Note 3 ergonomics?

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello!
I was tempted by the Note 3 but now I am afraid of it not being ergonomic enough for holding it long time (more than 10 mins) while walking for exemple.
The thing that let me hate the SGS2 was its very bad ergonomic due to its rectangular design instead of rounded borders,it was too sharp to hold for a long time.
The Note 3 looks like S2 in design so is it as bad as S2 in holding it?

WinePress

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I was surprised by how light it is when I bought it at the store, I thought it would be much heavier, though I never touched a Note 1 or 2.
I took out the battery out other day and noticed the battery feels like it weighs the about the same as the phone without the battery in it.

Also playing certain games with the S-Pen make it so much more fun

Last edited:

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello!
I was tempted by the Note 3 but now I am afraid of it not being ergonomic enough for holding it long time (more than 10 mins) while walking for exemple.
The thing that let me hate the SGS2 was its very bad ergonomic due to its rectangular design instead of rounded borders,it was too sharp to hold for a long time.

I find the phone very easy to hold. It is large enough that if you hold it in landscape, my hands are comfortable, and don't feel intertwind. I can one hand the phone pretty easy, and one hand and the S-pen in the other, is perfect.

icnmayhem

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
making rounded borders would have made the phone even bigger. if you use a case, that may change the ergonomics more to your liking.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Hello!

Interesting you bring this up. The moto x is the best to hold in the hand. I found myself either holding the phone closer to my face or looking down more to see it. With the size of the note 3 screen I can have a lot less fatigue because I don't have to have it close to me or bend down to see it. The reality is the ergonomics are great for long periods of use.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello!

IMHO Samsung did a good job of making the Note 3 manageable and shaped in a way that's comfortable to hold... so I don't think the phone is a problem. What MAY be a problem is the CASE. I tried a case that made the phone noticeably bigger and it's square shape dug into my hand and made it comfortable to hold sometimes. So just make sure you choose a case that's comfortable and thin enough that it's comfortable to hold in one hand then you'll be okay. Otherwise if you don't use cases... the Note 3 itself is very comfortable to hold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool