Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note 3 and Asurion... :(

Phone stolen on a cruise this past weekend. I called Asurion when I got back on Monday. Paid my $200.00 deductible and THEN was told the phone has been on back order for a while as a replacement. Today is Thursday and I am now being told 7 to 10 business days as there are still no phones available (Asurion says its the manufactures fault)

Be careful out there guys... don't want you to end up in my situation. 10 years of paying insurance... and this is my first claim. I told them I don't even care about the color... they don't have white or black in stock.

Default Re: Galaxy Note 3 and Asurion... :(

Yikes! Sorry to hear and hope the time passes quickly!

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

its a 200 dollar deductable now!!! I would be asking for my $200 back until they are going to ship it
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by dubge View Post
    its a 200 dollar deductable now!!! I would be asking for my $200 back until they are going to ship it
    I actually called up and told them that I believe it was illegal to charge me for a product that has not shipped (normally you don't pay until they ship)... it didn't fly with them. Yes... $11/month... $200.00 deductible.

I think I am only paying like 6 a month, and it is 150 deductible. Granted I haven't filed a claim so might be more than the $150. That is with Verizon, but I didn't pay for the highest insurance plan. I payed for the one that would replace lost, stolen, or physical damage.

you should get squaretrade as insurance. they have a special for $99 for galaxy smartphones for 2 yrs, and a $99 deductible for any claim. and they fix or replace it for anything.

Mines 8 bucks a month with $100 deductible through Verizon, but that's on an S3. I think newer phones and iPhones have a higher deductible.
    Still better than paying for a new device.
    All the more reason to get a good tracking app like Cerberus to track and locate your phone. You can remotely turn on the phones camera, sms, wipe your phone and even lock it down so whoever stole it can't use it.

tap'n
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by infinity12402 View Post
    you should get squaretrade as insurance. they have a special for $99 for galaxy smartphones for 2 yrs, and a $99 deductible for any claim. and they fix or replace it for anything.
    I will definitely be making a change as soon as I get my phone.

ROM
    CM10

Square doesn't cover loss or theft, as was the case with the OP, which is a pretty big reason to look elsewhere.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Mines $5.18/month and $99 deductible on Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by AldousSnow View Post
    Phone stolen on a cruise this past weekend. I called Asurion when I got back on Monday. Paid my $200.00 deductible and THEN was told the phone has been on back order for a while as a replacement. Today is Thursday and I am now being told 7 to 10 business days as there are still no phones available (Asurion says its the manufactures fault)

Be careful out there guys... don't want you to end up in my situation. 10 years of paying insurance... and this is my first claim. I told them I don't even care about the color... they don't have white or black in stock.
    Hi AldousSnow: We know waiting is never fun, so we truly appreciate your patience while we work replace your phone. We encourage you to monitor your claim status via for the most up-to-date information. We would also be more than happy to look into your claim further to see if there is anything we can do to help.

If you would like our assistance, please send us a direct message on Twitter @AsurionCares with your claim number and the best contact number for you. Be sure to include #androidcentral so we can easily identify your Twitter response. If Twitter is not convenient, we also welcome you to email the same information to us at .

Thank you for being a loyal Asurion customer. We are here to help if you need us.

Asurion Social Media Team
    @AsurionCares
    CR6 and john248 like this.

Wow, stolen on a cruise. I'd be livid! Thats the last place I would think something like this would happen. Wish your new phone comes soon!
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by Asurioncares View Post
    Hi AldousSnow: We know waiting is never fun, so we truly appreciate your patience while we work replace your phone. We encourage you to monitor your claim status via for the most up-to-date information. We would also be more than happy to look into your claim further to see if there is anything we can do to help.

If you would like our assistance, please send us a direct message on Twitter @AsurionCares with your claim number and the best contact number for you. Be sure to include #androidcentral so we can easily identify your Twitter response. If Twitter is not convenient, we also welcome you to email the same information to us at .

Thank you for being a loyal Asurion customer. We are here to help if you need us.

Asurion Social Media Team
    @AsurionCares
    I appreciate the response. I have been in contact with JD from your Twitter team this morning. I also call about every 4 hours hoping for updates. The latest update is that a few phones were received today, but the go to the people waiting the longest.... and believe it or not, some people are waiting longer than me. As it stands now, since I won't get one of the phones, I won't get mine Friday, Saturday or Sunday.... so I start the waiting game over on Monday.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stan23 View Post
    Wow, stolen on a cruise. I'd be livid! Thats the last place I would think something like this would happen. Wish your new phone comes soon!
    I cruise a lot... and I can say that the staff on any cruise I've been on has been more than trustworthy. I can not say the same for the people you may cruise with or sit next to in the main dining halls.

+1 for SquareTrade

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

My heart goes out to you. Hopefully, this means a brand new phone for you since the Note 3 just came out. I've had to deal with Asurion as well, and although the experience was good I felt like I was part of their quality control team because I had to go through two replacement devices (EVO 4G refurbs). They were kind enough to offer me a brand new EVO 3D but the first one was defective. The second - my current - was the keeper. Plus they let me keep the battery and micoSD from the first EVO 3D. So it eventually turned out for the best. Miss my EVO 4G though.

Here's to hoping you're back up and running soon.

3VO via Android Central App

HTC EVO 4G (cracked screen) > HTC EVO3D (eventual insurance replacement)
    Asus Eee Pad Transformer - 16gb
    Asus Eee Pad Transformer Dock

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

can you ask for a loaner phone if it is a long wait? I thought I read someone did that before but not positive

I also looked mine up and I pay $8/month with a $99 deductible
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I think I pay ten per month for Verizon with a $99 deductible.

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I actually called up and told them that I believe it was illegal to charge me for a product that has not shipped (normally you don't pay until they ship)... it didn't fly with them. Yes... $11/month... $200.00 deductible.
    That would be correct, I do not believe it is legal to bill you for a service or product that has not been performed or delivered. They should not be billing you until they have them available.

- - - Updated - - -

SquareTrade would not help him since his phone was stolen. SquareTrade is good for warranty and damage claims though.

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by stan23 View Post
    I remember a story about a stolen iphone on a cruise and the cruise line employee who stole it was stupid enough to not erase the phone and continued to use it. The whole time the photos were uploading to the owners account and they were posting them online and showing them as proof of theft. I don't recall if they got the phone back.

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

What is assurion's policy on how they have to actually replace a device. After all it is insurance and they have to deliver on it. They can go to Verizon if necessary and pay for one.

I've dealt with Asurion on two different occasions over the years, with two different phones, and they were great! Received both phones the next day and their customer service was unmatched.
    I think it's great they took the time reply on this forum. :thumbup:

tap'n

Global Posts
    6,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    What is assurion's policy on how they have to actually replace a device. After all it is insurance and they have to deliver on it. They can go to Verizon if necessary and pay for one.
    I wouldn't be surprised if their policy is to get by as cheaply (for them) as possible. They're in business to make money not because they want to help folks. What affects their pocketbook is going to be a higher priority than providing the customer with the service the customer expects. I apologize for putting it so bluntly but that's likely closer to the truth than not.

'13 NeXus 7
    Live long and prosper.

They'll replace with a new or refurbished phone. Both of mine were refurbished and they came to me exactly how a new phone would, and in perfect condition. Not a scratch on them.

tap'n

ROM
    Stock Note 2

I think they were counting the $$$ when this hit the fan! Nobody should have to wait that long! I have been paying for Asurion for about 5 years & I may as well just go with a rider on my company insurance, pay less & get the replacement when I want it or need it!! That's just plain stupid .... I don't care what Asurion says! It's stupid! They should just tell him to go to his nearest carrier office & get it!

Cheers, Jon
    Quote Originally Posted by CR6 View Post
    I've dealt with Asurion on two different occasions over the years, with two different phones, and they were great! Received both phones the next day and their customer service was unmatched.
    I think it's great they took the time reply on this forum. :thumbup:

tap'n
    Have Note 2 & ordered Verizon 32gb/64gb Note 3 in white

I pay $5 a month through Verizon and it's a $100 deductible. I had to make a claim on my Note 2 three months after I got it for a cracked screen and I got a brand new phone in the box the very next day!! Wasn't even a refurb which is what I was expecting.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast