S Pen hard to take out

SassyLee

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I have the Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon and was wondering if anyone else has a problem getting the s pen out. I'm chipping my nails just to get it out doesn't matter if it's in the case or out. I only had a Note 1 and it wasn't this bad getting the s pen out.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon and was wondering if anyone else has a problem getting the s pen out. I'm chipping my nails just to get it out doesn't matter if it's in the case or out. I only had a Note 1 and it wasn't this bad getting the s pen out.

agreed....its my only gripe about the phone.....i've come down to flipping the phone over, with its **** up, and then taking my thumb nail to push the pen up and out....its like they gave the pen a lip but not enough of one....i have to say i liked my note 2 pen better.

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes. The S Pen is too hard to take out. It is also an inferior design to the Note 2 S Pen in it it harder to tell by feel where the button is due to the two flat sides.

sent from my Note 3

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Chipping nails? Must be a Verizon thing. Mine is locked in there but definitely isn't difficult enough to do that...

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I've had the misfortune to have 2 (sent back 'cause voice quality was horrible), both Spens were hard to get out. I'm hoping in loosens up with time. If not, out comes the Dremel. :)

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
No issue on my Verizon getting it out. It has become more difficult to access with the Spigen case, but it is not so hard to chip a nail.

SassyLee

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
agreed....its my only gripe about the phone.....i've come down to flipping the phone over, with its **** up, and then taking my thumb nail to push the pen up and out....its like they gave the pen a lip but not enough of one....i have to say i liked my note 2 pen better.
Just tried this I'm going to take it to Verizon an see if they could help me out.

SassyLee

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
No issue on my Verizon getting it out. It has become more difficult to access with the Spigen case, but it is not so hard to chip a nail.
I have the S View cover and a I-Blason wallet case and even without a case it's still hard I'm going to need a manicure just to get my nails looking good. ;)

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The first Note 3 was very difficult. I had finally had enough and went to the ATT Corp store. They agreed it was unreasonably difficult. They found that it was the S-Pen itself and just offered to exchange it. See if they will let you test out a different pen.

honey_bee_33

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Chipping nails? Must be a Verizon thing. Mine is locked in there but definitely isn't difficult enough to do that...

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Dito, mine is the same way. Actually I like it this way because my note 2 once dropped and the s pen went flying across the room.. So I like that extra fit the note 3 has.

i love my note 3 until 4 comes along

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
The first Note 3 was very difficult. I had finally had enough and went to the ATT Corp store. They agreed it was unreasonably difficult. They found that it was the S-Pen itself and just offered to exchange it. See if they will let you test out a different pen.

interesting....thanks, i'll give that a try. cuz really its locked in there.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I agree, this version of the S-pen is difficult to get out. I've gotten used to leaving it stick out a bit. If you leave it stick out too far though, the dandy little alarm goes off. Just stick it in until you feel it grab a bit. The alarm will soon teach you when it's in far enough to not sound off and still out enough to easily remove.

SassyLee

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Well I went to Verizon the sales guy took it like it was nothing of course but then he gave it to the tech woman and she was struggling to take out the pen just like me. The sales guys just kept taking out and it did loosen up a little so he say probably the more I use it it won't be so hard to take out. Yes we tried different pens still the same results so for now I either deal with it or get a different phone which I really don't want to since I fell in love with my gear.

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
my wife's verizon's note 3 is hard to get out. i can remove the s pen but with less effort. maybe since i loosen it up a little bit, because it was harder at first, or maybe i got used to it.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I think it is nestled in a bit more than the note 2, but no problems getting it out. Better design as you don't have to worry about what way it is going in.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Mine was definitely difficult to get out at first, but has loosened up over time. I like the idea that it's snug, and don't have to worry about it falling out at all.

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes it's very hard. You actually need a finger nail. And since I'm a man who actually isn't dirty I cut my nails. LOL. So it's even harder. It has loosened up a little but still very hard.

Posted via My Galaxy Note 3