Help with tempered glass instillation

bprochon

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered a Mime Ghost tempered glass screen protector and am looking for any tips for a good install and how to keep lint from getting under the screen protector. Thank you!

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

blazin247

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered a Mime Ghost tempered glass screen protector and am looking for any tips for a good install and how to keep lint from getting under the screen protector. Thank you!

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk.

The nice thing with MIME is that they provide you with a purple sticky "screen protector" to put over the glass to remove all dust before installation. After that, I just put two rings of tape on each end of the glass screen protector, lowered it into place, and took the plastic cover off the glass.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The tip i used was to do it in the bathroom with the shower going full blast with hot water. The stream seemed to do a great job of controling the dust.

Basically 1. Turn shower in full blast to get really steamy. 2. Turned off fans and anything that would move air. 3. Changes screen with cloth. 4. Went into steamy bathroom used purple sheet to remove anything left. 5.gently removed just sheet from bottom side of SP.quickly positioned on glass and left it alone.6. Once you see the glue SP adhesive spread to all corners press out any last bubbles you see. 7. Remove top protective sheet and enjoy the lovely glass protector.

The big thing is one you set it down and aee adhesive spread don't mess with it. My understanding is it is a one time shoot. So just make sure you are positioned right when you set it down.

Posted via Android Central App

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
No matter how you do it, do it in a Steamy bathroom. That creates a no dust environment.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I am slow in this area, and I just installed the Spigen Tempered Slim'R glass on my note 3.. Believe, I didn't know jack. I looked at a couple vids on youtube and went for it. I wasn't in a steamy bathroom, I was right in my cube at work, with a carpeted floor. I wiped the screen with the spongee, then the cloth. Nervously took the glass, didn't know which side was which,but i think I guessed right, and dam if I didn't get it on there. No priints, and no dust, and it looks good. At first I was wondering how it would stick, because after I placed it on, it would move if I touched it????

I came back with my rubber case over it, and no prints, looks clearer then the bare screen, and I am happy..

You going to like the glass... :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke