| || |
Re: Question for those coming from iPhone
Welcome to Android Central! I suspect that when the shop transferred your contacts, they got deposited into the "Phone Account" of your Note 3. This account will not sync with a Google account, although it can usually be made to sync with other desktop software like Microsoft Outlook using 3rd party software, typically provided by the phone manufacturer or the wireless company. It's not an efficient way of syncing your contacts, and sometimes the companies will even charge you for the service. You can tell which account the contacts are in by selecting any of the contacts in your People or Contacts app (the name may vary depending on the phone), tapping Menu and then Edit, and seeing which account is displayed at the top of the screen.
Originally Posted by zigzagler
If they're all Phone Contacts, and if you want to get them sync'ed with your Google account, then do the following general steps. Unfortunately, I can't give you exact steps, because I don't have a Note 3, and the menus may be a little different from my Nexus 7 and Razr Maxx, which are stock Android or close to it:
1. On the main screen of the People/Contacts app, tap the menu button and see if there is a way to display only your Phone Contacts.
2. Tap the menu button again and look for "Export Contacts."
3. Choose the option to export contacts to storage (not to SIM) as a .CSV file.
4. Once it has been exported, you can see if it is possible to immediately import that .CSV file back into your People/Contacts app, but specifying to import it into your Google Account.
5. If you can't do that, then use a file manager app to locate the .CSV file and upload it to Google Drive. Once in Google Drive, you could then download it to your desktop/laptop.
6. On your desktop/laptop, open Gmail in your browser, click on the Gmail dropdown in the upper left, and click Contacts.
7. Click on the More button, and then Import, then select the .CSV file you just transferred to your computer.
8. If the import was successful, all of your contacts should now be in your Google account, and should automatically sync to your phone.
I hope that wasn't too confusing.