Home Key - Complete Action Using TouchWiz Easy Home - HUH?

streetslide

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
So I am looking through my Apps and decide to get back to the home menu. Now I have this message popping up.

What the heck is TouchWiz Easy Home and TouchWiz Home and why the heck am I even dealing with this?
Screenshots_2013-10-22-19-29-41 (Small).png

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
So I am looking through my Apps and decide to get back to the home menu. Now I have this message popping up.

What the heck is TouchWiz Easy Home and TouchWiz Home and why the heck am I even dealing with this?
View attachment 88399

You did what I did a few days ago, when you go into Task Manager, under the "Clear Defaults", you probably cleared away "TouchWiz home", which is the skin on these devices (HTC has the Sense). What I did to remedy it is click on "Always" and selected "TouchWiz home" which is default. Try that to stop getting the message.

Oh and "TouchWiz easy" is more of a remedial version of Touchwiz.

mkholeif

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
hi all,

please i have this annoying problem and dunno what to do.
i have a note 3 and EVERY single time i press the home button, it shows that i have to choose between touchwiz and touchwiz easy.
then i hit the touchwiz and press always and it appears on the default apps.

but after that, it shows the same thing.

HELPPPP!!!!

dagold99

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me after I updated the Google Search application. I than uninstalled the update and the popup went away. I wish there was a better solution.

AZwldcats

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Easy Home is Touchwiz Easy Mode.

Just choose the other option and choose always and you should not see it anymore.

Posted via Android Central App

PaulNote3

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. Everything was working fine, then last week when I pressed the home button kept getting asked the touchwiz question. Very annoying. To make it worse I cleared the data for Touchwiz and lost all my setup, now have to do it all again!

I have still got the problem above even though I have to set my phone up again. Pressing "always" should do it, but it only lets you use the home button for a while, then it kicks in again. If you press once, then next time you press the home button it kicks in straight away. I need to find out what is making it kick-in after pressing always. You get to use the phone for a while and then suddenly it asks the touchwiz question.

If I can make it happen then I can show someone at Samsung the problem, but now if I go to them the problem cannot be shown as it is happening outside of my control.

All help here appreciated

Last edited:

Ooogler

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Uninstalling the Google Search updates worked for me. This new 'complete action using' home button feature/problem has been driving me crazy for the past couple of weeks. Was ready to reset to factory default. Cannot thank you enough!

PaulNote3

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I unistalled google updates

I have uninstalled Google updates and the home button seems more responsive and no more Touchwiz popup. shame though as the update to Google looked useful.

I have now fully tested this out and it is true. When you load the update you get the problem, uninstall the update and the problem disappears. I will send feedback to app store & Google. To uninstall Google search just go to app store and search "Google search" and then select "uninstall". You do not uninstall Google, only the update.

Last edited:

keith whelan

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I tried rebooting...removing the battery....choosing always when given the choice.. uninstalling the google search update...even uninstalling google search and I still get the touchwiz screen

any other suggestions?

Rick Jones3

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I did this to myself this morning and was freaking out at the repeated pop up message. I found a very easy fix for it. Go to SETTINGS, then DEVICE, select the Home Screen Mode option. I toggled between Easy Mode and Standard Mode. Voila'. My "Standard Mode" homescreen(s) are all back to normal and the TouchWiz message has disappeared. FYI, I am using a Galaxy S4 on VZW...

Yoshi1221

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
have that same issue, it looks like toggling through the easy home and the standard worked on the note 3. Thanks, was doing this for 3 weeks straight, lol.

Knoxy55

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey Mkholeif,

That's the EXACT same problem I've had with my Samsung galaxy S4! I've tried rebooting it, restarting it, fully powering it off and turning it back on, taking the battery out and this problem still keeps happening!!!

So now I have no idea what else I can do!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Knoxy55

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Easy Home is Touchwiz Easy Mode.

Just choose the other option and choose always and you should not see it anymore.

Posted via Android Central App

No doesn't work, when I select the "TouchWiz Home" option, I hit the "Always" button and every time I lock my screen or as soon as it locks by itself, I unlock it and it does the same thing, again, and again, and again...

James Robertson1

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I did this to myself this morning and was freaking out at the repeated pop up message. I found a very easy fix for it. Go to SETTINGS, then DEVICE, select the Home Screen Mode option. I toggled between Easy Mode and Standard Mode. Voila'. My "Standard Mode" homescreen(s) are all back to normal and the TouchWiz message has disappeared. FYI, I am using a Galaxy S4 on VZW...

This seems to have worked for me too. Easy fix.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
What carriers are you all on? I'm with Sprint and both my S4 and Note 3 have been updated with the new G Search and I'm not experiencing this problem. I'm still dealing with that Knox crap though! :)

GANote3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a homescreen replacement and never had the problem once I selected my homescreen launcher as default. I know a lot of people like touchwiz, but there are other great launchers out there like Nova. I use lightning laucher, but it is harder to get setup and going. Btw installing a new launcher does not uninstall or harm touchwiz at all.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy