1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3 usb charging issues - just want to confirm

I just want to confirm if your Note 3 charges fine via usb->laptop. One guy on the forum is having issues but if its just us two then i will return my phone tomorrow.

Thanks,

Default Re: Note 3 usb charging issues - just want to confirm

Charges for me. Did you try connecting to other computers or different cables

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Working fine for me. Charging in the car, not so much, but I have a new 2.5 amp charger coming tomorrow, should solve that.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

tried multiple computers. Im just going to take this guy in. Thanks friends!

I have no issues on my macbook pro...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

I have a macbook pro and I have just taken Note 3 on contract from vodafone. First couple of days Note 3 charged fine through USB data cable plugged into my macbook pro. I used both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 cables. Both were working fine. Since yesterday suddenly it wont charge when plugged into my macbook via usb. I have atleast 3 different cables. It shows that its connected as media device and charging. I can transfer files and everything but it wont charge. I plugged the mobile in the wall socket and now it charges fine but that's not convenient. Anybody else having same issue? Any solution?

Anybody can aNswer my question?i have galaxy note 3...its not charging via usb...when i plug it into my pc the battery % goes down...I try to factory reset....after reset it works fine,but when i try copy videofiles in my phone after copying videofiles the % goes down again...what happening?its like my phone dont like videofiles????SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH

I am still trying to wrap my brain around all the usb charging specs but usb 2.0 will probably not charge your phone. 500ma just isn't enough juice. Go to Amazon and search Mediabridge car chargers. Read the reviews and it explains a lot about iphone standards, low power standards, high power standards, data pin shorting and all the other complicated stuff. I still don't know the differences between usb 2.0 and 3.0 but there are differences. There are differences in data and charging cables was what I got out of it. The only way to get high power is short the data wires and I still don't know if computer usb will handle it. I'm not going to experiment either.

ATT N3