f.lux lovers

emiinn

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey

Are you guys missing f.lux too?
I used to use it on my iphones, and it's so great and protective for your eyes when the sun goes down. Even have it on my laptop and tablet.

It's really disappointing they haven't got it for android..

I've found a similar app for android called twilight but it filters in a kinda red color.
Would be better if it stayed on 3200-3400K.

Posted via Android Central App

emiinn

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
F.lux filters your screens to a "yellowish" halogen color to protect your eyes at night.
It goes automatic after the sun goes down at your location. And it fades to halogen, so it goes 1kelvin by 1kelvin.
I think a normal screen is around 5000-7000k. And when its dark in your area it reduces to 3400k to protect your eyes
Maybe you should look up a sample video on youtube. My first impression was; i dont need this. Now I cant without in the dark. It's so eye-friendly

ScottGeek

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
F.lux filters your screens to a "yellowish" halogen color to protect your eyes at night.
It goes automatic after the sun goes down at your location. And it fades to halogen, so it goes 1kelvin by 1kelvin.
I think a normal screen is around 5000-7000k. And when its dark in your area it reduces to 3400k to protect your eyes
Maybe you should look up a sample video on youtube. My first impression was; i dont need this. Now I cant without in the dark. It's so eye-friendly

So, under settings within the display you will see something called Screen Mode... there are number of selections you can make to tweak the coloring on the screen... one of those is Adapt display... this sounds somewhat as to what you are referring to.... yeah, it doesn't speak in terms of kelvin white light adjustment as these are fixed positions... but it does effect color tinting... some of which are better on the eye depending on context and light levels.... :)

Jocelyn84

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Look for Easy Eyez in the play store. It does the exact same thing, and you'll need to enable manually with the free version, while the paid version fits it automatically.

Edit - Also, reading mode works similarly.