Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery life on Note 3

I'm struggling with poor battery life on my Note3. Doesn't even make it to 6pm most days. Has anyone else found anything that's impacting battery life adversely as I'd heard it was pretty good?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-11-2014 at 10:35 AM.

Default Re: Battery life on Note3

It is pretty good

Tappin From My N3
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Er, no. It's significantly worse than my year-old Note 2 with its year-old battery, running less apps.

Maybe it isn't good to you but for most it's great

Tappin From My N3
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yes, I get that which is why I'm asking the forum if anyone has any ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantmobi View Post
    I'm struggling with poor battery life on my Note3. Doesn't even make it to 6pm most days. Has anyone else found anything that's impacting battery life adversely as I'd heard it was pretty good?
    Have you disabled the s voice, magazine, any apps your not using, refresh rate on apps to the lowest setting, and especially dim the screen a bit. The screen can be a battery hog. Just some suggestions.

I get pretty good battery life on mine. This is today with heavy use.

Palm Treo 600/650/700P/Centro/Blackberry Curve 8330/Tour 9630/Bold 9650/HTC EVO 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SII Touch 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SIII Touch LTE!!!

Yes, I get that which is why I'm asking the forum if anyone has any ideas.
    How many total hours are you getting. Not sure what you are getting only that it lasts till 6pm. What is the screen time. Any screen shots for us to look at. That would give us more info to help you out

Tappin From My N3

Battery life is amazing on this thing....i literally went 24 hours till I reached 1%...that was playing games,texting and surfing the web....i just made just to use complete charging and didn't half charge like I did on my gs3

Posted via Android Central App

Hard to tell you anything.. You didn't give any details.. Lasting till 6 PM doesn't tell me anything. You could have 100% brightness and downloading huge GB files 24/7 on Mobile Data... Which would kill it fast.

No way of judging anything.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Use a program like gsam or better battery stats to get more detailed info on your battery life. Post the screen shots here. It could be a rogue app, cell reception issue or something else like your usage patterns. Like others have said it is almost impossible to judge with the info you have provided.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Strangely enough I'm getting way better battery life with just LTE on than wifi. I find when i'm on Wifi the phone is constantly checking and sending data, on LTE it doesn't do it as often. I'm now almost a full 24 hour use and at around 50 percent charge left on just LTE.

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

I was having problems at first, but I adjusted my location settings, app refresh times, and minor adjustments. If it weren't for streaming music when I drive, I'd be getting far greater than a day. Right now, I'm getting about 20 hours.

Get a full day myself with 5-6 hours screen time
    Owner of- Galaxy Note 3- Galaxy Note Pro 12.2- Galaxy note 8.0- Galaxy Gear 2

The battery life is the last thing I would complain about. I'm coming from an HTC Desire and that was pretty good but I would have to charge it during work around 2-3 hours of use (I use my phone as an mp3 player). This phone last the whole 8 hours of work and then some. Very impressed by the battery Maybe it might not be much for people who are already use to high battery power?

I at first did have horrid battery life, I turned off auto brightness and leave it at about 20%. Also go to advanced settings for your wifi, and turn off always allow scanning, and auto network switch. Those two things alone, allowed me to go from 15 hours to 1 day, 3 hours and something odd mins on a charge. I'm averaging about 6.5 hours screen on time.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

The battery life On the note 3 is absolutely Phenomenal. I've never used a phone with a battery life this good. Will try to post a pic later today.

I'm getting outstanding battery life out of my VZW Note 3. I've enabled power savings mode, only auto-sync necessary apps, and keep my display brightness at ~10 out of 100 (still plenty bright for all situations except bright sunlight outdoors). I've been averaging about 24 hours of total on time with ~7-8 hours of screen time. It's insanely good, I'd say.

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

I say check and see what apps are causing you problems. I've had my note 3 for 2 weeks now and my battery life is starting to get better. I posted some screenshots for today before I placed it on the charger.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery life on Note 3-1382249617522.jpg   Battery life on Note 3-1382249624852.jpg  
    pcdebb likes this.

When I got my Note 2 last year, I was impressed by the battery size (coming from an Iphone 5) and left everything on. Bluetooth, wifi, gps, lots of stuff running on the background. Of course battery life sucked.

Small adjustments on the settings and the battery lasted a full day, considering I use the phone A LOT. Several phone calls and one hundred texts per day, alwas checking emails, placing orders online, playing games at night...

Battery life on the note3 looks even better.

Quote Originally Posted by mspace81 View Post
    I say check and see what apps are causing you problems. I've had my note 3 for 2 weeks now and my battery life is starting to get better. I posted some screenshots for today before I placed it on the charger.

That's amazing battery life
    Owner of- Galaxy Note 3- Galaxy Note Pro 12.2- Galaxy note 8.0- Galaxy Gear 2

Mine was horrible for one day or of nowhere. It was Google services and Facebook that was killing it. I reset Google Play store and Facebook app. Now it's back to getting about 24 hours with about 5 hours of screen time. I don't do anything to get better battery life. I have everything sync as often as possible auto brightness, bluetooth, wifi, gps, auto rotate, ect. always on.

hi guys, any suggestion on my battery life?

Seems to be finishing really fast that i have to charge it everyday.

I only uses WiFi for whatsapp mainly. It finishes around 9 sth everyday
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery life on Note 3-screenshot_2013-10-29-15-20-31.jpg  
    Last edited by Mun Yee; 10-29-2013 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mun Yee View Post
    hi guys, any suggestion on my battery life?

Seems to be finishing really fast that i have to charge it everyday.

I only uses WiFi for whatsapp mainly. It finishes around 9 sth everyday
    you need to run it down more, and post screen on time (> 2 hrs) together with usage list. At a glance, 5hrs, 15%, thats 33 hrs total and not bad.

imgur: the simple image sharer I'm having the same issue. I feel like my battery life isn't as good as it supposed to be from reading how everyone else says their battery life is.

Quote Originally Posted by mspace81 View Post

This is incredible battery. Can you advise what changes you made or what you have on or off. Such as:

Google Now
    Location Services
    Screen brightness
    Wifi

Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast