Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts

Question S Pen hard to take out

I have the Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon and was wondering if anyone else has a problem getting the s pen out. I'm chipping my nails just to get it out doesn't matter if it's in the case or out. I only had a Note 1 and it wasn't this bad getting the s pen out.

Default Re: S Pen hard to take out

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLee View Post
    I have the Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon and was wondering if anyone else has a problem getting the s pen out. I'm chipping my nails just to get it out doesn't matter if it's in the case or out. I only had a Note 1 and it wasn't this bad getting the s pen out.
    agreed....its my only gripe about the phone.....i've come down to flipping the phone over, with its **** up, and then taking my thumb nail to push the pen up and out....its like they gave the pen a lip but not enough of one....i have to say i liked my note 2 pen better.

Yes. The S Pen is too hard to take out. It is also an inferior design to the Note 2 S Pen in it it harder to tell by feel where the button is due to the two flat sides.

sent from my Note 3
    Note 3
    Note 8.0
    Nexus 10

Chipping nails? Must be a Verizon thing. Mine is locked in there but definitely isn't difficult enough to do that...

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
    crester and MaTtKs1 like this.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

No trouble with mine. Vzw user here.
    crester and MaTtKs1 like this.

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts

I've had the misfortune to have 2 (sent back 'cause voice quality was horrible), both Spens were hard to get out. I'm hoping in loosens up with time. If not, out comes the Dremel.

No issue on my Verizon getting it out. It has become more difficult to access with the Spigen case, but it is not so hard to chip a nail.
    Ronnie Jordan likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by karsdroid View Post
    agreed....its my only gripe about the phone.....i've come down to flipping the phone over, with its **** up, and then taking my thumb nail to push the pen up and out....its like they gave the pen a lip but not enough of one....i have to say i liked my note 2 pen better.
    Just tried this I'm going to take it to Verizon an see if they could help me out.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AuburnGrad View Post
    No issue on my Verizon getting it out. It has become more difficult to access with the Spigen case, but it is not so hard to chip a nail.
    I have the S View cover and a I-Blason wallet case and even without a case it's still hard I'm going to need a manicure just to get my nails looking good.

The first Note 3 was very difficult. I had finally had enough and went to the ATT Corp store. They agreed it was unreasonably difficult. They found that it was the S-Pen itself and just offered to exchange it. See if they will let you test out a different pen.
    Craig
    Phone :: BB880>>BB9000>>Captivate>>Galaxy Note1>>Galaxy Note 3
    Tablet :: B&N Nook >> Xoom >> Nexus 10
    Game/Mini-PC :: Zealz G802 >> Ouya

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Chipping nails? Must be a Verizon thing. Mine is locked in there but definitely isn't difficult enough to do that...

Dito, mine is the same way. Actually I like it this way because my note 2 once dropped and the s pen went flying across the room.. So I like that extra fit the note 3 has.

i love my note 3 until 4 comes along

Quote Originally Posted by mavrrick View Post
    The first Note 3 was very difficult. I had finally had enough and went to the ATT Corp store. They agreed it was unreasonably difficult. They found that it was the S-Pen itself and just offered to exchange it. See if they will let you test out a different pen.
    interesting....thanks, i'll give that a try. cuz really its locked in there.

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLee View Post
    I agree, this version of the S-pen is difficult to get out. I've gotten used to leaving it stick out a bit. If you leave it stick out too far though, the dandy little alarm goes off. Just stick it in until you feel it grab a bit. The alarm will soon teach you when it's in far enough to not sound off and still out enough to easily remove.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts

Well I went to Verizon the sales guy took it like it was nothing of course but then he gave it to the tech woman and she was struggling to take out the pen just like me. The sales guys just kept taking out and it did loosen up a little so he say probably the more I use it it won't be so hard to take out. Yes we tried different pens still the same results so for now I either deal with it or get a different phone which I really don't want to since I fell in love with my gear.
    Thanked by:

my wife's verizon's note 3 is hard to get out. i can remove the s pen but with less effort. maybe since i loosen it up a little bit, because it was harder at first, or maybe i got used to it.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,735 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

I think it is nestled in a bit more than the note 2, but no problems getting it out. Better design as you don't have to worry about what way it is going in.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Mine is difficult to remove as well. Thinking I need to put lube on it or something.

Mine was definitely difficult to get out at first, but has loosened up over time. I like the idea that it's snug, and don't have to worry about it falling out at all.
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts

We'll today I was able to take it out with not to much problem, so it did loosen up and my nails will be better for it.

Yes it's very hard. You actually need a finger nail. And since I'm a man who actually isn't dirty I cut my nails. LOL. So it's even harder. It has loosened up a little but still very hard.

Posted via My Galaxy Note 3
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Mine has definitely loosened after the first week. I use the S Pen quite a lot.

sent from my Note 3
    Note 3
    Note 8.0
    Nexus 10
    crester likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by john248 View Post
    Mine is difficult to remove as well. Thinking I need to put lube on it or something.
    I hope you're joking I definitely would not lubricate anything going inside my phone

Posted via Android Central App
    crester likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by biggerfasterstronger24 View Post
    I hope you're joking I definitely would not lubricate anything going inside my phone

Posted via Android Central App
    ...... He was making a sexual joke... :rolleyes:

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    Please do not elaborate.

from my '14 Note 10.1
    What do you mean? I don't understand.

sent from my Note 3
    Note 3
    Note 8.0
    Nexus 10
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

While we all appreciate some humor, please remember that users of all ages visit this site, so let's try to keep the jokes appropriate please. Thread cleaned.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast