Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree182Likes

Default Re: Does anyone else think the camera sucks?

I
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeInCT View Post
    This is what leads me to believe that some of these posts may not be legit. Clearly, the Note 3 camera is substandard. Perhaps if these users are coming from a much older phone, they might think the 3 is Ok. But as an ex Note 2 user, it is clear the Note 3 camera is substandard. I was embarrassed to have to use my friend's S3 to take a pic because my Note 3 couldn't take a simple indoor photo at a dinner table.

Let's face it, the Note 3 camera sucks.
    Instead of repeating yourself over an over like a child,, suck suck suck suck,, why don't you post some of your suck pictures. Because so far all the pictures I see being posted are GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD PICTURES.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.

Coming from a Lumia 1020 I will say that the camera on the note 3 flat out sucks.

In all honesty it's very average. Saying it sucks probably isn't justified but it depends what you're comparing it to.
    Last edited by GloriousGlory; 11-03-2013 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    It's funny because in many of these camera threads the people who are saying the camera is good are posting beaitiful pictures but the people who are saying it's bad are posting no pictures. People are not just posting positive opinions, they are backing it with the actual pictures.

That's not true. You suffer from selective reading.

Also, the sky is blue.

sent from my Note 3
    Note 3
    Note 8.0
    Nexus 10

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZarathustraHead View Post
    That's not true. You suffer from selective reading.

Also, the sky is blue.

sent from my Note 3
    Yes.... The stool picture definitely enlightened us all.

Posted via Android Central App
    g1 / Galaxy S / Thunderbolt / Bionic / Rezound / Razr Maxx / Galaxy Nexus (only 4 hours)/ S3 / Note 2 / S4 / Note 3 sweetness

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

I agree. Coming from even an iPhone 5 or Galaxy S4 the phone is inferior. In all an average camera on a great phone. Logically you would think it would be better than the s4 but the lack of ois seems to make a huge a huge difference because the lowlight and camera is general don't produce well defined pics

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jrasero23 View Post
    I agree. Coming from even an iPhone 5 or Galaxy S4 the phone is inferior. In all an average camera on a great phone. Logically you would think it would be better than the s4 but the lack of ois seems to make a huge a huge difference because the lowlight and camera is general don't produce well defined pics

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app
    The S4 and iPhone 5 do not have OIS. The pictures I have seen posted seem very well defined. I really think there is a bad batch of units or 5 or 6 people are having fun bating the forums.
    g1 / Galaxy S / Thunderbolt / Bionic / Rezound / Razr Maxx / Galaxy Nexus (only 4 hours)/ S3 / Note 2 / S4 / Note 3 sweetness

Went out last night with a friend. I have the Note 3 and she has the S3. Tried to take a pic of her over dinner and the Note 3 was so poor, had to use her camera phone and have her email the pic to me. Without question, the Note 3's camera is substandard. I'm going back to my Note 2.

The Note 3 camera is so poor, I can't help but wonder if some of the positive opinions on here are legitimate.
    Man I am not trying to be negative but absolutely agree with you. I came back to this thread to see if someone found a breakthrough solution or knew of an upcoming software update.. wishful thinking? I have had every major phone, and I mean every one of them up until a few months ago when I stopped selling them. My selling was a good excuse for me to try the latest and greatest and get back my money or make a profit. Anyway, among the last four Samsung phones I have had, the Note 3 has the worst camera, and its not even close. Last four : S2, Note 1, S3, Note 2- woops had an S4 too for 2 weeks- went back to my Note 2 for bigger screen and stylus - better to track my little business I had going on. Daylight pics are fine in adequate lighting (nothing spectacular) but do not try to take anything indoor or with low light- even overcast sky. The pics just don't come out good and the flash makes it even worse...kind of a wierd effect like the camera just cant focus- like someone produced the image with a paint brush. While all of this back and forth is going on between differing opinions, I have my fingers cross for a fix. I can't fathom how someone with a Note 2, Iphone 5, even an S3 or S2 can possibly say that this camera is as good as any of those. I went out to a popular restaurant recently and couldn't keep one single pic of 10 that I took inside. I couldn't even recognize some of the faces in pics with goo lighting but a bad shadow. I know I am using auto but that's all I ever used on the other phones and they were perfect - in the end everything is relative. Just don't have time to be switching settings back and forth for changing scenes and scenarios; kind of defeat the purpose of grab, point, and shoot.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    Here's a couple in medium light. No complaints from me....

from a Note 3
    Those might be some of the best I have seen posted on here. That especially includes among those in the pics forum.

BTW, the phone is an absolute beast in everything else. Love the look, screen, speed - absolutely the best device available bar non. I just feel the camera should have been much better but that remains to be seen..

Quote Originally Posted by aquaholik View Post
    How is the flash picture? Here's a few taken with a Note 2:

Note 3 camera proponents, please answer the question by the poster of these pics. This looks just like the pics I took at night with my Note 2. I took a lot of pics to post online, to sell my phones, and I had to take most of them at night in pitch darkness. The pics were exceptional, clear and full of detail, simply amazing for a camera phone. I get far inferior results trying to do the same thing with Note 3. I stopped selling phones about a month back but I took similar pics with the Note 3 as a controlled basis of comparison and was very disappointed with the results.

just took this as it is getting dark out. Beautiful picture

That's a beautiful pic.
    Thanked by:
    zmann 

Global Posts
    744 Global Posts

Default Does anyone else think the camera sucks?

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Does anyone else think the camera sucks?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1383599035.201590.jpg
    I was just in Verizon having them look at my Note 3 and I started snapping pics while there to show them why I was upset. They refused to swap out my note 3 because they said the pictures are representative of what I should expect of the device. Anyways, I went back and loaded the pictures on my computer and did a side-by-side to show you what I am seeing. The left was taken by the note 3. And the right was taken by my iPhone 5s. Both pictures are zoomed to 50% to give a better idea of what I have been seeing time and time again.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by finn5975 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383599035.201590.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	90117
    I was just in Verizon having them look at my Note 3 and I started snapping pics while there to show them why I was upset. They refused to swap out my note 3 because they said the pictures are representative of what I should expect of the device. Anyways, I went back and loaded the pictures on my computer and did a side-by-side to show you what I am seeing. The left was taken by the note 3. And the right was taken by my iPhone 5s. Both pictures are zoomed to 50% to give a better idea of what I have been seeing time and time again.
    These pictures are clearly not at the same distance. The left is much closer. In any case something is wrong with that phone,, I have not taken one picture that looks anything like that

love my evo.

That is the device they should change it for you!!! My pictures never came out looking blurry like that at all. It looks like your phone is not focusing.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Does anyone else think the camera sucks?-note3-fall.jpg

Global Posts
    744 Global Posts

These pictures are clearly not at the same distance. The left is much closer. In any case something is wrong with that phone,, I have not taken one picture that looks anything like that

They were taken side by side. By default the Note 3, S4 etc appear closer whereas the 5/5S captured a wider view.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post
    That is the device they should change it for you!!! My pictures never came out looking blurry like that at all. It looks like your phone is not focusing.

Name:	Note3 fall.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	603.7 KB 
ID:	90120
    +1 on that. Something is wrong with your phone. I don't have the blurry picture issue either. I agree, it looks like the auto focus is not working correctly.

If the store you went to does not exchange the phone for you either try another store or call VZ and escalate it to a supervisor.

Good luck!

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    CR6 likes this.

The left looks like it's not focused correctly, not sure how you can compare one that's focused vs one that's not focused. Have you cleaned the lens on the N3? Is the lens covered with some protective coating/case? If my Note 3 took pictures like this then I can see why you think the N3's camera is that inferior. Check the lens on the phone and make sure there's not any foreign object preventing the phone from focusing correctly.

I won't say mine are the best... Because they aren't.. But they are focused (or so I think).... The 2 below that are outside are from just now... The others are from other days.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Does anyone else think the camera sucks?-1383605235086.jpg   Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Does anyone else think the camera sucks?-1383605263333.jpg   Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Does anyone else think the camera sucks?-1383605280622.jpg   Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Does anyone else think the camera sucks?-1383605298532.jpg   Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Does anyone else think the camera sucks?-1383605309885.jpg  

I haven't read thru this whole thread so I apologize if I'm stating the obvious but has everyone peeled off the plastic covering the camera lense? Someone had a problem with picture quality and this was the problem. Its hard to see and easy to miss.

I have used the HTC One, One X, Galaxy 2, Note 2 etc. and this camera is the best I've used. The One does very well in certain circumstances but if you're having major issues then something is wrong. This phone has a very good camera and most reviews have stated that as well.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by AustinSlater25 View Post
    I haven't read thru this whole thread so I apologize if I'm stating the obvious but has everyone peeled off the plastic covering the camera lense? Someone had a problem with picture quality and this was the problem. Its hard to see and easy to miss.

I have used the HTC One, One X, Galaxy 2, Note 2 etc. and this camera is the best I've used. The One does very well in certain circumstances but if you're having major issues then something is wrong. This phone has a very good camera and most reviews have stated that as well.

If we don't hear from them again, I'm going to guess that your assessment was correct. At least I know I wouldn't post in here again if that's why my phone was taking horrible pictures....

Quote Originally Posted by linzgeneral View Post
    Man I am not trying to be negative but absolutely agree with you. I came back to this thread to see if someone found a breakthrough solution or knew of an upcoming software update.. wishful thinking? I have had every major phone, and I mean every one of them up until a few months ago when I stopped selling them. My selling was a good excuse for me to try the latest and greatest and get back my money or make a profit. Anyway, among the last four Samsung phones I have had, the Note 3 has the worst camera, and its not even close. Last four : S2, Note 1, S3, Note 2- woops had an S4 too for 2 weeks- went back to my Note 2 for bigger screen and stylus - better to track my little business I had going on. Daylight pics are fine in adequate lighting (nothing spectacular) but do not try to take anything indoor or with low light- even overcast sky. The pics just don't come out good and the flash makes it even worse...kind of a wierd effect like the camera just cant focus- like someone produced the image with a paint brush. While all of this back and forth is going on between differing opinions, I have my fingers cross for a fix. I can't fathom how someone with a Note 2, Iphone 5, even an S3 or S2 can possibly say that this camera is as good as any of those. I went out to a popular restaurant recently and couldn't keep one single pic of 10 that I took inside. I couldn't even recognize some of the faces in pics with goo lighting but a bad shadow. I know I am using auto but that's all I ever used on the other phones and they were perfect - in the end everything is relative. Just don't have time to be switching settings back and forth for changing scenes and scenarios; kind of defeat the purpose of grab, point, and shoot.
    My experience EXACTLY. This is why I believe some of the glowing reviews on here are not legit. Something fishy about the enthusiastically positive reviews and rabid defenders here. The camera is bad. Really bad.

My experience EXACTLY. This is why I believe some of the glowing reviews on here are not legit. Something fishy about the enthusiastically positive reviews and rabid defenders here. The camera is bad. Really bad.
    How is your negative experience more legitimate than that of all the many positive experiences that people have had? Then you have the nerve to question people's integrity on top of it, even though many have posted pictures to support what they were saying. Just ridiculous!

Sent from my Note 3
    Preach2k likes this.

This looks like it was taken in auto mode. There is a problem with the Note 3 software in auto. Sometimes it thinks it has enough light to turn off stabilization when it shouldn't. That's when the photos come out like this. Your phone is not defective. I'm on my third Note 3. They all do this.

In medium light, try shooting in HDR mode. You'll get better results.

sent from my Note 3
    Note 3
    Note 8.0
    Nexus 10

I am trying to understand what you are saying because you got a phone with a messed up camera and I did not that makes me defending that I do not have the problems you are having makes me fishy? My thing is that you guys must love bad cameras on your Gnote3 not to get rid of it by now. If I had the problems you guys claim to have. I would have been returned the phone and got another phone. Not hold on hoping for it to change. When my Gnex started messing up I could not wait to get rid of it. I think it is kind of insane to hold on to something I am so unhappy with.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post
    So if you are correct then why I am not having the smae problem. We would all be complaining if what you are saying is true.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app
    Once again, if you claim that the Note 3 takes bad pics and even post supporting examples, you will be called a liar by the Note 3 cheerleaders.

Sorry for contributing. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings and make you come unhinged over the capabilities of a smartphone.

sent from my Note 3
    Note 3
    Note 8.0
    Nexus 10
Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 ... LastLast