Galaxy Note 3 - Unresponsive touch screen

JBassRN

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
So a few times a day, my screen goes unresponsive. The only way to unfreeze it is to turn the screen off, back on, unlock phone, and it all works great after that. Seems that it happens everytime I am bragging and showing off the phone. Really annoying. Any thoughts?

I have done a factory reset, cleared cache, disable pen recognition.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
So a few times a day, my screen goes unresponsive. The only way to unfreeze it is to turn the screen off, back on, unlock phone, and it all works great after that. Seems that it happens everytime I am bragging and showing off the phone. Really annoying. Any thoughts?

I have done a factory reset, cleared cache, disable pen recognition.

Do you ever turn off your phone like at night or when charging it? It sounds like something is running in background or something in RAM is getting stuck, for lack of some better technical term.

JBassRN

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I restart my phone 3-4times a day because I was thinking the same. I narrowed the problem down to my screen protector, my double layer incipio case, or my SD card. Not the screen protector but still troubleshooting the other two.

JBassRN

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Three hard resets later, problem is miraculously fixed. Only problem is I no longer have the Samsung App store and Samsung says they can't fix that.

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I posted a link in the note 3 forum for the link to manually download the app store. Search my user name and you should see it.

Morriton

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
JBass, Mine does the same thing. I went in and enabled dev options and had it show touch locations on the screen and when it freezes like that, if you put 2-3 fingers on the screen and just hold them for a second or two, it should stop it and let you go again. It's a multi-touch issue with the phone and over on XDADev it's a 20 page thread going on about it.

Did the 3 hard resets actually fix it? Or just delay it from coming back again? Every time I think I've stopped it, it comes back with a vengeance for a few hours. I ran mine without a case, SD card, or screen protector a good chunk of the time with no difference.

If it did fix it for you, please let me know and I'll hard reset this SOB into the next millennium until it works. Otherwise I might get it swapped out at AT&T for another one, because while a LOT of people are having touch issues, only a rare few are having it as bad as you and I.

JBassRN

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I have had not. Issues for several days now. Hoping it worked although not sure why it would have.

anon8488674

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I have found that Voice Apps seem to screw everything up on my Note 3!
"Assistant" would freeze my lock screen and others screwup S Voice.
Joe

Via my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
My Note 3 screen only works with S pen, it wont respond when i use my finger. Hlep out.

Your note 3 is doing it too?

Did you figure how to fix this? Mine did the same thing months ago. I finally figured out that the phone thought there was an S-View cover on it, which I don't own. That is why the stylus would work and only my finger in the area where the S-View cover would show the screen. When you press the power button, do you get a funky looking menu? In other words, do you get a menu that looks like it would fit in an S-View window?
If so, the fix I found was to tap on the back side of the phone just to the left of the battery, about 1-1.5" from the bottom. Not real hard. Just a few taps with the end of your finger.
I thought it was a rogue app at first and then it happened again and finally (don't remember how) came up with this.
It must be a faulty sensor or something.

hummamz

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Three hard resets later, problem is miraculously fixed. Only problem is I no longer have the Samsung App store and Samsung says they can't fix that.

Was the problem eventually solved after 12 months of your post? And is the hard reset safe? I heard some people lost their phone's band base or serial number... do I have to clear the cash after or before the hard reset?

Posted via the Android Central App

tapasya143

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
My note 3 neo's touch screen becomes irresponsive very frequently and the only way to make it good is to use the powerlock key..and again unloke.then its runs well for couple of minutes and screen freezes.but it works well with s pen but finger touch is not working.again i have to lock and unlock the mobile.why is this happening?what to do now??

Shyuan

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Not meant to dig out old thread. Just wanna thank anon8488674. My mom was complaining about her phone lock screen being unresponsive to touch. I found this reply and I cleared the cache in this app "Assistant Menu". The non responsive issue has stopped!

I have found that Voice Apps seem to screw everything up on my Note 3!
"Assistant" would freeze my lock screen and others screwup S Voice.
Joe

Via my Samsung Galaxy Note 3