Stock music player starts when bluetooth connects

dsx968

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to prevent the device from starting the stock music player when the bluetooth connects in my car? I cannot find any setting anywhere. It did the same thing on my S3 so it obviously isn't just device, or even carrier specific, since I also switched from Sprint.
I searched all of the phone settings and the music player settings and can't find anything about starting automatically on connect. I must be missing something.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Try closing everything and turning off the Note. When you turn it back on, check your task manager and see if you have a music or media player already running. I forget what the app was, but I had one of those and it had a setting so that it was ready to record music. I tracked it down because my battery usage went up and netflix started acting funny. Here the darn thing was recording the theme songs! Once I found the folder, there were also brief files from ads, very frustrating! It was a default setting where the choice was play music upon start or record. But the only way I found it was by checking the task manager and tracing it's activity.

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to say but it's most likely your car that's doing it. Mine has the option to turn that on or off though.

Does anyone know how to prevent the device from starting the stock music player when the bluetooth connects in my car? I cannot find any setting anywhere. It did the same thing on my S3 so it obviously isn't just device, or even carrier specific, since I also switched from Sprint.
I searched all of the phone settings and the music player settings and can't find anything about starting automatically on connect. I must be missing something.

dsx968

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I'll have to into it and check it out. Makes sense. Once the music started playing and i couldn't find any open app on my phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I have Ford Sync and mine will auto connect to Poweramp...even if it is not open and simply in my app drawer. I also have Rocket, N7, ProPlayer and the stock samsung player.
If you turn on an audio source before you connect...it should stay on once connected.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app

dsx968

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I want to be able to choose what app starts playing before it starts. I might want Slacker or iHeartRadio instead.

dsx968

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Today I was listening to Doubletwist. I left it on both in truck and phone. Went into a store and came back. Turned on my truck and then Amazon player started on its own even though I left Doubletwist open. I never even use the Amazon player.

blazin247

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem on my S3, and have it on my Note 3 also. I only ever use Google Music All Access, but there is no "set to default player" settings for it. Whenever headphones are plugged in or bluetooth in my car is detected, the stock Samsung music player starts up, despite my having never used it and having nothing loaded on my phone except ringtones. It's maddeningly annoying, and I hate rooting, have no desire to root, but may have to if that's what it takes to disable the stock music player from auto starting.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
What is the stock music app called anyway? I have never seen it.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

dsx968

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't have this problem when I connect headphones. I was rooted on my S3 and still had the same issues in the car though.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I use blutetooh headphones every day and this has never happened once.

App8ite

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Install a music player with more options to control this. Stock Media Player prob has an intent (dev speak) for system trigger for head phones or car stereo output new connection to trigger the media player to open.

Is it really that infuriating though?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Install a music player with more options to control this. Stock Media Player prob has an intent (dev speak) for system trigger for head phones or car stereo output new connection to trigger the media player to open.

Is it really that infuriating though?

Well then wouldn't that mean everyone's would do this?

Godfather64

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
It's NOT the car. My phone starts Poweramp whenever ANY bluetooth device connects (SYNC system, LG Bluetooth Stereo headset, Emerson Bluetooth headset). It did it with my old HTC Rezound phone and my new HTC One. It has to be either Android or HTC, but from what I've read this happens on many other phone brands too (all Androids) so that should narrow it down to an Android issue.

Anthony Julian

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
It is not only android - Windows phone 8 on Nokia does the same thing - sort of. When I use bluetooth voice commands, half of the time when I finish with bluetooth I get the music player. It is annoying.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae