Netflix from Note 3 to tv?

dakeb

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: netflix from note3 to tv?

You can pick up a Nintendo Wii cheaply (?35 at Argos in UK) and run Netflix from there.

Streaming may be possible with a wired connection from the Note 3 but I'm not sure how without some research.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

BeyondMeasure

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the heads up on chromecast i may pick that up if its the only alternative... but its not quite what i meant.... i meant conpeletly hardwareless.... no devicing loke say via some some sort of server or something.

@dakeb i have a ps3 the problem isnt that.
I meant for when i go to someones house who doesnt have a console or smart tv....?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the heads up on chromecast i may pick that up if its the only alternative... but its not quite what i meant.... i meant conpeletly hardwareless.... no devicing loke say via some some sort of server or something.

@dakeb i have a ps3 the problem isnt that.
I meant for when i go to someones house who doesnt have a console or smart tv....?

No? How could you stream to the TV that doesn't have an features built in and stream Netflix to the TV? Or any hardware one a PC attached to the TV? The TV can't know how to work with a streaming service unless it's built to.. Or something connected to it that can do it. Another way you could do this would be to have you phone hooked up to the TV via HDMI.

That's like saying you want to drive a car but without the hardware (wheels) to do so.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

Note 3 supports TV out via MHL. Get an MHL to HDMI adapter and you can plug the phone directly into the TV. I use it to plug into my computer monitor for gaming mostly. Works pretty good.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
MHL adapter is great if you want to essentially mirror what is on the phones screen. Make sure it is the 11 pin one

The Samsung smart dock for the Note 2 and S4 has a hdmi port as well.

If your only concern is Netflix though chrome cast is probably the best way to get the video to the tv.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

MaTtKs1

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site

I just screen mirror to my television through my receiver. Mind you all of my hardware is Samsung.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

I just picked up a Chromecast for Netflix and it's great! Let us know if you decide on getting one.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AC Forums mobile app

Jason Winrow

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site

Hi mate you need a samsung link box . This will stream to any tv thats not a smart tv as the bx only connects via HDMI . With this unit you can stream anything !!! as it mirrors your screen and also you can bypass sky tv also with this as the app cannot pick up the block . Any how why are you using netflix ?? I can send you info o how to get any film and tv series through primewire and xbmc which is free and will also work through your note 3 as this is how mine is set up . If your unsure ask what ever you like and i will upload a video on how you do this for you ,
cheers

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

Chromcast is just fabulous. Best 30 bucks I ever spent. There is a Chrome cast app called avia that lets you watch almost any video on the tv. In any case, Netflix looks amazing through chromcast. Very good quality.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

Helppleaze

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site

Hi mate you need a samsung link box . This will stream to any tv thats not a smart tv as the bx only connects via HDMI . With this unit you can stream anything !!! as it mirrors your screen and also you can bypass sky tv also with this as the app cannot pick up the block . Any how why are you using netflix ?? I can send you info o how to get any film and tv series through primewire and xbmc which is free and will also work through your note 3 as this is how mine is set up . If your unsure ask what ever you like and i will upload a video on how you do this for you ,
cheers

How does prime wire work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress