Note 3: Screen Protectors

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Who is using a screen protector with their Note 3? What kind is everyone using? Any issues with sensitivity - in particular with the S-Pen?

I'm debating on picking up a Note and I looked into my usual screen protectors, those made by SGP, and a few of the reviews on Amazon say that the S-Pen doesn't work as well anymore. I was wondering what the kind commenters of Android Central had to say about this, as I trust you guys more than the random reviewers on Amazon.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Screen Protectors

Who is using a screen protector with their Note 3? What kind is everyone using? Any issues with sensitivity - in particular with the S-Pen?

I'm debating on picking up a Note and I looked into my usual screen protectors, those made by SGP, and a few of the reviews on Amazon say that the S-Pen doesn't work as well anymore. I was wondering what the kind commenters of Android Central had to say about this, as I trust you guys more than the random reviewers on Amazon.

Thanks!

I don't know if this counts but I used those ****ty screen protectors on my Note. So far, so good.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

As is already being discussed at length in other threads on this subject,, seems most people, including myself are going the temperd glass screen protector route.. I have been using one for 2 years now and simply is the best. Nothing better then still having that glass touch feel to go along with the incredible protection.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

infinity12402

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

i hate hate hate screen protectors. i tried a zagg one on my original droid back in the day, and ive hated them every since. i just go naked. nothing bad has every happened to my phones, and the screen gets to look great.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

As is already being discussed at length in other threads on this subject,, seems most people, including myself are going the temperd glass screen protector route.. I have been using one for 2 years now and simply is the best. Nothing better then still having that glass touch feel to go along with the incredible protection.

Thanks. I looked around and didn't see anything posted. My fault for clogging the forums. Do you have to use the spare button they provide, or does it work without it?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

Check out memi temperd glass screen protectors,, they are awesome. 28 dollars is not bad for the look and feel you get. Well worth it. I apologize if there are no dedicated threads to this subject. I have been in threads where this was discussed at length but I to don't seem to see a DEDICATED thread on this subject.

The SPCS Guy

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site

I bought the ones from the T-Mobile store. Fellowes, and I also purchased a set from Amazon called: SPIGEN Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Screen Protector for $9.99. Definitely not bad. I'll use the OVERPRICED set that TMo charged me $24.99 for , until the new set arrives.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

Check out memi temperd glass screen protectors,, they are awesome. 28 dollars is not bad for the look and feel you get. Well worth it. I apologize if there are no dedicated threads to this subject. I have been in threads where this was discussed at length but I to don't seem to see a DEDICATED thread on this subject.

I checked those out, they look pretty good. Do they work with any cases? Or do you know? I like to have just a minimal Diztronic case for a little protection.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

I bought the ones from the T-Mobile store. Fellowes, and I also purchased a set from Amazon called: SPIGEN Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Screen Protector for $9.99. Definitely not bad. I'll use the OVERPRICED set that TMo charged me $24.99 for , until the new set arrives.

Have you got the ones from Spigen yet? I think those are the ones that come in a package of three. I'm still waiting to see what people here say about the screen responsiveness with the S-Pen. I had no issues with them on the Note 2, so I don't know why there would be an issue with these.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

dont know the brand, Tmo store gave me since I paid the whole thing up front. Works great.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

I checked those out, they look pretty good. Do they work with any cases? Or do you know? I like to have just a minimal Diztronic case for a little protection.

They have no effect on Cases.

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I'm using a BodyGuardz tempered glass screen protector I picked up from an AT&T corporate store several weeks back. No issues with S Pen sensitivity. However, I used to be able to use my fingernail with the bare screen when selecting things and can longer do that with this screen protector (makes me wonder how the increased touch sensitivity will work with the tempered glass screen protector and gloves this winter). I haven't dropped the phone yet, so I don't know how it protects in a face-down fall (I have a case with a lip around the screen anyway). I've used two cases on my phone so far with the lip around the screen having no effect on the screen protector (no lifting at the edges yet).

yellowcanary73

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

Using Tech Armor HD Clear $6.95 includes 3 protectors plus free shipping so far it works great.

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I have the bodyguardz from att. They installed it free, though a bit pricey. I also got some cheap ones, a 3 pack for 47 cents to use as a spare in the event that my bodyguardz one gets damaged.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I'm using a BodyGuardz tempered glass screen protector I picked up from an AT&T corporate store several weeks back. No issues with S Pen sensitivity. However, I used to be able to use my fingernail with the bare screen when selecting things and can longer do that with this screen protector (makes me wonder how the increased touch sensitivity will work with the tempered glass screen protector and gloves this winter). I haven't dropped the phone yet, so I don't know how it protects in a face-down fall (I have a case with a lip around the screen anyway). I've used two cases on my phone so far with the lip around the screen having no effect on the screen protector (no lifting at the edges yet).

That's weird. I can use my fingernails even with the bodyguardz that I got from att. I have a Verizon variant, but I don't think that that should make a difference

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

dcooper830

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

I just use the SuperSheildz I got off Ebay. $6.00 for 6 of em. First one I put on, I got nearly perfect (one tiny air bubble).. feels nice... no loss of sensitivity.
I'm very happy with it (them).

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site

I just use the SuperSheildz I got off Ebay. $6.00 for 6 of em. First one I put on, I got nearly perfect (one tiny air bubble).. feels nice... no loss of sensitivity.
I'm very happy with it (them).

Do they give you in 6 separate sheets?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Just installed the Mime ghost tempered glass screen protector. It was really easy. Does add a little thickness though. The home button is now recessed just slightly.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR