Disabling cameras shutter sound

FanOfAnything

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Alright so I'll try to make this clear as possible I did a quick search and saw that there were two options to disabling the cameras shutter sound one where I saw that you can turn your ringer all the way down till its silent or on vibrate and another where you go to the stock camera app click the gear wheel and click the gear wheel again but I don't see anything that had to do with disabling the shutter sound both options didn't work so now I have no idea what to do.
I have the N9005 Australian model? If that matters.

OTheIrony Posted via Android Central App

TeamPowerstroke

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Alright so I'll try to make this clear as possible I did a quick search and saw that there were two options to disabling the cameras shutter sound one where I saw that you can turn your ringer all the way down till its silent or on vibrate and another where you go to the stock camera app click the gear wheel and click the gear wheel again but I don't see anything that had to do with disabling the shutter sound both options didn't work so now I have no idea what to do.
I have the N9005 Australian model? If that matters.

OTheIrony Posted via Android Central App
When you click the settings icon in camera, And it brings you to the setting to allow you to change Photo Size, Click the Setting again in that Box. Then scroll down to shutter sound

TeamPowerstroke

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
8apajyhu.jpg
Here

Tappin From My N3

FanOfAnything

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Last edited:

QinMD31

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I am in same boat, below "save as flipped" it has "storage" grayed out and then "Reset" no "shutter sound". I have the Verizon version still all stock OS. thanks for the help. Thanks for the help.

FanOfAnything

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I am in same boat, below "save as flipped" it has "storage" grayed out and then "Reset" no "shutter sound". I have the Verizon version still all stock OS. thanks for the help. Thanks for the help.

I think I have an definite answer lol but I think you can root the note 3 and flash the American touchwiz but it seems like a lot of effort just to turn off the shutter sound :(

From my beast Samsung Galaxy Note 3

QinMD31

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
lol, would like to know why some have the feature available and some don't. Agreed..a lot of work for just the annoying click. Maybe will see a pattern develop if others way in.

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
lol, would like to know why some have the feature available and some don't. Agreed..a lot of work for just the annoying click. Maybe will see a pattern develop if others way in.

Easy... some carriers allowed the option on their phones and other carriers didn't.

Posted via Android Central App

Botti

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
The thing is that I don't have that option I would screenshot it but the palm motion capture thing doesn't work

One off-topic tip: use the air command for screenshots when palm doesn't work. DRM might prevent things sometimes, but other than that, it works always when the palm fails.

mandrews1119

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
For those that do not have the listed option in the camera menu to turn the shutter sound on and off, the ability is still in the Note 3. Back out and toggle your volume switch all the way up and/or down and it will enable or disable the sound. I am a photographer and love to hear the shutter sound. Accidentally turned it off (bought the phone last night.!) and had to find a way to get it back on. Hope this helps.

int_architect

May 15, 2010
Visit site
For those that do not have the listed option in the camera menu to turn the shutter sound on and off, the ability is still in the Note 3. Back out and toggle your volume switch all the way up and/or down and it will enable or disable the sound. I am a photographer and love to hear the shutter sound. Accidentally turned it off (bought the phone last night.!) and had to find a way to get it back on. Hope this helps.

^^THIS^^

N3 via AC App

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
You can download Camera Zoom fx and it has a 'turn off shutter sound' toggle. Nice camera app too. In the Play Store.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
You can download Camera Zoom fx and it has a 'turn off shutter sound' toggle. Nice camera app too. In the Play Store.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

Takes much better pictures than the stock app with much more control of your camera..

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can use an app like "enforced stream silencer". Just Google it.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
The thing is that I don't have that option I would screenshot it but the palm motion capture thing doesn't work

:EDIT:
Seems like it's the Australian firmware that's the problem . . . Australians can't change around the docks and can't turn off the cameras shutter sound sighh . . .

Probably done to stop people from taking pictures of others without them knowing.

Personally would not complain if they locked it on in the US phones, either...

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
silent snap app also offers a solution to this. But volume up down does work for me...I also have no option insettings to silence shutter sound...I am in USA and have verizon for carrier.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Am I doimg something wrong? downloaded canera zoom fx and still get shutter sound even when I check or uncheck... a lil help as it is too late for refund.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc