Why doesn't Samsung support emoji?

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
You would think they could a least put a plug in for download through their store. I mean I can always use other text apps but I hate losing features on the phone when disabling the stock text app.

Posted via My Galaxy Note 3

Myronmack

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Umm the stock samsung keyboard does have emojis just long press on the settings button to the left of the space bar and you'll see a smiling face and there you go..emojis

Posted via Android Central App

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
The stock keyboard unfortunately is no where near as good as SwiftKey. That's my problem. The only way to get emoji with SwiftKey is to use another text app like textra

snc0921

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
You would think they could a least put a plug in for download through their store. I mean I can always use other text apps but I hate losing features on the phone when disabling the stock text app.

The stock keyboard unfortunately is no where near as good as SwiftKey. That's my problem. The only way to get emoji with SwiftKey is to use another text app like textra

Ummmm... Geeeze, I feel awkward pointing this out... but you just contradicted the point of your thread. BoooooYaaaa

If you hate losing features of the stock app when disabling... oops... endless loop ;-)

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site

The stock keyboard is powered by swiftkey. Have you used it for a few days and let it learn your words?

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
The stock keyboard is powered by swiftkey. Have you used it for a few days and let it learn your words?

It's missing things that make SwiftKey great and fast like swipe to delete.

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Quite honestly, your complaint is ridiculous. Your thread is bashing Samsung for not having a feature and then when someone points out that the feature is there, you tell us that you aren't even using the Samsung keyboard that does have the feature. Your gripe is with Swiftkey and should state so in the original message. SMH

Sent from my Note 3

desdesdes

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to Android and confused daily but I can use Android emojis with SwiftKey via a long press on the return arrow. They are not the plethora of iOS ones, but it's something.

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to Android and confused daily but I can use Android emojis with SwiftKey via a long press on the return arrow. They are not the plethora of iOS ones, but it's something.

It's does not show up as an emoji when using swiftkey. It shows up as that incompatible android emoji icon head. So I don't know what you're talking about.

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Quite honestly, your complaint is ridiculous. Your thread is bashing Samsung for not having a feature and then when someone points out that the feature is there, you tell us that you aren't even using the Samsung keyboard that does have the feature. Your gripe is with Swiftkey and should state so in the original message. SMH

Sent from my Note 3

Pal. I'm not bashing Samsung. Relax yourself. I didn't know you had stock in the company. Also what I am complaining about is the way Samsung slickly assigned certain functions like emoji to the keyboard when other companies assign it to the app. I love the note 3 not one serious complaint about it.

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
No stock in the company. I just thought the original post was a bit off considering you're not using the Samsung keyboard. Have a good one.

Sent from my Note 3

wendy5001

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I use Textra, emojis can be seen across platform and everyone can see them in a pretty much have the same ones

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

C_o_u_r_t

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Some Samsung phones do not support emoji. You can get emoji's but won't be able to see them on that type of phone. I can't see emoji's on my phone. I have a samsung galaxy exhibit t599 and its up to date you just can't see them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis