Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3: Screen Protectors

Who is using a screen protector with their Note 3? What kind is everyone using? Any issues with sensitivity - in particular with the S-Pen?

I'm debating on picking up a Note and I looked into my usual screen protectors, those made by SGP, and a few of the reviews on Amazon say that the S-Pen doesn't work as well anymore. I was wondering what the kind commenters of Android Central had to say about this, as I trust you guys more than the random reviewers on Amazon.

Thanks!

Default Re: Screen Protectors

Quote Originally Posted by Wildo6882 View Post
    Who is using a screen protector with their Note 3? What kind is everyone using? Any issues with sensitivity - in particular with the S-Pen?

I'm debating on picking up a Note and I looked into my usual screen protectors, those made by SGP, and a few of the reviews on Amazon say that the S-Pen doesn't work as well anymore. I was wondering what the kind commenters of Android Central had to say about this, as I trust you guys more than the random reviewers on Amazon.

Thanks!
    I don't know if this counts but I used those ****ty screen protectors on my Note. So far, so good.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by tastycaramel View Post
    I don't know if this counts but I used those ****ty screen protectors on my Note. So far, so good.

The ones from SGP?

As is already being discussed at length in other threads on this subject,, seems most people, including myself are going the temperd glass screen protector route.. I have been using one for 2 years now and simply is the best. Nothing better then still having that glass touch feel to go along with the incredible protection.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    Wildo6882 likes this.

i hate hate hate screen protectors. i tried a zagg one on my original droid back in the day, and ive hated them every since. i just go naked. nothing bad has every happened to my phones, and the screen gets to look great.
    fantom305 and Wildo6882 like this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    As is already being discussed at length in other threads on this subject,, seems most people, including myself are going the temperd glass screen protector route.. I have been using one for 2 years now and simply is the best. Nothing better then still having that glass touch feel to go along with the incredible protection.

Thanks. I looked around and didn't see anything posted. My fault for clogging the forums. Do you have to use the spare button they provide, or does it work without it?

The ones from SGP?
    Yep. Those real crappy ones you either buy for less than $10 or get it for free.

Wildo6882 likes this.

Check out memi temperd glass screen protectors,, they are awesome. 28 dollars is not bad for the look and feel you get. Well worth it. I apologize if there are no dedicated threads to this subject. I have been in threads where this was discussed at length but I to don't seem to see a DEDICATED thread on this subject.

I bought the ones from the T-Mobile store. Fellowes, and I also purchased a set from Amazon called: SPIGEN Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Screen Protector for $9.99. Definitely not bad. I'll use the OVERPRICED set that TMo charged me $24.99 for , until the new set arrives.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Check out memi temperd glass screen protectors,, they are awesome. 28 dollars is not bad for the look and feel you get. Well worth it. I apologize if there are no dedicated threads to this subject. I have been in threads where this was discussed at length but I to don't seem to see a DEDICATED thread on this subject.

I checked those out, they look pretty good. Do they work with any cases? Or do you know? I like to have just a minimal Diztronic case for a little protection.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by The SPCS Guy View Post
    I bought the ones from the T-Mobile store. Fellowes, and I also purchased a set from Amazon called: SPIGEN Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Screen Protector for $9.99. Definitely not bad. I'll use the OVERPRICED set that TMo charged me $24.99 for , until the new set arrives.
    Have you got the ones from Spigen yet? I think those are the ones that come in a package of three. I'm still waiting to see what people here say about the screen responsiveness with the S-Pen. I had no issues with them on the Note 2, so I don't know why there would be an issue with these.

dont know the brand, Tmo store gave me since I paid the whole thing up front. Works great.

I checked those out, they look pretty good. Do they work with any cases? Or do you know? I like to have just a minimal Diztronic case for a little protection.
    They have no effect on Cases.

I'm using a BodyGuardz tempered glass screen protector I picked up from an AT&T corporate store several weeks back. No issues with S Pen sensitivity. However, I used to be able to use my fingernail with the bare screen when selecting things and can longer do that with this screen protector (makes me wonder how the increased touch sensitivity will work with the tempered glass screen protector and gloves this winter). I haven't dropped the phone yet, so I don't know how it protects in a face-down fall (I have a case with a lip around the screen anyway). I've used two cases on my phone so far with the lip around the screen having no effect on the screen protector (no lifting at the edges yet).

Using Tech Armor HD Clear $6.95 includes 3 protectors plus free shipping so far it works great.

Posted via Android Central App

I have the bodyguardz from att. They installed it free, though a bit pricey. I also got some cheap ones, a 3 pack for 47 cents to use as a spare in the event that my bodyguardz one gets damaged.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BeRich View Post
    I'm using a BodyGuardz tempered glass screen protector I picked up from an AT&T corporate store several weeks back. No issues with S Pen sensitivity. However, I used to be able to use my fingernail with the bare screen when selecting things and can longer do that with this screen protector (makes me wonder how the increased touch sensitivity will work with the tempered glass screen protector and gloves this winter). I haven't dropped the phone yet, so I don't know how it protects in a face-down fall (I have a case with a lip around the screen anyway). I've used two cases on my phone so far with the lip around the screen having no effect on the screen protector (no lifting at the edges yet).
    That's weird. I can use my fingernails even with the bodyguardz that I got from att. I have a Verizon variant, but I don't think that that should make a difference

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

I just use the SuperSheildz I got off Ebay. $6.00 for 6 of em. First one I put on, I got nearly perfect (one tiny air bubble).. feels nice... no loss of sensitivity.
    I'm very happy with it (them).

Quote Originally Posted by dcooper830 View Post
    I just use the SuperSheildz I got off Ebay. $6.00 for 6 of em. First one I put on, I got nearly perfect (one tiny air bubble).. feels nice... no loss of sensitivity.
    I'm very happy with it (them).
    Do they give you in 6 separate sheets?

Just installed the Mime ghost tempered glass screen protector. It was really easy. Does add a little thickness though. The home button is now recessed just slightly.

zmann likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mavrrick View Post
    Just installed the Mime ghost tempered glass screen protector. It was really easy. Does add a little thickness though. The home button is now recessed just slightly.

Do you have those irritating bubbles problem?

Have you got the ones from Spigen yet? I think those are the ones that come in a package of three. I'm still waiting to see what people here say about the screen responsiveness with the S-Pen. I had no issues with them on the Note 2, so I don't know why there would be an issue with these.

Yup, they were in the mailbox today. I just took the fellowes off and put the Spigen on. The Fellowes seems to be fingerprint prone. Although the fitting, is about 95% identical to the Spigen.
    I recommend going for the $9.99 Spigen deal on amazon (plus shipping). $24.99 for th Fellowes @ the cell store is a little OCD. No one should spend that kind of money in the cell store on screen protectors.

Not that I notice. There was one spot that had a little one but it pressed out before I was done. I did the trick I heard about with steam in the bathroom to keep the dust under control.

The only thing I have noticed is that with the added thickness a few things have changed. 1. The home button is now slightly recessed. 2. Now instead of the fake metal around the screen making a lip the glass screen protector provides a raised texture on the edges.

Screen still works great and the feeling of glass is much nicer then the crappy zagg sp I used years ago with my captivate and xoom.

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Android 4.1.1, 4.0.3, 4.1

Amazon.com: SPIGEN Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Screen Protector [Crystal Clear][3-PACK]**JAPANESE BASE PET FILM** Premium Front Screen Protector - Crystal CR (SGP10449): Cell Phones & Accessories (yeap I know this was posted already)

This is the one that works for me... Went from a Zagg Clear to the SPIGEN on my GN2 and hands down the performance of the protector when using the S-Pen... oh ya. The Zagg one would leave lines where the pen was used. It seems that the softer the plastic the more likely to get those trace lines. Yeaper. I did use one of my older GN2 protector on my GN3... believe it or not they do fit, but you have to be very careful to get them aligned with the screen... maybe at some point I will get off my lazy back side and order the GN3 ones .

The screen responsiveness- I can not tell any reduction that really matters. There is a slight reduction when compared to the Zagg protector, but the Zagg one leaves trace lines... so I will be staying with the Spigen ones.

~ScottGeek

Had Zagg and ghost armor on previous phones. Bought the Verizon brand protector from the store for my note 3 until I get one of these, and the damn cheap verizon one feels and looks better....... uhhhh, guess I'll stay put for now...hahahah!!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast