Note 3: Screen Protectors

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Screen Protectors

Just installed the Mime ghost tempered glass screen protector. It was really easy. Does add a little thickness though. The home button is now recessed just slightly.

Posted via Android Central App

Do you have those irritating bubbles problem?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

The SPCS Guy

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site

Have you got the ones from Spigen yet? I think those are the ones that come in a package of three. I'm still waiting to see what people here say about the screen responsiveness with the S-Pen. I had no issues with them on the Note 2, so I don't know why there would be an issue with these.

Yup, they were in the mailbox today. I just took the fellowes off and put the Spigen on. The Fellowes seems to be fingerprint prone. Although the fitting, is about 95% identical to the Spigen.
I recommend going for the $9.99 Spigen deal on amazon (plus shipping). $24.99 for th Fellowes @ the cell store is a little OCD. No one should spend that kind of money in the cell store on screen protectors.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Not that I notice. There was one spot that had a little one but it pressed out before I was done. I did the trick I heard about with steam in the bathroom to keep the dust under control.

The only thing I have noticed is that with the added thickness a few things have changed. 1. The home button is now slightly recessed. 2. Now instead of the fake metal around the screen making a lip the glass screen protector provides a raised texture on the edges.

Screen still works great and the feeling of glass is much nicer then the crappy zagg sp I used years ago with my captivate and xoom.

ScottGeek

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

Amazon.com: SPIGEN Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Screen Protector [Crystal Clear][3-PACK]**JAPANESE BASE PET FILM** Premium Front Screen Protector - Crystal CR (SGP10449): Cell Phones & Accessories (yeap I know this was posted already)

This is the one that works for me... Went from a Zagg Clear to the SPIGEN on my GN2 and hands down the performance of the protector when using the S-Pen... oh ya. The Zagg one would leave lines where the pen was used. It seems that the softer the plastic the more likely to get those trace lines. Yeaper. I did use one of my older GN2 protector on my GN3... believe it or not they do fit, but you have to be very careful to get them aligned with the screen... maybe at some point I will get off my lazy back side and order the GN3 ones :).

The screen responsiveness- I can not tell any reduction that really matters. There is a slight reduction when compared to the Zagg protector, but the Zagg one leaves trace lines... so I will be staying with the Spigen ones.

~ScottGeek

sal the wop

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site

Had Zagg and ghost armor on previous phones. Bought the Verizon brand protector from the store for my note 3 until I get one of these, and the damn cheap verizon one feels and looks better....... uhhhh, guess I'll stay put for now...hahahah!!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site

Not that I notice. There was one spot that had a little one but it pressed out before I was done. I did the trick I heard about with steam in the bathroom to keep the dust under control.

The only thing I have noticed is that with the added thickness a few things have changed. 1. The home button is now slightly recessed. 2. Now instead of the fake metal around the screen making a lip the glass screen protector provides a raised texture on the edges.

Screen still works great and the feeling of glass is much nicer then the crappy zagg sp I used years ago with my captivate and xoom.

So that means that the glass screen protector makes the phone kinda 'flat'

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

Do you have those irritating bubbles problem?

With temperd glass screen protectors there are never bubbles. If you have a few after install they 100 percent vanish after 48 hours.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site

With temperd glass screen protectors there are never bubbles. If you have a few after install they 100 percent vanish after 48 hours.

Sounds kinda good but they are quite expensive too, right?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

I don't think 27 dollars is that expensive for the one and only screen protector you will ever have to buy.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Much cheaper than the cost of a cracked screen. Tempered glass screen protector won't guarantee no cracked screen but certainly reduce the risk.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Weaser999

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site

I bought a caseology screen protector off ebay for 7 bucks. Very thin and virtually invisible. Not as smooth as glass but still sensitive and can be used with the Spen no problems.

c1971ace

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

I got an INVELLOP tempered screen protector off Amazon for $5.94 shipped. Fits perfect and works awesome!

Quad150db

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

I am someone who historically hates screen protectors, however I started using spigen on my note 2 after it was replaced because my first note 2 seemed to get hairline scratches very easily.

I absolutely love these screen protectors. I honestly cannot tell they are even in the phone at all !

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
As far as cost goes depends on what you compare it to.

The Mime Ghost Tempered Glass SP I got was 25. The Zagg I got for my Captivate and old Moto xoom was 30 for each.

I know I can't go back after having this one now. The real selling point for me was the added protection. Even found a video were someone took a hammer to it. The SP was trashed but the S3 glass underneath was fine. Now that I have it installed the feel of glass is also awesome.

Going to press my mom to get one once she fixes her screen on her s4. If she had one her screen would probably be ok.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

Who is using a screen protector with their Note 3? What kind is everyone using? Any issues with sensitivity - in particular with the S-Pen?

I'm debating on picking up a Note and I looked into my usual screen protectors, those made by SGP, and a few of the reviews on Amazon say that the S-Pen doesn't work as well anymore. I was wondering what the kind commenters of Android Central had to say about this, as I trust you guys more than the random reviewers on Amazon.

Thanks!

life is too short for screen protectors.

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Just installed the Mime ghost tempered glass screen protector. It was really easy. Does add a little thickness though. The home button is now recessed just slightly.

The home button recessing also happens with the BodyGuardz brand. But include three colored (white, black, pink) home button stickers that are slightly raised just for this purpose.

OKATVRIDER

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Just using the stock screen protector. ..figured since it had gorilla glass it should be good to go lol...I have the incipio case

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance