Freebie Apps on the Galaxy Note 3

kentc0209

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
If you go to the Samsung site, they list "content gifts for the Galaxy Note 3". Sadly, I only received 2 of the 11 mentioned. Was anyone else successful in getting the "free" apps. I've attached a screenshot of the apps we were "supposed" to get. Also, while we're on the topic, has anyone accidentally discovered any free apps (that are normally charged apps) while scrolling the play store. I, for one, received Madden 2K14 for free and I believe this is normally a charged app. Are there any others out there??

2013-10-19 11.16.11.png

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, can't help you with the free apps from Samsung, but I can tell you the Play Store has frequent sales. Sometimes they offer apps for free, other times they are just on sale at a discount.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Verizon user.

Most of the installed on my device when I logged into the Samsung Store app. I then went and deleted or disabled them.

The only two I cared about were the Evernote and the Angry birds bonuses. I got the Angry birds freebie after completing the first level. I got the Evernote bonus the when I launched the app. Both apps had to first be downloaded form the google play store.

ebedner

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
You can download them directly from the Samsung App store. They are all under the category "Content Gifts"...

kentc0209

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Verizon user.

Most of the installed on my device when I logged into the Samsung Store app. I then went and deleted or disabled them.

The only two I cared about were the Evernote and the Angry birds bonuses. I got the Angry birds freebie after completing the first level. I got the Evernote bonus the when I launched the app. Both apps had to first be downloaded form the google play store.
Thanks this is great! How do I get to Samsung Apps? I was able to access it through my stock web browser on my phone, but the download did not begin automatically. For example, when I click on the Oxford Dictionary in the Play Store it shows as $29.99. How do I get it for free?

ebedner

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm... I'm on Verizon and it installed today using Google Maps in navigator mode when it prompted me to download HD voice. Maybe it's somewhere in Samsung hub?

kentc0209

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm... I'm on Verizon and it installed today using Google Maps in navigator mode when it prompted me to download HD voice. Maybe it's somewhere in Samsung hub?

I'm on Verizon too. Is there an app icon I can click on to get to Samsung Apps?

kentc0209

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so I was finally able to figure it out after piecing info from both @ebedner and @mrmlk and another thread here on Android Central. You have to first download Samsung Apps to your phone. There could be an easier way, but what I did was go to Settings > Language and Input > Text-to-speech options > Listen to an example... then when prompted click OK to download HD Voice from Samsung Apps. This begins the download process for Samsung Apps. From there, go to Content Gifts.
Screenshot: image.jpg

One more question though: how do I get the dropbox offer (50GB free for 2 years)? I don't see this option under Content Gifts. The rest are there (except dropbox and blurb).

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks this is great! How do I get to Samsung Apps? I was able to access it through my stock web browser on my phone, but the download did not begin automatically. For example, when I click on the Oxford Dictionary in the Play Store it shows as $29.99. How do I get it for free?
I just checked for Oxford Dictionary in the play store and for me it comes out free............

howdidoo

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Wow! That I would like to know... I didn't get a Dropbox offer...

I installed Dropbox on phone and signed in using my existing ID. It was automatically upgraded to 50GB upon signing in and I recvd an email from Dropbox informing this formally that it is courtesy Samsung.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I installed Dropbox on phone and signed in using my existing ID. It was automatically upgraded to 50GB upon signing in and I recvd an email from Dropbox informing this formally that it is courtesy Samsung.

Which carrier do you have? I tried it on Verizon and no such luck.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro