demonstrate.

BillJr106

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
So can anyone tell me if their device momentarily wakes up when you receive a text? Or is my phone doing the same as everyone else...

stoneyb245

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
So can anyone tell me if their device momentarily wakes up when you receive a text? Or is my phone doing the same as everyone else...

yes, don't like it, have 2 note 3s in the house and both do it, and have tried searching for a fix. . Nothing yet. .

Sent from my SM-N900V using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

KevLar72

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Yea mine wakes up after a text.
I use Floating Notifications and it makes things just that much easier.

BillJr106

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Thank you guys, just wanted to make sure. I can add that to my list of ( minor ) issues that have added up to annoy me. Time to get a replacement...

BillJr106

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Considering the other issues in having (Wi-Fi never turning off, random occasional "massive" battery drain. Weird battery reporting issues.) I'm going to assume they are somehow all related to done overall problem and just get a device that doesn't have the issues. As much as I love the Note series, I've had more problematic phones than working ones. Great device, shoddy testing...

BillJr106

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
So apparently the Sprint variation doesnt "wake up" the screen when receiving a text??!! Can anyone confirm this for me?? Do you have this phone, on Sprint, does your screen come on when you receive a text?

icnmayhem

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So apparently the Sprint variation doesnt "wake up" the screen when receiving a text??!! Can anyone confirm this for me?? Do you have this phone, on Sprint, does your screen come on when you receive a text?

I have sprint, I can confirm, it does not wake up

Trish Walsh

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
My screen doesn't wake up with a text message & I have preview message checked. I'm using Bell. I restarted my phone after I checked it & it still doesn't work. I am someone who wants it to turn on actually, but can't get it to work.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Considering the other issues in having (Wi-Fi never turning off, random occasional "massive" battery drain. Weird battery reporting issues.) I'm going to assume they are somehow all related to done overall problem and just get a device that doesn't have the issues. As much as I love the Note series, I've had more problematic phones than working ones. Great device, shoddy testing...

What do you mean wifi never turning off? You want it off once the phone is locked? Did you ensure to change the setting so it will do that?

Follow the below steps.

Settings > Wifi > Advanced > "Keep Wifi On During Sleep" > Choose your option.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa