Screen darker along bottom edge?

Kai34

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed (mostly noticeable on white screens like S Note, Sketchbook, and Chrome) that the screen is darker along the bottom edge. It seems almost like a gradient effect and extends about a 1/4 of an inch up. Anyone else have this problem? Samsung support was unable to help and told to me take it to Verizon, I'd rather not have to drive back out there if I can avoid it.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea if the stock launcher has this, but I know both Apex and Nova launchers have a "shadow" along the bottom edge, similar to what you're describing. If you're using either of these, go to your launcher settings, and it will be under the homescreen settings. Look for "show shadows" or something similar, and uncheck that box. See if it makes a difference.

Other launchers (including your stock launcher) may have this feature as well... dig around in your display or launcher settings to see if you have something aboud displaying shadows on homescreen.

Kai34

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
That option for Nova places the shadow on both the top and bottom. I have Nova and have that disabled as I hate it, which is why this bothers me so much. It isn't as pronounced as the Nova shadows, but is still there. I'm thinking it's either live with it or go get it replaced this weekend.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious, so please let me know when you find out what it was, or even if you just opt to get a replacement device

Sent from my Nexus 7

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel