Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By larrygeary
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default You tube buffering

I cannot watch you tube without bufferring. It tajes 20 seconds for me to start watching then after a few seconds it stop again like this. Is it you tube or my wifi?

sent from my note 3 📱 now Free

Global Posts
    5,154 Global Posts

Default Re: You tube buffering

download the speedtest.net app and post those results

I'd guess wifi. I'm okay with YouTube on wifi and even mobile data.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts

A lot of times its YouTube,certain times of day and if its a really popular video.

My 3g is faster than my wifi . . . I think I'm capped

Posted via Android Central App

Yeah dude, the SAME thing happens to me on my Galaxy Note 3. The Youtube apps works fine over wifi, but even though I have a 20+mbps LTE connection on T-Mobile, I'll play a video on YouTube, it'll play for like 6 mins or less, then it seems to stop pulling data from the network, causing the app to just start. I usually have to reload the video which is INFURIATING, so I'm looking for a fix too.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

I get the buffering like crazy too on my high speed gaming router my brother has a note 2 and it loads really fast but it takes forever on my note 3 and when it starts playing it stops every like 5 seconds to buff again it's really annoying

Youtube has been HORRIBLE lately on my PC. They made changes that broke full screen display. Response is so bad that the other night it took hours to watch a 30 minute video. Don't blame your phone.
    mrwallyy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by larrygeary View Post
    Youtube has been HORRIBLE lately on my PC. They made changes that broke full screen display. Response is so bad that the other night it took hours to watch a 30 minute video. Don't blame your phone.
    I can watch HD on my mobile connection no problem... So.... Not sure why you're having those issues.

It is your WiFi. I had the same problem at home when My wife was using The Smart TV to watch old Christmas movies on YouTube, both of my daughters was using their tablets, and myself using my laptop and tablet. It slow mine down to a crawl. after 30 minutes I could not get YouTube to work on any of my devices. After shutting them all down gave my WIFI a rest. They all started working normal again and I have no more problems.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    I can watch HD on my mobile connection no problem... So.... Not sure why you're having those issues.

For some reason when I watch YT videos over mobile data it looks really blurry. I have LTE and over 25MBPS download. My WiFi is extremely slow yet it plays HD videos with good quality

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

If you are have issues with you tube buffering, then you need to check your wifi or data network connection. If you have a weak data connection signal, then it is going to buffer.

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    For some reason when I watch YT videos over mobile data it looks really blurry. I have LTE and over 25MBPS download. My WiFi is extremely slow yet it plays HD videos with good quality

Are you ensuring to tell it to play HD? it won't do it by default unless you tell it to.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Are you ensuring to tell it to play HD? it won't do it by default unless you tell it to.

Yes it's set to HD. Tried both the YT app and the mobile site

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Well, if you want to watch YouTube during your break and you don't want to wait to buffer. I suggest you use aneesoft youtube converter to download YouTube videos on PC and convert them to your devices.

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts

It's You Tube I think, I have the same problems over wifi or a data connection. And 3 different devices.
    Android4life

I have experienced this on both WiFi and LTE. I think it's an app issue honestly right now. Not sure why some people aren't experiencing it.