Galaxy Note 3 - First Impressions and a few questions

crazyhairboy

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Sprint Note3 unboxed yesterday and I'm quite impressed.
Came from a BLACKBERRY STYLE and Playbook pairing.
I'm hoping to just now have the one device for all my needs.
The good:
-Couldn't believe the weight and thinness!
-Spen functionality is impressive
-screen definitely looks pretty!
-battery: been using nonstop from 6am this morning. At 2:30 it hit 15% . likely will improve as i understand this OS better. and about midday enabled power saving mode.
-wifi: is better reception than my laptop and tablet
-Sprint is well..eh Sprint crappy no matter what device.

Now hopefully some gripes that I can get resolved by the community: ;)
1. The home button feels a little loose or cheap. I'm scared that it's not going to last the 2 years of my plan. Any way to navigate effectively without using? Such as any gestures for multitasking, app killing ect.
Along with that is there an easier way to kill apps then to "back" out THEN long press home THEN kill every window ever opened?
2. In Snotes is there any way to increase the canvas size?
3. Looking for a good app for annotating pdf and epub (epub especially- likely will use repligo for pdf as it was great on my BB)
4. Do I really need to root the device to open more apps for multitasking? Wont that void my warrantee ?
5. Chrome or stock browser? Or any other suggestions. Already got flash working.

That's all I can think of for now.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
1.) Unless its popping out I wouldn't worry about it. Samsung is known for these kind of build quality issues but the parts should hold.

5.) I use Chrome but that's basically because it syncs to my PC for the most part. I'm a big fan of Google apps in general.

Sorry I can't help with the rest but I'm not on a Note 3 myself. I did have a Note II and know the exact build issues you're talking about.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

SinsContained

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Sprint Note3 unboxed yesterday and I'm quite impressed.
Came from a BLACKBERRY STYLE and Playbook pairing.
I'm hoping to just now have the one device for all my needs.
The good:
-Couldn't believe the weight and thinness!
-Spen functionality is impressive
-screen definitely looks pretty!
-battery: been using nonstop from 6am this morning. At 2:30 it hit 15% . likely will improve as i understand this OS better. and about midday enabled power saving mode.
-wifi: is better reception than my laptop and tablet
-Sprint is well..eh Sprint crappy no matter what device.

Now hopefully some gripes that I can get resolved by the community: ;)
1. The home button feels a little loose or cheap. I'm scared that it's not going to last the 2 years of my plan. Any way to navigate effectively without using? Such as any gestures for multitasking, app killing ect.
Along with that is there an easier way to kill apps then to "back" out THEN long press home THEN kill every window ever opened?
2. In Snotes is there any way to increase the canvas size?
3. Looking for a good app for annotating pdf and epub (epub especially- likely will use repligo for pdf as it was great on my BB)
4. Do I really need to root the device to open more apps for multitasking? Wont that void my warrantee ?
5. Chrome or stock browser? Or any other suggestions. Already got flash working.

That's all I can think of for now.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

How did you get flash working? Also you can long press the home button, go to task manager and click ram or running apps to kill stuff faster

Posted via Android Central App

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I think that there is a widget preloaded on the phone that allows you to kill apps as well.

Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my Galaxy Note 3.

took2089

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Once you download the flash file what do you do next to get it working on stock browser ? Thanks

Nvm :)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21