Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3 Random Notification Sounds?

Has anyone noticed this? I get a sound and when I check my notifications there is nothing there! And sometimes it will chime 3 or 4 times in a row with nothing on the notification. Is there a way to fix this?😟

Global Posts
    5,131 Global Posts

Default Re: Note 3 Random Notification Sounds?

Mine was doing the same thing and I thought I was going crazy, mine is attached the my Gear and the phone would give off a notification sound, but my watch would do nothing... So i would look and nothing was there... anyways long story short I did a factory reset and it went away.

the first few days I had the Note, it was doing that too. I'd get the notification sound but nothing in the notifications, it drove me nuts. I finally traced it to something.... I think it was a newswatcher or something and it was auto set to sound an alarm whenever there was a new entry. Sorry I can't tell you the name of it, I couldn't figure out how to un-set the alarm so I just uninstalled the whole annoying thing. Anyway, it's probably not the same app, but maybe the same circumstance? Anything new that might be triggering it?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by J HighNote View Post
    the first few days I had the Note, it was doing that too. I'd get the notification sound but nothing in the notifications, it drove me nuts. I finally traced it to something.... I think it was a newswatcher or something and it was auto set to sound an alarm whenever there was a new entry. Sorry I can't tell you the name of it, I couldn't figure out how to un-set the alarm so I just uninstalled the whole annoying thing. Anyway, it's probably not the same app, but maybe the same circumstance? Anything new that might be triggering it?
    Thanks! Let me start searching my phone!!

Quote Originally Posted by timetopaythefiddler View Post
    Has anyone noticed this? I get a sound and when I check my notifications there is nothing there! And sometimes it will chime 3 or 4 times in a row with nothing on the notification. Is there a way to fix this?��
    i'm finding that this happens when i get an email in my gmail "promotions" tab or "social" tab. since they aren't my main inbox they don't show up in the notification panel .....it is a tad irritating....
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by karsdroid View Post
    i'm finding that this happens when i get an email in my gmail "promotions" tab or "social" tab. since they aren't my main inbox they don't show up in the notification panel .....it is a tad irritating....
    I know. Grrrrrrr 👺
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Ok...so I just made an observation while my phone was chiming its life away. The AT&T thats on the top left of the notifications kept appearing and disappearing. Wth? Why is it doing this? Everytime it appeared and disappeared it was chiming. SMH.
    Last edited by timetopaythefiddler; 10-15-2013 at 05:32 PM.

Ok...so I just made an observation while my phone was chiming its life away. The AT&T thats on the top left of the notifications kept appearing and disappearing. Wth? Why is it doing this? Everytime it appeared and disappeared it was chiming. SMH.
    Is it doing it when it might be trying to go back and forth between two wi-fi's? I can remember mine doing that and just looked at my settings. I turned off the network notification setting that says when an available wifi is present. At home I have a range extender and it split up my house wifi and there was a lag when it was trying to figure out which one of the maximum strength signals to use. Now I just keep it on one and it's fine.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Im not sure, thats a good question! Im on wifi now and its been doing it for a while. I need to pay attention to that.

In the messaging app, go to settings, go to other, it states that there will be one reminder. You are unable to change it to zero/none. I thought maybe that's doing it. I going nuts about it too.

Posted via Android Central App
    Palm Treo 600/650/700P/Centro/Blackberry Curve 8330/Tour 9630/Bold 9650/HTC EVO 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SII Touch 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SIII Touch LTE!!!

alright guys this is happening to me also and i hate it but i work in a job where i hook up my phone and it sits next to me all day, so when it was giving the notifications its always been plugged in and i think its a bug because i see that it disconnects form charging then starts back up a second later so the notification is the charger connecting again, not sure if this problem is when your charging your phone but if it is then thats it......i know its not just mine because my GF note 3 does the same thing. hope this helped
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by society187 View Post
    alright guys this is happening to me also and i hate it but i work in a job where i hook up my phone and it sits next to me all day, so when it was giving the notifications its always been plugged in and i think its a bug because i see that it disconnects form charging then starts back up a second later so the notification is the charger connecting again, not sure if this problem is when your charging your phone but if it is then thats it......i know its not just mine because my GF note 3 does the same thing. hope this helped
    Actually when I noticed it today the AT&T letters on the top left in the notifications disappeared. Im stumped as to whats going on? No problems when charging it. Wait. I think it has done it while charging too. 😢 Make it stop!! 🙉

Actually when I noticed it today the AT&T letters on the top left in the notifications disappeared. Im stumped as to whats going on? No problems when charging it. Wait. I think it has done it while charging too. �� Make it stop!! ��
    same here at&t user also and the letters do go away idk why but mine is while charging and it happens 10 times more often when its plugged in to a usb 2.0 (galaxy s4) charger sucks i know, i have no clue what to do

mine is doing this as well. cant figure out where its coming from

For me it was an app using to many resources for my monitoring apps, Lookout, Watchdog or Clean Master. I Have it under control for the most part. Not completely but almost.
    Last edited by kway_NY; 11-27-2013 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Spelling

For me it would be my email. Unless you're standing next to your phone you won't know it was the email notification going off.

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

I have a random nfc alarm gping off. It can be fine for hours then just start making that sound. I turn off nfc and the alarm sound stops. I use nfc so this sucks. I have done 2 factory resets. I am going to verizon fri to see if they will exchange it under warranty.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

I have the same problem. Had the phone for 2 days now. I think it's the battery discharging. Each time it goes down one percent. U get a notification sound. Been trying to figure out how to change that for the longest now.

My Note 3 is doing the same **** ... tried everything never helps. did you find out anything about it?

Figured out the fix for my phone at least hope this helps. The Facebook app notifies you when your friends are in the area and some other notifications I turned it off and has seemed to stop the Phantom alert tones.
    - Open the Facebook app
    - Press the options key at the bottom left of your phone ( galaxy phones )
    -settings
    - Un check the boxes of your preference such as "nearby friends"

Hope this helps

Google Now was the culprit for me. The same ticket stays in the notification bar, but would ding whenever a new card was added.

My Verizon Galaxy S4 started doing the same thing last month. It's extremely random...maybe twice a day, sometimes 4-5 times within 10 seconds! I went to Application Manager and unchecked the Notification box in every downloaded app...it still happened. Verizon store told me to contact Verizon support; I did and was escalated to 2nd tier. Everyone claims no knowledge of this, yet it's all over the internet. Finally, one tech contacts Samsung and finds that they are aware of some S4's and Note 3's with this problem. I'm told it's a corrupt Android OS and resetting to factory default only re-installs the corrupt OS. I need to go to the Samsung desk at a Best Buy where they can "scrub" my phone and install a new OS or I can get a new (refurb) replacement with a new OS. I got a new replacement, reinstalled all my apps, unchecked all notifications and IT STILL HAPPENS!!!

I installed an app called "Notification History" which gives a log of all notifications I've received. The strange thing is that these "phantom" notifications never display the flashing blue LED like I got a text , IM or message. Nothing ever appears in the Notification Bar and the Notification History app doesn't show any notification that caused the sound to go off. I'm getting really irritated by this going off in the middle of the night, in the middle of phone calls and during meetings!

Default S4 Random Notification Sounds?

I have got a Galaxy S4 and everything you are suffering with your device I am suffering with mine!! sorry that you were a guinea pig in getting your phone wiped exchanged etc but kinda glad that you did that and not me...what a pain!! and still the same, oh it all feels kinda hopeless doesn't it. Loved my S4 until this crap started. I have a sick mother and a pregnant wife and I cannot stand the heart attacks anymore with constant notifications from this stupid fault. God please let someone find a fix for this soon.

Gotta comment on the fact that soooo many people are suffering this bull**** issue and on many different devices from Samsung and yet nobody at Samsung gives an absolute toss about it, they simply do not care one iota. Customer service will soon go the way of the Dodo and will simply not exist in the near future....you bought it it's your problem now. My next phone will be one of those mobile phones that makes phone calls sends texts, has a calculator and has huge old people buttons to press!!!

I had the same problem, I think I fix it by turning off the nfc alert, it never happen again
    hope this help

Try going into Device settings and enabling blocking mode. Block all notifications and see what happens. You could also set blocking mode for sleep time so if it does actually work, you wont be as frustrated.

On the subject of notification sounds. How do I disable notifications from interrupting my music while playing over BT in my car?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast