Video playback stutters on note 3

hellow0rld#AC

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I've seen someone mentioning the same problem. Is my note 3 a lemon? Video playback is lagging worst than the snapdragon 600. Current on the att version note 3.

Posted via Android Central App

crxx

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
All of a sudden I have started having the same problem. ..not sure of why. If I click play on a video on Facebook or any video in any other app it's hesitant and I have to press play a few times....If it even decides to play. Frustrating

Da NOTE 3!

witelite

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Do you have the eye tracking on?
I had this problem until I turned it off,
In low light it Kept loosing my eyes and picking them up again

in app - Note3

hawkeye680

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
- - - Updated - - -

Do you have the eye tracking on?
I had this problem until I turned it off,
In low light it Kept loosing my eyes and picking them up again

in app - Note3

This. I turned it off and the stuttering stopped. It's a good idea, but maybe stability is a few software revs away.

opnr2000

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
mine has stated to stutter every 5-6 sec during video play back. It doesnt matter if the source is youtube/local/network they all stutter slighty every 5-6 seconds. Has anyone found a fix for this? I even factory reset my note 3 ATT and the stutter is still there.

opnr2000

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
update: i think i may have found a fix to the video stuttering problem. In developer options you have to enable the setting "FORCE GPU RENDERING". Once you have done that everything is buttery smooth. i tested videos from sources such as Youtube (using original stock app, no updates), PLEX via LTE and network. And large mkv local files 720p and 1080p with MX player free. Everything seems good so far.

to the people that have issues try it out and report back!

Good luck all.

hellow0rld

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
update: i think i may have found a fix to the video stuttering problem. In developer options you have to enable the setting "FORCE GPU RENDERING". Once you have done that everything is buttery smooth. i tested videos from sources such as Youtube (using original stock app, no updates), PLEX via LTE and network. And large mkv local files 720p and 1080p with MX player free. Everything seems good so far.

to the people that have issues try it out and report back!

Good luck all.

thank you!!! this works

Chris B UK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,
I'm having a similar problem with my new note 3 which is a little annoying!
Video stored on the phone seems to work fine, but if I'm streaming then it stutters every few seconds. It's not the data connection as even if I let it download it all before I play it, I still get the problem. I wasn't sure if it was a problem with the videos embedded in the stock browser so I've tried Chrome as well but with the same issue.

So far I've tried the suggestions in this thread and also tried MX Player instead of the stock app but with no luck.

I've also noticed a slight 'jerkyness' even when navigating through my app list or between home screens. It's like it doesn't register the first 5mm of my finger (or s-pen) movement and then jumps to catch up. It's nothing major, but I was expecting it to glide nicely! I've upgraded from an HTC OneX and I didn't have these issues on that using the same wifi etc.

Any advice would be appreciated!

randpost

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Stock kernel? I haven't used the stock kernel much. I haven't had any trouble with lean kernel or faux kernel with any type of video streaming. 1080 or otherwise.

00Jeff

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi, can you or anyone else please tell me where to find the developer options you mentioned Even my short little one minute videos I took are impossible to watch.
Thanks

NHS2008

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Go to Settings/About phone..
click on the Build Information panel several times until a pop-up comes stating that you are a Developer or something.
Go back out, now there should be a new option above the About phone called 'Developer Options'.:-!

PrinceEpyon

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
New to android. But this sounds like it's forcing the graphics chip to run full speed at all times.
Correct me if I'm wrong haha

Would this impact battery life?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

PrinceEpyon

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I have now tried this setting and youtube still has moments with hd video where it skips a couple of frames to catch up.
Very hard to watch with fast paced music video etc.
This is after 2 youtube updates in the play store and trying this "force gpu" setting.
Any other ideas?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
New to android. But this sounds like it's forcing the graphics chip to run full speed at all times.
Correct me if I'm wrong haha

Would this impact battery life?

I think that sounds right and can't be a good long term solution.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

PrinceEpyon

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Bump!!

Just saying I can't believe I have had 3 (I think) youtube updates since my last post and this is still an issue!!

Anyone else still have this issue?