Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Whatever suits me

Default Stock music player starts when bluetooth connects

Does anyone know how to prevent the device from starting the stock music player when the bluetooth connects in my car? I cannot find any setting anywhere. It did the same thing on my S3 so it obviously isn't just device, or even carrier specific, since I also switched from Sprint.
    I searched all of the phone settings and the music player settings and can't find anything about starting automatically on connect. I must be missing something.

Default Re: Stock music player starts when bluetooth connects

Try closing everything and turning off the Note. When you turn it back on, check your task manager and see if you have a music or media player already running. I forget what the app was, but I had one of those and it had a setting so that it was ready to record music. I tracked it down because my battery usage went up and netflix started acting funny. Here the darn thing was recording the theme songs! Once I found the folder, there were also brief files from ads, very frustrating! It was a default setting where the choice was play music upon start or record. But the only way I found it was by checking the task manager and tracing it's activity.

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

Sorry to say but it's most likely your car that's doing it. Mine has the option to turn that on or off though.

Quote Originally Posted by dsx968 View Post
    Does anyone know how to prevent the device from starting the stock music player when the bluetooth connects in my car? I cannot find any setting anywhere. It did the same thing on my S3 so it obviously isn't just device, or even carrier specific, since I also switched from Sprint.
    I searched all of the phone settings and the music player settings and can't find anything about starting automatically on connect. I must be missing something.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Whatever suits me

I'll have to into it and check it out. Makes sense. Once the music started playing and i couldn't find any open app on my phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

I have Ford Sync and mine will auto connect to Poweramp...even if it is not open and simply in my app drawer. I also have Rocket, N7, ProPlayer and the stock samsung player.
    If you turn on an audio source before you connect...it should stay on once connected.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app

What would you like your phone to do when Bluetooth connects. If you want to select WHICH player, you could use this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...y.music.player

If you want it to NOTHING then I haven't seen a stock solution to that.
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    Whatever suits me

I want to be able to choose what app starts playing before it starts. I might want Slacker or iHeartRadio instead.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    Whatever suits me

Today I was listening to Doubletwist. I left it on both in truck and phone. Went into a store and came back. Turned on my truck and then Amazon player started on its own even though I left Doubletwist open. I never even use the Amazon player.

I had this problem on my S3, and have it on my Note 3 also. I only ever use Google Music All Access, but there is no "set to default player" settings for it. Whenever headphones are plugged in or bluetooth in my car is detected, the stock Samsung music player starts up, despite my having never used it and having nothing loaded on my phone except ringtones. It's maddeningly annoying, and I hate rooting, have no desire to root, but may have to if that's what it takes to disable the stock music player from auto starting.

What is the stock music app called anyway? I have never seen it.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    What is the stock music app called anyway? I have never seen it.

Just Music player.

Posted via Android Central App
    zmann likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

ROM
    Whatever suits me

I don't have this problem when I connect headphones. I was rooted on my S3 and still had the same issues in the car though.

I use blutetooh headphones every day and this has never happened once.

love my evo.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Mine doesn't either. I get a beep and the notification changes to connected and remains on home screen.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Install a music player with more options to control this. Stock Media Player prob has an intent (dev speak) for system trigger for head phones or car stereo output new connection to trigger the media player to open.

Is it really that infuriating though?

Quote Originally Posted by App8ite View Post
    Install a music player with more options to control this. Stock Media Player prob has an intent (dev speak) for system trigger for head phones or car stereo output new connection to trigger the media player to open.

Well then wouldn't that mean everyone's would do this?

love my evo.

mine does start player when headphones are plugged in, all stock, I have the EU version

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    ROM
    Virtuous Sense 3.0

It's your car not the phone

It's NOT the car. My phone starts Poweramp whenever ANY bluetooth device connects (SYNC system, LG Bluetooth Stereo headset, Emerson Bluetooth headset). It did it with my old HTC Rezound phone and my new HTC One. It has to be either Android or HTC, but from what I've read this happens on many other phone brands too (all Androids) so that should narrow it down to an Android issue.

It is not only android - Windows phone 8 on Nokia does the same thing - sort of. When I use bluetooth voice commands, half of the time when I finish with bluetooth I get the music player. It is annoying.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by App8ite View Post
    Well not exactly infuriating, however it's extremely inconvenient.

Example, sometimes I'm in a hurry and don't want to put the phone in my car dock.
    I start the car, bt connects and I get the lame over the river stock samsung jingle going on through the speakers; cute.
    Now I gotta dig my phone out, close the stock app and load my main app (which happens to be spotify).

Now this doesn't always happen, I'd say like 50% of the time. When it works, and spotify loads where it last was it's beautiful.

I have something that may work. You want to Beta test it?

I'm the developer of Bluetooth Connect & Play You can find my email address in the Store. Email me if you want to try a beta test.

..cp2

Quote Originally Posted by benski View Post
    Well not exactly infuriating, however it's extremely inconvenient.

Example, sometimes I'm in a hurry and don't want to put the phone in my car dock.
    I start the car, bt connects and I get the lame over the river stock samsung jingle going on through the speakers; cute.
    Now I gotta dig my phone out, close the stock app and load my main app (which happens to be spotify).

Now this doesn't always happen, I'd say like 50% of the time. When it works, and spotify loads where it last was it's beautiful.

Try this app: Bluetooth Connect & Play

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carlparziale View Post
    Thanks! I will give this a try.

Quote Originally Posted by dsx968 View Post
    Try this so to STOP a player. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....and.stop.play

Try this app to select a player to PLAY: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...y.music.player
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast