Do you keep GPS satellites on under location services?

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I keep it off but allow apps that have asked my permission to use my location. What do you guys do?

Posted via My Galaxy Note 3

BratPAQ

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I use Tasker to turn on gps upon launching few selected apps that use it, like waze, Google maps, etc. Then close gps as the apps close.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I use Tasker to turn on gps upon launching few selected apps that use it, like waze, Google maps, etc. Then close gps as the apps close.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

I'm just wondering why some apps work with out it being on. Like the ones that ask permission. And then always use it. Why doesn't maps work that way.

Posted via My Galaxy Note 3

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I turn off almost everything that I'm not specifically using. If I need GPS for navigation or something, I'll turn it on. Otherwise it stays off. I think some apps can work without GPS because they don't need a location as precise as GPS gives and can make do with location determined from WiFi and/or cell towers. I'm not sure, but IIRC, most apps I have that need GPS access will tell me that if my GPS is off and remind me to turn it on. Ones that don't probably don't *need* the GPS to function. But I am just kind of guessing here.

dakeb

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I leave GPS on all the time as it doesn't consume much power, but I disable the location settings in social media programmes, so potential burglars don't know when I am out of the house, and I don't want strangers tracking my movements.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

runamuck0870

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm keeping all radios on all day....bluetooth, wifi and gps. Google is already tracking everything you do anyways, and since I kept all of these on with my iphone I wanted to compare. So far the N3 is doing great.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I keep it on all the time. Only thing I turn off when I'm not using is wifi.. Don't understand why anyone would leave that on. With it on your phone is constantly searches for wifi networks and then trying to connect. Huge battery drain.. Gps stays on always.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!