Feel bad for the lefties

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I was using my Note 3 (which I love BTW), and I was using it left handed (while rubbing my wife's back with my right hand). It's a long reach to the back button.

I know it's a tradeoff, one handed use for the gorgeous screen, but it definitely is an "issue" or an awkward unwieldy dance, if you will, or if you won't.

Point being, if you are a leftie, which I am not (but my Dad is), are you guys and gals put out/off by the back button, or are you just two handing it and dealing with it? Just curious.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

nooaah

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Unless we're missing our right hands, it isn't really an issue.

Edit: Actually, I never even thought about this because I have no issues reaching the back button (I'm a lefty with normal hands). Shrug.

putsometrebleinit

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Yep. I'm a lefty with small hands and it definitely is a pain to reach the back button. I upgraded from the LGOG and I believe the people that developed that were all lefties. It was the best feel I've had yet from a phone. The only bright spot is that we left handers live in a right handed world so we get used to such things :p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk now Free

AndyLu

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Left handed as well. I just use my pointer and pinky to make a L shape. It cradles the phone and I use my thumb to use the back button

Posted via Android Central App

FanOfAnything

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I was using my Note 3 (which I love BTW), and I was using it left handed (while rubbing my wife's back with my right hand). It's a long reach to the back button.

I know it's a tradeoff, one handed use for the gorgeous screen, but it definitely is an "issue" or an awkward unwieldy dance, if you will, or if you won't.

Point being, if you are a leftie, which I am not (but my Dad is), are you guys and gals put out/off by the back button, or are you just two handing it and dealing with it? Just curious.

I actually am a right handed person but when I use my left hand I can reach top left screen and bottom left screen and bottom right screen also I can click all three buttons below haha

Posted via Android Central App

luvs2laff

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Also if you have the one handed operation option selected, a quick back and forth motion with your thumb across the screen well shrink the screen easily & quickly to whatever side you want...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Also if you have the one handed operation option selected, a quick back and forth motion with your thumb across the screen well shrink the screen easily & quickly to whatever side you want...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

This. Very handy feature.

WinePress

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm left handed and the only thing that bothers me is pulling the s-pen out because I normally just pull it out with my right hand (phone and s-pen) and then have to switch and put it in my left hand to write after pulling it out.

Last edited:

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I never even thought about it until I read this topic. God, the righties have me so indoctrinated to their backhanded methods that I didn't even realize the phone was ginped.

One day we'll take over though and then scissors will be impossible for you to use hahaha

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk 4

Gearu

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Well, because of a mistake at google when the onscreen buttons were shown off with ICS, almost every other manufacturer in existence has copied the thing where they accidentally put the back button on the left side, Samsung are just one of the few left doing it in the traditional layout, others being Lenovo and Oppo etc. Lefties have every other brand to choose from.

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
To quote Steve Jobs,"You're holding it wrong."
You're not suppose to hold this phone with the dominate hand. You can tell by the placement of the pen. It's o optimized for right handed people who hold the phone on the left hand and use the pen on the right.
As a left hander holdin the phone on my right hand it's awkward trying to pull the pen out. A right hander would have no issue pulling the pen out.

It's one of my grips with the phone. I wish they had put the pen on the top of the phone.

By the way if you think left hangers struggle reaching the back button, wouldn't right handers struggle reaching the menu button? I don't have a problem reaching any button, in just not following you logic

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I normally hold the Note in my left hand when I use it, even though I'm right-handed. The easiest Note for me to use was the original Note; not having a physical home button helped and the back button wasn't on the far right side of the phone. The Note 3 is easier to use than the Note II was. I think that the difference in the distribution of weight is the factor that makes the Note 3 easier to use with one hand for me.

I think that the back button should be on the left side. Maybe I'm too used to desktop broswers, but it seems backwards for the back button to be on the right side of the phone.

honey_bee_33

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, it does bother me a little, being a leftie and all. I'm just glad there's the one handed feature that lets me swipe from either left or right to get the small screen. That little feature works wonders for my small hands. 👐📱

i love my note 3 until 4 comes along

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781