1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default MHL HDTV Adapter

Can someone recommend a MHL HDTV adapter that works with the N3? I tried two and it didn't work on my N3.

Default Re: MHL HDTV Adapter

Make sure you get the 10 pin adapter, then they will work.
    Banned

Pretty sure its 11 pin also mhl 2.0!?
    OP, just look on ebay. My suggestion though would buy only from someone who has a picture you can zoom in on and see that the label for your device is printed on the box not affixed with a label. Also try and see the upc code on the back. You wamt the date to be after 2012 I believe for the 11pin switch.
    Also I know a lot of people have problems getting it to work because they use aftermarket chargers. You need an oem charger or one that has the Mamp flow of a stock one.
    Also I use an universal hdmi chord by monster. (Not that brand matters)

Source, my experience with three of those adapters.

Posted via Android Central App

I think if you get one thats MHL 2.0 and works with the S4, you will be good with the Note 3. I just bought one but haven't received it yet.

The MHL adapter is a good product but since both this adapter and the Samsung smart dock supports up to 1080p, I would spend a little more and get the smart dock, where it has 3 usb ports and an hdmi output that can turn your phone into a mini computer. See the smart dock working with the Note 3 below if you are interested:

Quote Originally Posted by KSY77 View Post
    The MHL adapter is a good product but since both this adapter and the Samsung smart dock supports up to 1080p, I would spend a little more and get the smart dock, where it has 3 usb ports and an hdmi output that can turn your phone into a mini computer. See the smart dock working with the Note 3 below if you are interested:

So have confirmed that the Smart dock does display in 1080p? Someone on Amazon was saying it doesn't go above 720.