Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Alright so I'll try to make this clear as possible I did a quick search and saw that there were two options to disabling the cameras shutter sound one where I saw that you can turn your ringer all the way down till its silent or on vibrate and another where you go to the stock camera app click the gear wheel and click the gear wheel again but I don't see anything that had to do with disabling the shutter sound both options didn't work so now I have no idea what to do.
    I have the N9005 Australian model? If that matters.

OTheIrony Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Disabling cameras shutter sound

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfAnything View Post
    Alright so I'll try to make this clear as possible I did a quick search and saw that there were two options to disabling the cameras shutter sound one where I saw that you can turn your ringer all the way down till its silent or on vibrate and another where you go to the stock camera app click the gear wheel and click the gear wheel again but I don't see anything that had to do with disabling the shutter sound both options didn't work so now I have no idea what to do.
    I have the N9005 Australian model? If that matters.

OTheIrony Posted via Android Central App
    When you click the settings icon in camera, And it brings you to the setting to allow you to change Photo Size, Click the Setting again in that Box. Then scroll down to shutter sound

Here

Tappin From My N3
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by TeamPowerstroke View Post
    The thing is that I don't have that option I would screenshot it but the palm motion capture thing doesn't work

:EDIT:
    Seems like it's the Australian firmware that's the problem . . . Australians can't change around the docks and can't turn off the cameras shutter sound sighh . . .

I am in same boat, below "save as flipped" it has "storage" grayed out and then "Reset" no "shutter sound". I have the Verizon version still all stock OS. thanks for the help. Thanks for the help.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by QinMD31 View Post
    I am in same boat, below "save as flipped" it has "storage" grayed out and then "Reset" no "shutter sound". I have the Verizon version still all stock OS. thanks for the help. Thanks for the help.
    I think I have an definite answer lol but I think you can root the note 3 and flash the American touchwiz but it seems like a lot of effort just to turn off the shutter sound

From my beast Samsung Galaxy Note 3

lol, would like to know why some have the feature available and some don't. Agreed..a lot of work for just the annoying click. Maybe will see a pattern develop if others way in.

Global Posts
    648 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QinMD31 View Post
    lol, would like to know why some have the feature available and some don't. Agreed..a lot of work for just the annoying click. Maybe will see a pattern develop if others way in.
    Easy... some carriers allowed the option on their phones and other carriers didn't.

Posted via Android Central App

The thing is that I don't have that option I would screenshot it but the palm motion capture thing doesn't work
    One off-topic tip: use the air command for screenshots when palm doesn't work. DRM might prevent things sometimes, but other than that, it works always when the palm fails.

For those that do not have the listed option in the camera menu to turn the shutter sound on and off, the ability is still in the Note 3. Back out and toggle your volume switch all the way up and/or down and it will enable or disable the sound. I am a photographer and love to hear the shutter sound. Accidentally turned it off (bought the phone last night.!) and had to find a way to get it back on. Hope this helps.

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mandrews1119 View Post
    For those that do not have the listed option in the camera menu to turn the shutter sound on and off, the ability is still in the Note 3. Back out and toggle your volume switch all the way up and/or down and it will enable or disable the sound. I am a photographer and love to hear the shutter sound. Accidentally turned it off (bought the phone last night.!) and had to find a way to get it back on. Hope this helps.
    ^^THIS^^

N3 via AC App

turn phone volume down then the shutter sound will be silent when you take a picture
    Carlo Villa likes this.

Carrier
    Stock JB 4.1.2

You can download Camera Zoom fx and it has a 'turn off shutter sound' toggle. Nice camera app too. In the Play Store.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    You can download Camera Zoom fx and it has a 'turn off shutter sound' toggle. Nice camera app too. In the Play Store.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    Takes much better pictures than the stock app with much more control of your camera..

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    msndrstood likes this.

You can use an app like "enforced stream silencer". Just Google it.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    [URL="http://forums.mobilenations.com/rules-policies/500-community-rules-guidelines.html#post3388"]Community Guidelines[/URL] - - [URL="http://forums.mobilenations.com/rules-policies/766-app-developer-forum-rules-guidelines.html#post4991"]App & Developer Guidelines[/URL] --[URL="http://forums.mobilenations.com/rules-policies/410-marketplace-rules-guidelines.html#post2963"]Marketplace Guidelines[/URL] - - [URL="http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon/368068-verizon-faq.html"]Verizon FAQ[/URL] - -[URL="http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=3571703"]Verizon Iconic Portal [/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

my note 3 do not have shutter sound menu there.... why? do you know what is that problem....??
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,786 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock (4.3)

:EDIT:
    Seems like it's the Australian firmware that's the problem . . . Australians can't change around the docks and can't turn off the cameras shutter sound sighh . . .
    Probably done to stop people from taking pictures of others without them knowing.

Personally would not complain if they locked it on in the US phones, either...
    boudicca00 likes this.

silent snap app also offers a solution to this. But volume up down does work for me...I also have no option insettings to silence shutter sound...I am in USA and have verizon for carrier.

Am I doimg something wrong? downloaded canera zoom fx and still get shutter sound even when I check or uncheck... a lil help as it is too late for refund.

Quote Originally Posted by asyyrafi asyraf View Post
    my note 3 do not have shutter sound menu there.... why? do you know what is that problem....??
    Don't know what country you are in, but it is against the law to turn off the shutter sound some places so they remove the option

Posted via Android Central App
    boudicca00 and daves221 like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,786 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock (4.3)

Quote Originally Posted by lterry913 View Post
    Am I doimg something wrong? downloaded canera zoom fx and still get shutter sound even when I check or uncheck... a lil help as it is too late for refund.
    The shutter sound is there to stay.

Enjoy your phone.

If you replace the shutter sound files with silent ones (make them in audacity) it will work, but not straight away for some reason.
    lterry913 likes this.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

OK it is not the carriers fault I tried Dow loading apps removing the sound files replacing it with the American file turning the volume waay down and coming back into the camera if some of you guys read what I wrote in previous post the sound cannot be turned off no matter what it's sad to say without root I can't turn if off the whole reason I moved from iPhone was because I hated doing the research and stuff just to jailbreak now I got to note 3 and now I got to root defeats the whole purpose

posted from my note 3 ...

Silent snap does work to silence the shutter only and does not change the original camera app otherwise. I tried camera zoom fx as it was said to have better pic quality,b ut I found it would not silence my shutter and the picture quality was worse for me...Maybe I didn't have the settings correct or something, but the zoom I got with original camera app was much clearer than with anything else.

Silent snap just loweres the volume while you have camera open and returns it to previous setting when you exit camera...you do have to set it as your default camera app if you wanyt it to work but it is still just the camera with a different icon.

I found that with my Note 3 the app could not be downloadad or installed because of the security issue related to "unknown source".
    So, what I did firstly was to download the app into my computer then into Dropbox.
    When it was in Dropbox in the Note 3 I got the above message again.
    I then went into "Settings" - "General" - "Security" - untick "Unknown sources". (It only does it one at a time so no risk for other unknown apps).
    This enabled me to install the app. You then untick the box at the top and hey presto no more shutter sounds!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast