Who resisted and who wishes they'd resisted?

Chris Flowers

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I fit in the former category. I was hell bent on upgrading from II to III but I'm somewhat glad I resisted now. Whilst the III is a nice piece of kit, I feel Samsung missed a beat with it. No fingerprint scanner, no wireless charging to name a couple. It also feels rushed out. There's a number of QA issues, the wonky home button for one.

I think I'll hold out and see what the IV will offer. Rumours already floating about.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

FanOfAnything

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
To me the fingerprint scanner is a turn off for me also I wouldn't like the wireless charger because it's not fully develop it's gonna take longer to charge in my opinion I would rather wait for when its going to be of use.
But I kinda regretted getting the note 3 abit. Lol

From my beast Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Gbsa

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I stayed with my note 2, glad I did. The 3 seems to have some serious problems, call quality, lose home button, bad camera, bad speaker and wifi issues. Granted not all of the 3s are having these problems but a significant amount of them are.

sent from my fabulous galaxy note 2

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I think that some of the issues that were reported for the Note 3 have been a little overblown. I'm definitely glad that I pulled the trigger. But I will honestly say, if I still had my Note 2 before purchasing the Note 3 I don't think that I would have gotten it. I had sold my Note 2 for an iPhone 5 (sacrilege). So when the 3 came out I jumped on it

Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my Galaxy Note 3.

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I think that some of the issues that were reported for the Note 3 have been a little overblown. I'm definitely glad that I pulled the trigger. But I will honestly say, if I still had my Note 2 before purchasing the Note 3 I don't think that I would have gotten it. I had sold my Note 2 for an iPhone 5 (sacrilege). So when the 3 came out I jumped on it

Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my Galaxy Note 3.

I'm in the same boat, I am not sure if I would have been able to justify a 2 -3 jump. The note 2 (up until this point) was the best phone I've ever had. No lag, all day battery, amazing screen, etc etc etc. I also foolishly tried the iPhone 5 (I like to go back and forth every few devices) and I jumped on this note 3 as soon as I could.

I haven't had any build quality issues what so ever, actually this has probably been the most solid / premium feeling phone I've ever used.

Note 3 <Caesars>

carter17

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Got it the day after it came out. The note 3 is a boss, love the screen size running smooth. I had call issues for about 2 days just really choppy no matter what the signal was but for the past few days it's been clear. Wonder if it was a network thing?

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'd be turned off with a fingerprint scanner..

I am in neither category. I am 110% glad I got this phone.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
If I had not jumped from the Galaxy Note to the S4, I may have gotten the Note 3. What I love about the Note is that the battery lasts longer and I don't have to charge it like all the time.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I stayed with my note 2, glad I did. The 3 seems to have some serious problems, call quality, lose home button, bad camera, bad speaker and wifi issues. Granted not all of the 3s are having these problems but a significant amount of them are.

I dumped my Note 2 for the 3, and couldn't be happier. The lighter weight, slimmer form factor and better feel in the hand was enough for me. I don't miss the 2 at all.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Well, I resisted note 2, because its ppi was just too low. I think note 3 has most of what I need for next 4-5 years: nice screen, large and removable battery, pretty good system.

@T-Mobile GN3

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I'd be turned off with a fingerprint scanner..

I am in neither category. I am 110% glad I got this phone.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

I am right there with you.. the Note 3 is the chit, anyway you look at it.. Plus, Samsung is seems to be pumping out winners about every 6 months, So, I have my upgrade thing going with Tmobile, and as soon as an S5 or Note 4, whichever comes first, I am jumping on board.. Sheesh, we only passing this way one time, and hear tell, if we do come back, we not coming back with two legs, and two arms to hold a smartphone.. Ho Ho Ho.. :D

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't have any problems with my note 3. I mainly got out because I had an upgrade available and read able to get it for $90 on Verizon release day. Still way more expensive than the $37 I paid for my note 2 but honestly both process were kinda a fluke. Honestly the note 2 ran just fine as well. But the note 3 screen is better... Sharper and can be used in direct sunlight easily. The Note 2 is a bit hard to see in direct sunlight.

I thought the fingerprint scanner would be hard to use but it ran surprisingly well on my wife's 5s. It is a nice feature if done right (i.e. Not max style, imo)

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

JB802

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

Having none of those problems, the speaker is fine, as good as my iPhone 5, the camera is great, but is a cell phone camera so there are compromises, the build quality is solid, nothing loose on mine.

the wifi problems are legit but solved with unchecking a setting and I suspect well be seeing the same update Europe got soon

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Bianca Horkan

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I've put off getting it...but only because I'm waiting until some more of the bugs have been worked out and I save up a bit more money to off set the Edge program monthly fees.

Keeping up on all the topics is crazy...and almost like a part-time job! LOL

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I am very glad I got this phone. We just got my wifes iPhone 5S that has been backordered, and it is so tiny. There is no way I would have wanted a screen that small, not sure what I would have gotten, instead, when I moved from the iPhone 4S.

There might be some issues out there, but there always are when you are an early adopter. We will see how long it takes to fix, hopefully its something that can be tweaked with updates. I get the electronic feedback on a few calls, but I think that will get fixed. Seems like maybe they can tweak some settings.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I went from the original Note to being able to upgrade to the 3. I dearly love it but have to admit that every now and then when I'm on my Note 10.1..... I wonder if I should have upgraded to a Note 2 and gotten the Note 10.1 2014 instead..... But all in all, I really do love the 3 and think if I had upgraded the tablet instead, I'd be disappointed I didn't have the 3. I love the new features.

xcsdm

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm considering. I can get a Note 3 from work, and would consider the Gear just to make mundane tasks easier than pulling out a huge phone all the time.

I currently have an iPhone 5S. I'm heavily invested in Apple App Store apps. I'm used an iPhone since the 3g, and have spent hundreds of dollars on apps. This is the one thing that holds, and may continue to hold me back. Personally, I think the Note/Gear combo is near perfect for my daily stuff. For the moment, and iPhone 5S with a pebble isn't quite there.

But the APPS!?

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I fit in the former category. I was hell bent on upgrading from II to III but I'm somewhat glad I resisted now. Whilst the III is a nice piece of kit, I feel Samsung missed a beat with it. No fingerprint scanner, no wireless charging to name a couple. It also feels rushed out. There's a number of QA issues, the wonky home button for one.

I think I'll hold out and see what the IV will offer. Rumours already floating about.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Samsung will be skipping finger printer scanning, and will go to eye scanning technology (rumor).

Forget fingerprint sensors: the Galaxy S5 could feature eye-scanning technology [Rumor] | SamMobile

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
No fingerprint scanner, no wireless charging to name a couple. It also feels rushed out. There's a number of QA issues, the wonky home button for one.

Got it, glad I did.

I was surprised to head about the no wireless charging, since I am watching it wirelessly charge as I type this. Perhaps you are mistaken. (http://www.droid-life.com/2013/09/2...-3-to-include-s-view-cover-and-s-charger-kit/)

It doesn't have a fingerprint scanner. Frankly though, the fingerprint scanner on the back of a device is a joke. Its more work then it saves. Until they come out with smaller ones that can hide in the home button, I think I would rather have a smaller device. iPhones make the tradeoff of a bigger device for a large home button. I am willing to take a bigger device for a bigger screen, but not for bigger buttons.

I'm not sure which QA issues you mean. The wonky home button seems to have been one of those "overspread by the internet" things. Mine seems to be perfect.

I would say that on every level this is a great upgrade. Everything just works a little better, and having 32gb internal instead of 16 is fantastic. I used to sit at 1-2GB free all the time and had to worry about cleaning up caches. Now I have about 12GB of video stored internally and I still have 5GB free and I don't think about the storage programs use at all.

It also feels much nicer to hold.

I guess I would say if you want to remain happy you didn't upgrade, don't go and play with one in the store. It will make it much harder to maintain the illusion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781