Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By power5
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Notifications not launching correctly from lock screen

When I'm on the lock screen and get a notification I can't launch the app that the notification is for. For instance I get a notification from eBay and pull the notification bar down while still on the lock screen. If I click the notification I'm back at the lock screen. Now if I unlock the phone I'm in the eBay app. So it launches the app but doesn't unlock the phone.

Default Re: Notifications not launching correctly from lock screen

I'm having this issue too. I really dislike the lock screen set up.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    Palm Treo 600/650/700P/Centro/Blackberry Curve 8330/Tour 9630/Bold 9650/HTC EVO 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SII Touch 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SIII Touch LTE!!!

Can you please explain how to get notification on lock screen? I am using Note 3 and switch from iPhone 4S.

Quote Originally Posted by kokomaung View Post
    Can you please explain how to get notification on lock screen? I am using Note 3 and switch from iPhone 4S.

Palm Treo line > Blackberry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW - the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 😊
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Notifications not launching correctly from lock screen-uploadfromtaptalk1382670576952.jpg  
    Palm Treo 600/650/700P/Centro/Blackberry Curve 8330/Tour 9630/Bold 9650/HTC EVO 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SII Touch 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SIII Touch LTE!!!

I think he means if he pulls down from the top he can't open like a fb notification for example. You can open it but you then have to unlock the phone manually

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by biggerfasterstronger24 View Post
    I think he means if he pulls down from the top he can't open like a fb notification for example. You can open it but you then have to unlock the phone manually

Posted via Android Central App
    Exactly
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Anyone else having this issue? Making me want to bail and get a LG g2

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyshinta View Post
    Anyone else having this issue? Making me want to bail and get a LG g2
    im also noticing this. its not with everything though. must be some kind of glitch, i just came from an s4 and didnt have this issue.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Looks like its most 3rd party apps. if this is a widespread issue I'm less worried. It'll most likely get fixed in an update. If it's just me then I'm screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyshinta View Post
    Looks like its most 3rd party apps. if this is a widespread issue I'm less worried. It'll most likely get fixed in an update. If it's just me then I'm screwed.
    It's not just you. It does seem like it works for Samsung apps (messaging, for instance), but 3rd party apps like Facebook and eBay do not cause it to unlock when their notifications are selected from the notification shade. I should note that I'm using Lightflow, which I think intercepts notifications in order to control the LED. Are others that are having this problem using Lightflow?

-Brett.

I am having the same problem, I will pull a notification down and click on it and nothing happens from the lock screen.

I can email myself from my work email to my Gmail , get the notification on the phone, pull down the notification tab and tap it.. It takes me to the email. I click back and it goes to the Gmail inbox.

Are you guys using Touchwiz? I am using Nova Launcher. Also do you have passwords for your lock screens?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Gmail is not an issue. Maybe try with eBay or Facebook

i am having the same issue with Galaxy S4 4.3 update... so annoying.

Same here. Messaging and email works just fine. FB or other 3rd party apps do not unlock the phone. Phone goes to the app behind the lock screen so when I do unlock I am at the app from the notification. So its like the app is allowed to launch but not unlock the screen. Somehow the stock apps are allowed to as well. I think the apps need the update for 4.3 not the OS.
    Gator352 likes this.

Me thinks you is correct.
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2