1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best Keyboard if coming from blackberry

So I could type insanely fast without looking and all that fun stuff with a blackberry from 9630 9650 9930 to q10..... What is the best keyboard paid or free in your opinions for me to be able to learn how to type without looking. I saw the swype app and samsung keyboard app. Are these my best options. with Swype i keep on trying to remember to pick up my finger when typing. But it seems the samsung keyboard does the same thing as swype.

What are your thoughts on the best keyboard that will adaptively learn my typing?

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts

I like swift key. Does the job nicely and you can back everything up to the cloud. Brilliant. Software

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Best Keyboard if coming from blackberry

I use GO Keyboard. I love it, it so easy to type! I think it come with the phone under setting.

SwiftKey learns what you want to say. I'm not a fan of SwiftKey but since Swype isn't to your liking, maybe we are opposites and you will love SwiftKey. I couldn't type on physical keyboards well so I'm guessing that we really are opposites.

Not sure it matters but the last BB touch keyboard was swift key integrated. I would suspect it would feel very familiar.

Craig
    Phone :: BB880>>BB9000>>Captivate>>Galaxy Note1>>Galaxy Note 3
    Tablet :: B&N Nook >> Xoom >> Nexus 10
    Game/Mini-PC :: Zealz G802 >> Ouya

Go Keyboard has voice recognition and unlike the voice recognition from the phone, this one is exact and very accurate so I rarely type anymore.

You may want to try the stock keyboard for a while. Many people have liked it. I have stuck with it so far.

Craig

I just looked at the stock keyboard settings for the note 3. There are references to swift key flow. So some of the features may be included in the stock Samsung keyboard.

Craig

I've been impressed with the stock keyboard especially since it has numbers across the top.

+1 on the stock keyboard.
    SUCCESS IS MY ONLY OPTION...FAILURE IS NOT !!

I love SwiftKey and how it learns from your typing habits.

I like stock keyboard specially since I can swype and the numbers are on top........but I keep going back to swype for the single reason that if you messed up on a word, you hit back key and it will clear the entire word while on the stock keyboard you have to hit back key letter by letter ...... I guess the best keyboard is the one that works best for you taste.....

Is there a Keyboard app that you can select which characters should show on keyboard like, for example, SwiftKey allows directional arrows, this is amazing, but it does not have numbers and text on same screen (*has long press, which I am used to Capitalize in the past), also @ disappears in certain fields, what if your password has @ sign, you need to keep toggling.
    Also, why aren't these keyboards adding a period (.) when space is hit twice? That is a huge shortcoming.

I hope there is a keyboard that we can modify to our likings.
    Voice recognition can stay where it is, I don't think anyone uses that to compose e-mails, it's just a novelty feature unless one is disabled, cannot type fast, or just lazy. No disrespect to those who dictate emails on a regular basis, it's just that I feel like I can probably type faster than voice recognition can recognize, and a few mis-typed words and time wasted correcting those is enough of a waste.

Z10 keyboard was the best keyboard I used on any device, physical or not, even better than 9700 and 9900's keyboards, that keyboard was amazing at correcting words. Whatever it is based on, I haven't seen anything like that on an Android device, ever.

I am really a big fan of the stock keyboard. I haven't had any issues with it so far and the predictive type is really good. I would say that it is on par with the iPhone keyboard.

Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my Galaxy Note 3.

The stock Samsung keyboard has now also swipe function which is pretty well. It is very fast and comfortable to use. Try it and you'll not regret coming from bb.

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heading4tomorrow View Post
    Is there a Keyboard app that you can select which characters should show on keyboard like, for example, SwiftKey allows directional arrows, this is amazing, but it does not have numbers and text on same screen (*has long press, which I am used to Capitalize in the past), also @ disappears in certain fields, what if your password has @ sign, you need to keep toggling.
    Also, why aren't these keyboards adding a period (.) when space is hit twice? That is a huge shortcoming.
    A shortcoming you can enable in SwiftKey under the advanced setting.

Global Posts
    556 Global Posts

Another +1 for Swiftkey. It's as smart as me (which I know isn't saying much). I can often type a five or six word sentence with only five or six touches. Amazing learning algorythms.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Crisdean View Post
    A shortcoming you can enable in SwiftKey under the advanced setting.
    Thank you!
    Is there a way to add text shortcuts using auto correct? brb = be right back? but only custom words/phrases?