Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By cmcfarland
  • 1 Post By jpr
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen brightness slider gone??

Before when I pulled down notification menu there was the slider to adjust the brightness.. I made no changes and it's gone now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Screen brightness slider gone??

Go to settings.....device....notification panel and once you open it at the top you will see Brightness adjustment...... that setting should be check marked in order for it to show under the notification menu.... Once there adjust your brightness.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Didn't know I unchecked it... Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app
    fantom305 likes this.

I tried that and still doesnt work!

Me to

Have you tried to toggle the setting back and forth? Also, give it a good old fashioned reboot.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Tried turn if off and on, toggle it off and on, take the batteries out can't get it to show on notification..

I know you may have tried this already but I dont see it mentioned...if you have to many notifications you have to scroll te screen down so the slider can be seen...it gets hidden when you have a lot of notifications.

As the standard automatic brightness suck on note 3, I would recommend getting an app from AppStore to manage this.

don't have any notifications.. it was there the night before.. and in the morning.. the slider was gone.. no notification or anything.. usually it doesn't get hidden by notifications either..

@improwise, any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Li View Post
    don't have any notifications.. it was there the night before.. and in the morning.. the slider was gone.. no notification or anything.. usually it doesn't get hidden by notifications either..

Mine is almost always hidden by notifications and I have to scroll down to get to it because it is at the very top... I know these phones are not all created equal tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Li View Post

Not really, I'm currently testing Yet Another Auto Brightness and so far it seems better than stock.

This just happened to me too. Woke up this morning and the slider was gone :-( How did you resolve it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Geranium View Post
    This just happened to me too. Woke up this morning and the slider was gone :-( How did you resolve it?
    Is your battery low? That will remove it.
    Bid likes this.

This happen to me a few months back,, I even started a thread asking for help,, no one could figure it out and after a few days it was back,,, never happened again. Lol

Note 3 SIZE IS EVERYTHING
    love my evo.

Lol
    Glxy nt3
    Funny this I just came on this site
    Read all ur suggestions n just played about with my fone. . .
    Settings
    Device
    At the bottom should be d option "notification panel"
    Once u open there 1st option b the 1 we want
    Happpppyyyyyy dayyyyys lol
    Bid

This happens to me when my battery is quite low. For some reason it disappears when it's close to critical level. It could also be if you have power saving mode enabled when your battery is low too.

The amazing Note 3!

This happened to me before. I pulled down my notification panel and clicked on the top right corner of the screen where there was an icon with 3 boxes and 2 arrows. This was the only way I could get the notification panel settings on my screen. While there, I was able to check the brightness box that others were talking about in earlier posts.

If you have the app "Night Mode" run(start) it then turn it off(stop) . The slider should come back up. As long as you have it checked in settings.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by annony View Post
    This happened to me before. I pulled down my notification panel and clicked on the top right corner of the screen where there was an icon with 3 boxes and 2 arrows. This was the only way I could get the notification panel settings on my screen. While there, I was able to check the brightness box that others were talking about in earlier posts.
    If you swipe down with two fingers you can pull up that same menu.

I had the exact same problem on my Samsung Galaxy Note tablet running 4.4.2 KitKat. I woke up one morning to find the slider missing. The box was checked in the settings, the battery was 90+%, I rebooted it... I tried all the usual remedies, short of a full-blown factory reset.

I fixed the problem by installing the app called "Night Mode" (available in the Google Play store), and toggled the night mode on and back off. And voila! the brightness bar was back.

I hope this helps.

I use an app that is a hidden overlay that is always above every app (even games, movies, YouTube, full screen apps, the lock screen, etc). You simply slide your finger over the "hot spot" to adjust brightness up/down. Very simple, one swipe, done. No menus, popups.

It's called Display Brightness.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...playBrightness

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

Everyone I messed with this for awhile and when I finally gave up and went to download a brightness app I figured it out, if you download "Free Brightness Slider" the app on the market it will do what the original slider did and turn the original one back on after you use the app one time, then delete the app and your original slider will stay as long as you have it checked in settings.