Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Default Galaxy Note 3 - Phone Shutting off

So i have a problem with my Note 3. When I pull the phone out of my pocket it is turned off. I don't know if the power button is being held down on my pocket or what is going on. I do not think that it is a phone issue because it doesn't shut off when it is not in my pocket. Does anyone know of a setting or possible fix for my issue?

Default Re: Galaxy Note 3 - Phone Shutting off

Holding the button would bring up a prompt to turn the phone off. Does the battery feel loose? I had an issue with a Note II when it turned off randomly due to a loose battery so I had the phone replaced. The plastic housing that the battery sat in was just slightly off and any bump set it off.

I know you said this happens in pocket only but worth asking.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Battery isn't loose at all. I have no idea what is going on. All I know is that about half the time I pull it out of my pocket it is off but it has never shut off any other time.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Wife has Verizon note 3. Other day she pulled it out of her pocket and it was off. Only happened once so far. No idea what happened. You aren't alone...
    No idea why it was off.

Posted via Android Central App

I am also having this problem. It's very annoying. I've been missing critical alarms/alerts because I'm depending on the notification to alert me to the time.

I love this phone ... totally awesome ... but I'd really like to know what's causing this problem.

I am having the same issue. It happens all the time especially. When I put it in my. Pocket. I've heard there is an xda thread on it but I can't find it

its never happened to me.
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,871 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM 10.2

When I had a Note 3 that never happened to me but never tried to stuff the phone in my pocket.

G Pad 8.3

I'm having this issue as well, but I never carry it in a pocket. It's shut down about 5 times, for no reason. Twice while connected to power, so I know it's not the battery either. The last time it happened, it restarted in Safe Mode. I figure it must be an app. I deleted a couple I could live without, and am waiting to see if it happens again. :/

This happened me this morning. Ive had the Note 3 now for a few weeks with no issues at all.

I was out shopping this morning, with the Note 3 in my jeans pocket. Maybe a little bit tight in there, but it's workable lol

I took my phone out, and it was dead.. Nothing I tried would turn it on again, not even a battery pull. I thought it was dead.

I had to wait until I got home to connect it to the charger to bring it back to life. It had been charged overnight, so the battery hadnt died or anything. When i connected it to the charger and it came back on, the battery level was 95%

I've been having this problem as well. Like most of you, I thought it was cos it was tight in my jeans pocket, but right now it just happened beside me, I have my phone on the table, used it, and closed the flip cover (the one that comes with the note 3), and when i opened the flap, it was turned off again. had to restart it.

Anybody from samsung hearing all these complaints?

Any news on this? Same problem. My sometimes restarts in my pocket or turns off completely. My pockets aren't very tight nor do I have anything else in them so don't think the button gets pressed. One time it went into safe mode and another I couldn't turn the phone on until I plugged in the charger and when I did it said I had over 67% battery.

I have the same problem. When I get the phone from my pocket %95 it is shut down and not responding to power button. The only way to start the phone again is hitting to the phone with hand or hitting it to your lap.

Anyway I also tried bending the phone outside my pocket. When I bend it with a little force it closes and does not start like in my pocket. In my opinion something inside the phone is broken. Maybe a socket or something else I do not know exactly. And when I hit to the phone this come to place and starts working again.

I will bring the phone to the Samsung service (Which is run by my friend) and I hope to learn the main reason for that. I also hope that there wont be any repair charges.

I will inform you what happened at the service.

Quote Originally Posted by TC Cenk Yuzereroglu View Post
    I have the same problem. When I get the phone from my pocket %95 it is shut down and not responding to power button. The only way to start the phone again is hitting to the phone with hand or hitting it to your lap.

Anyway I also tried bending the phone outside my pocket. When I bend it with a little force it closes and does not start like in my pocket. In my opinion something inside the phone is broken. Maybe a socket or something else I do not know exactly. And when I hit to the phone this come to place and starts working again.

I will bring the phone to the Samsung service (Which is run by my friend) and I hope to learn the main reason for that. I also hope that there wont be any repair charges.

the solution for me was to pull out the SIM card and put it back in. All is well Now

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts

sorry to ride on this thread..but

my note 3 has been 'slow' recently.. also shows blank screen and hangs alot... have had to force shut several times..

slow as in once I open an app say whatsapp... it takes almost 15 seconds before I can type on it.

has anyone else had this problem w your note 3?
    cud it be the kitkat issue?
    very upset with my new-ish phone...

😔😔😔

Quote Originally Posted by look-fast View Post
    sorry to ride on this thread..but

my note 3 has been 'slow' recently.. also shows blank screen and hangs alot... have had to force shut several times..

slow as in once I open an app say whatsapp... it takes almost 15 seconds before I can type on it.

has anyone else had this problem w your note 3?
    cud it be the kitkat issue?
    very upset with my new-ish phone...

😔😔😔

That is not normal at all. Try getting clean master and clearing out junk files. Boot to recovery and clear cache also.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts

thanks z06mike

trying to clear cache as much as possible..

lapse still there. hopefully get another bug fixed update soon...

Hello Cenk,

I also having the same problem as you mentioned, Is your problem solved?
    I will be pleased if you share your problem and solution.

Thanks

I can't post a link since i'm a new member, but try search for "Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Shutting Down - FIXED IT!!!" on google.

I cut a business card and squeezed it between the battery and the phone so it will make tighter contact with the pins for the battery. It fixed my note 3

Hello Mr Cenk,

Have you ended up with any conclusions? I'm experiencing the same issues when bend a little bit with a little force, Note 3 shuts down and with a little hitting it stars again. I guess we have received some defective devices. I'm considering to send it to official service. But I'm curious about your case have you found any solution?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TC Cenk Yuzereroglu View Post

Hello Mr. Cenk,

Have ou got any solutions? I'm exoeriencing exactly the same problems, I guess we have defective products. I'm considering sending my Note 3 to official service. If you could share your solution if available of course I'd be glad.

Thanks in advance.