Verizon or ATT

capcom303

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Can anybody tell me the difference between having the Note 3 or Verizon or ATT? What does one do they other does not, or what does the carrier lock out of each one?

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Largely in our area, it comes to coverage. I have been a loyal Verizon customer, so that helps when something goes wrong, along with much better service, and 4G. Most I know around here with AT&T see a big drop in coverage outside of the populated areas, and not as great 4G.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well I can say Verizon would be the one to lock down or remove anything from the phone. Not saying AT&T won't.. Just saying you can usually guarantee Verizon doing it.

I believe the Verizon one won't let you use Knox... Even though it's installed. They want you to use their stuff instead.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
With att, you can talk while checking/response to email or surf or whatever multi - tasking.

Verizon: wait, I have to disconnect you to send you something. Will call you back.
You lost the multi - tasking feature on this phone.

However, it also depends on the quality of service in your area.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
With att, you can talk while checking/response to email or surf or whatever multi - tasking.

Verizon: wait, I have to disconnect you to send you something. Will call you back.
You lost the multi - tasking feature on this phone.

However, it also depends on the quality of service in your area.

This is true if on Verizon 3g. If on Verizon LTE you can do Voice and data at the same time.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Well I can say Verizon would be the one to lock down or remove anything from the phone. Not saying AT&T won't.. Just saying you can usually guarantee Verizon doing it.

I believe the Verizon one won't let you use Knox... Even though it's installed. They want you to use their stuff instead.

The Verizon Note 3 is factory sim unlocked. My understanding is that att note 3 is sim locked from the factory.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

capcom303

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm on ATT now and thinking of switching so I wanted to know what would be locked out on the verizon model over the one I have from ATT. Was told with verizon we could talk and text at the same time like ATT so we may see on that one

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It's at the point where it is strictly about which has the better coverage where you live. They are both expensive, they both load up the phones with bloatware (Verizon is a little worse), and you may be able to get a work discount (or affiliation discount from some group you might belong to). We have a duopoly where unless you're lucky enough to have good TMo coverage then you have no choice but to go with ATT or Verizon and neither one is going to give you a good deal - it's just a matter of which one might screw you less.

Mr Bigs

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm on ATT now and thinking of switching so I wanted to know what would be locked out on the verizon model over the one I have from ATT. Was told with verizon we could talk and text at the same time like ATT so we may see on that one

You can talk and surf the Web on LTE but not 3g on Verizon. Samsung chose not to use SVDO on their CDMA phones anymore, the last one was the Galaxy S3. I will say in my experience it comes down to coverage. I have good coverage from all carriers in N.Y.C and found AT&T to be faster than Verizon as of late.

Posted via Android Central App

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
It comes down to service no matter how you play it Verizon comes out on top. LTE rollout is done for the most part on Verizon and they're rolling out AWS in large markets right now years ahead most carriers.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It comes down to service no matter how you play it Verizon comes out on top. LTE rollout is done for the most part on Verizon and they're rolling out AWS in large markets right now years ahead most carriers.

He was asking the difference in the device... Not the coverage of the networks.

capcom303

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I can understand coverage is going to be different just wondered about the device. Took the Note 3 for ATT back last Tuesday and just today picked up a note 3 for verizon so I'm going to see how this goes. At home I'm only getting 3g coverage and 2 bars but on ATT I had 3g and 4-5 bars but can say that the 3g verizon even at 2 bars is faster then ATT 3g here at my house. Can say I got a great deal on the phone, best buys gave it to me for $249.
The phones are setup different for sure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez