Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsungs E-mail app vs Googles

Hi all,

I'm currently using the Gmail app - syncing two accounts. Anyone tried the E-mail app from Samsung? Which one would you recommend using?

Default Re: Samsungs E-mail app vs Googles

I never used samsung mail app but i can will recommend you to use the gmail app as its easier to sync accounts from there

Quote Originally Posted by dsl4life View Post
    Hi all,

I'm currently using the Gmail app - syncing two accounts. Anyone tried the E-mail app from Samsung? Which one would you recommend using?
    Meh, they both work, Gmail has the Google feel to it though.

I use the Samsung app for Gmail since it allows me to read Gmail emails on my Galaxy Gear.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts

Using Samsung email app so I can read gmail on my gear but if they ever allow gmail stand alone app to work with the gear then I would switch to that.

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts

I use Gmail, because my main e-mail accounts are with Gmail. I've tried the Email app for a non-Gmail account before, and it seemed to work fine. I don't know if you can put non-Gmail accounts into the Gmail app, but you ought to be able to put Gmail accounts into the Email app. So I guess if you need/want to access both Gmail and non-Gmail accounts in a single app, Samsung's Email app may be the better choice. If you don't need to do that, or don't mind working with two apps, you can put your Gmail accounts in the Gmail app and other ones in the Email app.

I use Kaiten.

Via my Note 3
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

Gmail app is good if you use only gmail. Samsung email app sucks with its functionality. Used it for a week before deleting it. Using K9 email app now and loving it so far. Its got awesome reviews too. Try it. Cant use imap on hotmail though

I use samsung email account even thought I have a gmail account........ I don't like the tags that gmail has put on the email........ I have no problem using the email ...with gmail and my comcast account .........I like it better ....... I guess it is a matter of taste ..................

I use the Samsung email account because I have email accounts that aren't Gmail. The Samsung email app is really nice. I have not issue with it

Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my Galaxy Note 3.

I use Samsung mail with my corporate Exchange account, two Google Pro accounts, one Gmail account and two Yahoo accounts. Gets all alerts to my Gear. Love it.