Page 1 of 33 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 821
Like Tree182Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Does anyone else think the camera sucks?

    I don't know if I'm using the camera wrong or if my phone is a lemon or what. But I am not happy with the camera quality of the Note 3. It just seems like every picture I take is really grainy and almost as if it has a filter applied to it to make it look like brushstrokes. It doesn't seem like 13mp at all, it acts more like it's a low quality front facing camera.

    For instance, these photos of my cat have this filtered blurry effect. I took these with the auto mode.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Does anyone else think the camera sucks?-cat1.jpg
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Does anyone else think the camera sucks?-cat3.jpg

    When I turned on the flash the photo turned out a little better, although I'd rather have a crisp photo like this without the flash on.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Does anyone else think the camera sucks?-cat2.jpg

    So what's the deal, is this camera just bad with indoor lighting? I'm holding it extremely steading when taking photos, so the quality can't be due to that.
    Thanked by 2:
    look-fast and adismith13 like this.
  2. #2  
    GtoJon's Avatar

    Posts
    329 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Note 2

    Default Re: Does anyone else think the camera sucks?

    As a Photographer, I can tell you this 13mp camera does suck! As a consumer with a cell phone for a camera, this camera rocks It will not look like a DSLR ... not ever. When I compare this to my Note 2, it is better! When I compare it to a 10 year old 6mp DSLR, the Note 3 camera sucks! I can't lie, I did buy this phone for the camera .... I do wish it was a lot better, but for the size of sensor, lens & convenience .... I'm not going to complain at this time!

    Cheers, Jon
    Have Note 2 & ordered Verizon 32gb/64gb Note 3 in white
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Does anyone else think the camera sucks?

    I love the camera but I'm also coming from a Motorola Razor Maxx.

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Does anyone else think the camera sucks?

    I like it better than my Evo 4G lte camera.

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Does anyone else think the camera sucks?

    I just don't get it because I had the iphone 4s before, which has a much lower megapixel camera than the Note 3 camera. Yet the iphone 4s seemed to take better pictures indoors.
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Does anyone else think the camera sucks?

    Quote Originally Posted by GtoJon View Post
    As a Photographer, I can tell you this 13mp camera does suck! As a consumer with a cell phone for a camera, this camera rocks It will not look like a DSLR ... not ever. When I compare this to my Note 2, it is better! When I compare it to a 10 year old 6mp DSLR, the Note 3 camera sucks! I can't lie, I did buy this phone for the camera .... I do wish it was a lot better, but for the size of sensor, lens & convenience .... I'm not going to complain at this time!

    Cheers, Jon
    Absolutely agree
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Does anyone else think the camera sucks?

    I sent from an iphone 4 to a note 3. One of the reason I change my phone, is that I wanted a better camera. It's not terrible but it could be a lot better

    Here is a picture I took other it.






    Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk HD
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Does anyone else think the camera sucks?

    My iPhone 5 took better pictures. I guess this phone can't be the best at EVERYTHING.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Patiently waiting for a Note 3, my first android device.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Does anyone else think the camera sucks?

    Cell phone cameras aren't meant to replace expensive real cameras.
    Thanked by 4:
    pauldroidr2d2 and Amir like this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Does anyone else think the camera sucks?

    You have to remember that it is a phone camera not a high end professional or prosumer camera. I recently bought a Nikon D600 for $3000 USD. That is a decent camera. A good lens for it runs a bit more than the Note 3 off contract. Even so, good lighting, proper focus, composition, etc. will have a huge effect on the picture you get. I haven't made the leap to the Note 3 yet so I can't comment on the quality of the pictures it takes but it has a tiny lens a very small sensor, both of which put certain limits on the quality of the pictures it can produce. 13 Mp is fine, but each of those pixels is very small. Try viewing you photos using editing software at full magnification to see the actual quality of the image.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Does anyone else think the camera sucks?



    What more would you want from a phone? Especially considering this isn't a camera phone nor does it try to sell it as so such as the iPhone.

    But look for wifi camera accessories if you want professional images.

    Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    engine12c and karsdroid like this.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Does anyone else think the camera sucks?

    I was concerned too at first, but I learned... Lighting is everything. Even when I thought I had enough light, I didn't. I took some outside pics that rival pro cameras. However, my inside pics aren't great but better than most phones. Like someone else said, the phone can't be best at everything lol

    Tappety tap tapping on a VZW Note3
    Thanked by:
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Does anyone else think the camera sucks?

    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessFrenchFry View Post
    I was concerned too at first, but I learned... Lighting is everything. Even when I thought I had enough light, I didn't. I took some outside pics that rival pro cameras. However, my inside pics aren't great but better than most phones. Like someone else said, the phone can't be best at everything lol

    Tappety tap tapping on a VZW Note3
    And to be honest this is a problem with all camera phones. No one has perfected a good enough sensor to take pictures on low light and keep the price down. Samsung is releasing a new sensor next year though. Supposed to prefect that low light problem.

    Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Does anyone else think the camera sucks?

    It's a good camera, but people's lack of photographic composition sucks. I've been in photography since I was young with a film SLR. We're still a ways off from having big enough sensors and software in our phones before they will take a photo comparable to RX100 quality. If you expect more, you might as well be asking for 3D holographic image projection. There is a reason compact cameras still have a place. Cell phones will take a decent picture, but will not be a replacement for a good advanced point and shoot, and for sure not a DSLR.
    Sprint: HTC Touch, HTC Hero, HTC Evo 3D, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
    Samsung Series 3 Chromebook
    2013 Nexus 7
    Thanked by:
    engine12c and karsdroid like this.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Does anyone else think the camera sucks?

    Quote Originally Posted by amariem View Post
    I just don't get it because I had the iphone 4s before, which has a much lower megapixel camera than the Note 3 camera. Yet the iphone 4s seemed to take better pictures indoors.
    You simply can't compare smartphone cameras by the amount of megapixels. There are too many other factors at play here. Also, indoor lighting will always be an issue, so it's usually best to use your flash.

    tap'n
  16. #16  
    GtoJon's Avatar

    Posts
    329 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Note 2

    Default Re: Does anyone else think the camera sucks?

    As a Photographer, when ever I get a new body or lens, it takes practice with everyone of them to get the most out of my purchase! I also RTM at least 3 times to get the most out of what I can & can't do with the camera! This allows me to learn my limitations & my cameras' limitations!

    Keep Practicing, Cheers, Jon
    Have Note 2 & ordered Verizon 32gb/64gb Note 3 in white
    Thanked by:
    karsdroid and boudicca00 like this.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Does anyone else think the camera sucks?

    Also to add this MP situation is a joke. 13 MP doesn't mean better images. It means bigger images.

    Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Does anyone else think the camera sucks?

    Taken with iPhone 5






    Taken with Galaxy Note 3.



    Taken with iPhone 5





    Taken with Note 3





    conclusion...iPhone 5 photos look more real. Note 3 photos are over exposed.
    Last edited by iPhone 5_to_GS4; 10-13-2013 at 10:35 PM.
    Thanked by 2:
    look-fast likes this.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Does anyone else think the camera sucks?

    I have been taking pictures on sport for the faster reaction. It seemed to such at first. But it's improved the more I shoot with it.

    Posted via Android Central App
  20. #20  
    benski's Avatar

    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

    Default Re: Does anyone else think the camera sucks?

    Compared to the S4, the low light stuff is not nearly as good.

    Of course I'm used to the low light performance of my trusty D700
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Does anyone else think the camera sucks?

    Quote Originally Posted by GtoJon View Post
    As a Photographer, I can tell you this 13mp camera does suck! As a consumer with a cell phone for a camera, this camera rocks It will not look like a DSLR ... not ever. When I compare this to my Note 2, it is better! When I compare it to a 10 year old 6mp DSLR, the Note 3 camera sucks! I can't lie, I did buy this phone for the camera .... I do wish it was a lot better, but for the size of sensor, lens & convenience .... I'm not going to complain at this time!

    Cheers, Jon
    Did you try to change the settings in the camera app back to 13mp? If you did then I guess everyone's disappointed in the camera

    Posted via Android Central App
  22. #22  
    GtoJon's Avatar

    Posts
    329 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Note 2

    Default Re: Does anyone else think the camera sucks?

    I did have it set to 13 .... I don't get your 2nd sentence! How does that make everyone disappointed? I don't think your reading everything here!

    Cheers, Jon
    Quote Originally Posted by FanOfAnything View Post
    Did you try to change the settings in the camera app back to 13mp? If you did then I guess everyone's disappointed in the camera

    Posted via Android Central App
    Have Note 2 & ordered Verizon 32gb/64gb Note 3 in white
  23. #23  
    nooaah's Avatar

    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

    Default Re: Does anyone else think the camera sucks?

    It's inferior compared to the iPhone or Lumia but it's still decent
    wayne106 likes this.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Does anyone else think the camera sucks?

    Quote Originally Posted by iPhone 5_to_GS4 View Post
    Taken with iPhone 5






    Taken with Galaxy Note 3.



    Taken with iPhone 5





    Taken with Note 3





    conclusion...iPhone 5 photos look more real. Note 3 photos are over exposed.
    wow, i guess eye of the beholder because i personally think the note 3 photos are crisper.....the bottom of the first iphone pic is a bit fuzzy....and you can more clearly see the blades on the knife in the note 3 pic of the second pic....mission accomplished i'm convinced the note 3 pics are better....

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesish View Post


    What more would you want from a phone? Especially considering this isn't a camera phone nor does it try to sell it as so such as the iPhone.

    But look for wifi camera accessories if you want professional images.

    Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    wow....that's beautiful....
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Does anyone else think the camera sucks?

    Quote Originally Posted by GtoJon View Post
    As a Photographer, when ever I get a new body or lens, it takes practice with everyone of them to get the most out of my purchase! I also RTM at least 3 times to get the most out of what I can & can't do with the camera! This allows me to learn my limitations & my cameras' limitations!

    Keep Practicing, Cheers, Jon
    i agree....takes time to learn a new piece of equipment. i was playing with the exposure settings for indoor shots and getting better results....at the end of the day it does a decent job in a pinch.
Page 1 of 33 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Does your phone play second fiddle to your Nexus 7 LTE?
    By diesteldorf in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-09-2013, 12:37 PM
  2. Samsung Galaxy S4 - How to update phone number
    By Edible Walrus in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-01-2013, 05:49 AM
  3. Anyone use a SIM adapter with their Nexus 7 LTE?
    By diesteldorf in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-30-2013, 08:37 PM
  4. Samsung Galaxy S4 - Custom Vibration Pattern?
    By komobu in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-30-2013, 10:40 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-30-2013, 09:35 AM

Posting Permissions

B