1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note 3 - Phone rings when on vibrate?

My wife upgraded from an iPhone 4s to the Note 3. She loves it, but two days in a row the phone has rung at the most inopportune time when she swears it was on vibrate. She had to turn the phone off in both cases because she didn't trust it wouldn't ring again (and if it rang again it would be bad for her, so safer to turn phone off).

She has never had the ringer on due to her work and this was an easy to verify feature of the iPhone 4s due to it's physical switch.

Since I'm not the one using the phone, I can't be sure whether this isn't operator error (big change from iOS7 to Android 4.3/TouchWiz for her). Is there some setting she/we are not aware of. Is there some shortcut key combination that could have turned the ringer on unbeknownst to her?

We put a pin lock on the phone (which lives in her bag/purse) but it has no cover. Any ideas?

Default Re: Galaxy Note 3 - Phone rings when on vibrate?

Might be a bug, not muting the phone. Try muting the phone by turning the volume right down. It should go onto vibrate. Mine never rings.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Galaxy Note 3 - Phone rings when on vibrate?

If she wants to make sure it doesn't ring for work, just go into settings, sound and mute it. Pull down from the notification area and toggle Sound until it says mute. The other option is to go further (click on the settings gear icon) into the sound settings and just make sure Volume for the ringer is at min. when she is at work. I would bet she has it set for something like vibrate when ringing vs. vibrate.