Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 56
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Earbuds for the Note 3

    I'm a big fan & user of earbuds. When I heard that Verizon isn't including them, I was disappointed.

    So, for those of us who were not on the receiving end of the OEM Earbuds with our phones...what are you using?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  2. #2  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,648 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,893 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: Earbuds for the Note 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Bianca Horkan View Post
    I'm a big fan & user of earbuds. When I heard that Verizon isn't including them, I was disappointed.

    So, for those of us who were not on the receiving end of the OEM Earbuds with our phones...what are you using?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    I'd recommend the Klipsch S4A, really good quality and go for $40 - 60 on eBay. The JayBird Blue Buds are also really good
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Earbuds for the Note 3

    I was also disappointed but not surprised since I'm with Verizon I know the top brass always needs another mansion. Hate to say it but I'm using a set from my wife's IPhone which I think works great.

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Earbuds for the Note 3

    I'm using my iphone earbuds as well, just wish the volume control worked.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Earbuds for the Note 3

    I still have my earbuds from my Gnex & they work great. I was just hoping for something that would be compatible with the N3 for answering calls.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    AE335Unit likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Earbuds for the Note 3

    I use the monoprice 8320 ear buds. They have a great sound and they are $7.50. I don't spend much money on ear buds because I lose or break them quite often, plus I'm half deaf so I've never been able to tell the difference between them and the more expensive buds

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
  7. #7  

    Default

    If you're going to spend $30 on a headset, you might as well buy the ones from Samsung that actually work with the phone.
    http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cel...EO-HS3303WESTA

    or you could even spend $20, and it still works with the phone
    http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cel...EO-HS1303WEBUS
    Last edited by infinity12402; 10-22-2013 at 07:27 AM.
  8. #8  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,648 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,893 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: Earbuds for the Note 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Bianca Horkan View Post
    I still have my earbuds from my Gnex & they work great. I was just hoping for something that would be compatible with the N3 for answering calls.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    The KlipschS4A work with any Android phone

    Posted via Android Central App
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Earbuds for the Note 3

    Back when the Beats came out for the Rezound, a few weeks later a website had a fire sale on the Rezound Beats earphones for about $40. While I find the Dre brand to be overrated, at $40 I didn't complain.

    I also have some bluebuds X that sound good and some Klipsch S4s as well. If you want good phone capability, then I suggest the Jay bird bluebuds X.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
    UJ95x likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Earbuds for the Note 3

    I don't know how serious you are about audio/music, but if you have audiophile leanings, you ought to head on over to head-fi.org, where all things related to headphones are discussed passionately. They discuss anything from typical cheap consumer stuff all the way to headphones that cost thousands of dollars running on dedicated portable headphone amps, and everything in-between.

    For mobile listening, I use a pair of Westone 4, which is probably way too expensive for the average person who isn't passionate about music/audio, but compared to those who spend over a thousand dollars, the Westone 4 seems a pretty good deal.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Earbuds for the Note 3

    I use a pair of Etymotic HF2's. They are available now for about half what I paid, and I consider them worth every penny at full price. They have a vast selection of attachments so that you can find one that feels right and fits right.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Earbuds for the Note 3

    http://m.adorama.com/newui/search.as...022204521634gq

    There's a coupon code that brings it down to under $35 I believe. Amazon has them for close to $90.


    "logdeals". Brings it to around $33.00


    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
  13. #13  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,648 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,893 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: Earbuds for the Note 3

    Quote Originally Posted by LunatiqueRob View Post
    I don't know how serious you are about audio/music, but if you have audiophile leanings, you ought to head on over to head-fi.org, where all things related to headphones are discussed passionately. They discuss anything from typical cheap consumer stuff all the way to headphones that cost thousands of dollars running on dedicated portable headphone amps, and everything in-between.

    For mobile listening, I use a pair of Westone 4, which is probably way too expensive for the average person who isn't passionate about music/audio, but compared to those who spend over a thousand dollars, the Westone 4 seems a pretty good deal.
    Head-fi.org is like the Audiophile version of this forum XD I used to be on there a lot until my dog chewed up the cable on my headphones
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Earbuds for the Note 3

    Have them recabled?
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Earbuds for the Note 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Bianca Horkan View Post
    I'm a big fan & user of earbuds. When I heard that Verizon isn't including them, I was disappointed.

    So, for those of us who were not on the receiving end of the OEM Earbuds with our phones...what are you using?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    I got my Verizon note 3 for $90 so not complaining about lack of headphones. I got my note 2 in February for $37, no headphones but no complaints there either. Now if I paid a lot for my note 2 /3 then I would be slightly disappointed.

    Anyway I am using the s4 or pro media headphones.

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  16. #16  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,648 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,893 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: Earbuds for the Note 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Grifter9931 View Post
    Have them recabled?
    Did it myself but didn't go back to their forums

    Posted via Android Central App
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: Earbuds for the Note 3

    I'll keep all the suggestions in mind...but I think I'm gonna hold off on purchasing any new earbuds.

    Thanks everyone.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Earbuds for the Note 3

    Lose the chord. LG HBS730 give good sound and you won't get tangled up in the cable. Bluetooth for both music, audiobooks and phone.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Earbuds for the Note 3

    I like the stock headphones that came with non Verizon phone. Have 2 sets and they are good. I'm no audiophile.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Earbuds for the Note 3

    Quote Originally Posted by randpost View Post
    I like the stock headphones that came with non Verizon phone. Have 2 sets and they are good. I'm no audiophile.
    They are really underrated headphones. I have used them and enjoyed them thus far.

    Sent from the baddest device on the planet, it's for real.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Earbuds for the Note 3

    I usually use earbuds, but I received these as a present and so far they are awesome. Amazon.com: SOL REPUBLIC 1211-UNE Collegiate Series Tracks On-Ear Headphones with Three Button Remote and Microphone - University of Nebraska: Electronics

    - - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by JLadd4420; 10-24-2013 at 08:04 AM.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Earbuds for the Note 3

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    The KlipschS4A work with any Android phone

    Posted via Android Central App
    JBL just came out with some Android compatible ear buds/headphones a couple months ago.

    Posted via Android Central App
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

    Default Re: Earbuds for the Note 3

    Quote Originally Posted by WillYammer View Post
    Lose the chord. LG HBS730 give good sound and you won't get tangled up in the cable. Bluetooth for both music, audiobooks and phone.
    Those look like a combination of a Celtic Torc necklace and earbuds...
    AE335Unit likes this.
  24. #24  
    jwlehman1's Avatar

    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

    Default Re: Earbuds for the Note 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Tysonsaurus View Post
    JBL just came out with some Android compatible ear buds/headphones a couple months ago.

    Posted via Android Central App
    When you say "Android Compatible"...what does that mean? Are you referring to the earbuds ability to control volume or muting a call etc?
  25. #25  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,648 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,893 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: Earbuds for the Note 3

    Quote Originally Posted by jwlehman1 View Post
    When you say "Android Compatible"...what does that mean? Are you referring to the earbuds ability to control volume or muting a call etc?
    Yes, there are a lot that work only with the iPhone, for example the Klipsch S4i didn't work with Android devices so they made the S4A.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Has anyone dropped their Note 3 yet?
    By XChrisX in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 223
    Last Post: 02-17-2014, 02:39 AM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-10-2013, 09:02 AM
  3. Question about buying the Nexus 7...
    By Anthony Tarantino in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-22-2013, 05:21 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-22-2013, 07:58 AM
  5. Bluetooth in Car for Samsung GS3 running android 4.1.2 on AT&T
    By Peter Papoulakos in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-21-2013, 07:09 PM

Posting Permissions