Smartswitch not working

academy

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I picked up my new note 3 yesterday but have not been able to get smart switch to work. It just gets stuck at a spinning wheel screen for ages. It finds my iphone back up ok but then seems to hang right before you select what data to switch. Any one else had this?

andyr3ad

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
When I transfered my details from iPhone to my note 3 I used samsung easy sync on my laptop and worked fine for calender. Texts. Contacts. Photos. Although not my notes

Posted via Android Central App

ashley2180

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
May I ask what y'all used to backup your iPhone? ITunes, icloud, or a different program? I'm also having a hard time switching all my stuff from my iPhone but really it's because I don't know the best way to backup TIA!

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Smart Switch is just slow. I thought it crashed on me too when I was trying to move literally thousands of text messages over.. but it eventually happened

Kristian La Greca

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Did it take hours? I have had mine connected for over 2 hours and it hasn't gotten by the messages part. Contacts are ticked but messages are stuck at 100% and calendar/memos say "loading". Overall, 28% progress.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
My understanding of Smart Switch, or whatever it's called, when I opened my Note 3 in December and hoped to migrate stuff from my Galaxy S2, was that it would only work with other Galaxy's on JB above 4.1.2. That's what my S2 was on and didn't make the cut. Neither would a Note 2 I think until very recently.
I can't think it would deign to even acknowledge an iPhone then.

I was a little annoyed at the time.
I also had to upgrade to Kies 3 which would not accept the S2 I still have.
Smart switch virtually pointless then unless you were coming from an S4 or S3, or unless it helps add a Samsung tablet.

Talk about keeping it in the family.
Silly Samsung!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Clay Carroll1

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
How long did this take? I have gone in and only trying to transfer my texts and on the device sending it says complete. On the device receiving says 100% and "saving" but the "done" button and the bottom will not activate?

S4 to s4

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
How long did this take? I have gone in and only trying to transfer my texts and on the device sending it says complete. On the device receiving says 100% and "saving" but the "done" button and the bottom will not activate?

S4 to s4
If you just want to transfer texts, I would recommend one of two sms apps. I use "SMS Backup +" which also puts your text history on a Gmail inbox folder on the full website, and will restore to another device with your account (also call logs).

SMS Backup and Restore is more popular and recommended here on Android Central, but I haven't used it.

2f675d4691f32b27b5c1d5603da79f5c.jpg
8d5f8d0c88ba605d22da4167e995e985.jpg
9fe682d35c4c046e5a2af13cd719fcc5.jpg

annaisaway

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I switched to smart switch from kies3 but it says a problem has been detected. Does not elaborate. I tried to reinstall kies3 and update my schedule but same thing. All I want it to update my schedule from my Samsung 3 to Outlook....does anyone know anything that will work with accuracy?

SamsungS4Fan

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Similar issues of back up hanging. Mine got stuck at 38% many times in a row on galaxy S4 and also my wife's phone.

To fix this, I went into the smartswitch main menu (the screen that appears when you start up smartswitch, clicked on "more" button at the top of that screen, and selected reinstall device driver. After doing that, the next backup was normal, although you do have to allow the time to back up 10GB, 20GB or more if you have a large SD card that is part of the backup.... that does take time.

Once it worked, in my case, it quickly got to 96%, then was on 96% for 20-30 min while saying "backing up messages" and the whole thing took about 45-50 min-- then finally completed (for about 20GB overall between phone and card). If your harddrive is churning away, even if the bar is not moving (but you see the pulse from left to right inside the bar), its probably working on the backup.

FYI, I had also removed all Verizon Backup Assistance programs on my computer and when I start the backup program, I have to click cancel on pop ups for Verizon Backup assistant asking if I want to download the program (don't!). Just click cancel and cancel and your smartstart program will reconnect with the phone and do its thing. You don't need the Verizon software.

Last edited:

Wayne2049

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
May I ask what y'all used to backup your iPhone? ITunes, icloud, or a different program? I'm also having a hard time switching all my stuff from my iPhone but really it's because I don't know the best way to backup TIA!

Did you read the forum name? Why are you asking an IPhone question here?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad